2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To everyone else on the wait list, do you all feel nervous about your chances of getting off or you still hopeful that you'll get chosen?

I applied in the 17/18 cycle and was accepted in June, so there's a lot of waitlist movement here. Never give up hope!

Interviewed on 09/25/2017
Waitlisted on 11/21/2017
Accepted on 06/01/2018

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What was the timing for the MMI? (i.e. how long were the prep and the answer periods?)

I applied in the 17/18 cycle and was accepted in June, so there's a lot of waitlist movement here. Never give up hope!

Interviewed on 09/25/2017
Waitlisted on 11/21/2017
Accepted on 06/01/2018
My god... that's a tortuous wait if I ever saw one...

Reactions: 2 users
What was the timing for the MMI? (i.e. how long were the prep and the answer periods?)
To be honest I don't really remember the exact timing. If you want to prepare, I would shoot for reading the prompt and formulating a response in 2 minutes. one important thing to keep in mind is that they will not let you write anything down so practice giving responses in that type of situation. I would generally recommend 4-5 minutes for a response as this allows them to ask follow up questions.

My experience was extremely positive with the MMI. It didn't seem like the interviewers were trying to trip me up at all and even when it finished early, instead of sitting in awkward silence they just started chatting with me lol.

We were given one minute to read the prompt, and then 5 minutes to answer questions on it. The MMI interviewers ask questions about the prompt as soon as you sit down.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when the next cycle of II's are? I applied Dec. 19th when they sent me an email about applying to their school. Received a secondary and have been on MR since I completed it Dec 22nd.

II at midnight! OOS LM 71. Applied in response to their late call for applications in December! First II! I'd totally lost hope, can't believe it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
II at midnight! OOS LM 74. Applied in response to their late call for applications in December! First II! I'd totally lost hope, can't believe it :)
That's great! Congrats. Could you tell me when you submitted your app?

Just received an II!!! Shining with more hope than ever. Does anyone have any tips or resources to help me prepare? Should I buy snow boots or a puffy jacket for Michigan?

Additional info: LM 69, OOS, ORM, complete end of September, SC status in November, sent an update with new activities in December.

Last edited:
People that have already interviewed, I need help- where did you stay if you stayed overnight? And how bad is the traffic there? I’ve heard Detroit traffic can get pretty bad....also did anyone have or apply for a student host?

Members don't see this ad :)
People that have already interviewed, I need help- where did you stay if you stayed overnight? And how bad is the traffic there? I’ve heard Detroit traffic can get pretty bad....also did anyone have or apply for a student host?
Airbnb close to interview location. Traffic wasn't bad at all

Reactions: 1 user
For all those people stuck on MR (complete sept 14)..my file went to SC yesterday. Not sure what the heck this means but just wanted to update those people starting to loose hope in the MR boat.

Just received an II!!! Shining with more hope than ever. Does anyone have any tips or resources to help me prepare? Should I buy snow boots or a puffy jacket for Michigan?

Additional info: LM 70, OOS, ORM, complete end of September, SC status in November, sent an update with new activities in December.

Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile

I would not invest in either. I went with no coat just because it was a short walk and I didn't wanna have to keep track of a coat. If it's raining you could take an umbrella, but the walk is only a couple minutes and you go everywhere else by bus. You could bring a jacket you already have, but I would not invest in one just for the interview. Maybe you could thrift one if you really wanted it?

For all those people stuck on MR (complete sept 14)..my file went to SC yesterday. Not sure what the heck this means but just wanted to update those people starting to loose hope in the MR boat.

+1 but MR --> SC (switched on 12/14). Was complete on 9/25. I really wish we could find out what it means.

Stayed at the Inn on Ferry Street. Highly reccomended- very close to campus and have a free shuttle to the interview

II today! Submitted mid-September, went to SC at least 3 weeks ago and got the invite in the middle of the night lolol

Reactions: 3 users
SS looks more and more like a hold. I hate to continue wondering about it but...can't help it I guess.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone from the area know the best places for Wayne Med Students to live- something nice and nearby?

Reactions: 5 users
Anybody else out there sitting on SC? I keep checking my portal and emails constantly but I feel like Wayne State is done giving out II's

SS for the last 5-6 months. Is it worth sending an update letter for what ive done this last half year? Publications, outreach programs, etc.

SS for the last 5-6 months. Is it worth sending an update letter for what ive done this last half year? Publications, outreach programs, etc.
Yes. I sent an update with new activities and got an II a week later.

Anybody else out there sitting on SC? I keep checking my portal and emails constantly but I feel like Wayne State is done giving out II's
I've been on SC since November 29th so I feel you.

Yes. I sent an update with new activities and got an II a week later.

Thanks for the reply!

Did you submit only to the application service or did you also send it via email to let them know that you had updated your activities?

Thanks for the reply!

Did you submit only to the application service or did you also send it via email to let them know that you had updated your activities?
Just through the application service.

Just through the application service.

I too sent an update before Xmas. But unfortunately I've still had no response. Went to SC Dec 5th. I have heard from a lot of schools that students can be invited to an interview up to days before due to cancellations and the last days are mostly during the first week of March. I doubt Wayne is vastly different.

Is it worth sending update letters if you get waitlisted after an II?

So is the general trend so far SC—> interview invite?

Where are you guys finding SS or SC? There is nothing of those initials that shows up on my portal.

Where are you guys finding SS or SC? There is nothing of those initials that shows up on my portal.
Towards the bottom on the checklist portal! It should say “admissions decision” on the left and on the right it should either say MR, SC, SS or MV. Those are the varieties I’ve seen so far on SDN.

Towards the bottom on the checklist portal! It should say “admissions decision” on the left and on the right it should either say MR, SC, SS or MV. Those are the varieties I’ve seen so far on SDN.
Thank you so much! What do those mean exactly? Mine says SS.

Thank you so much! What do those mean exactly? Mine says SS.
No one really knows! Everyone has been just guessing. It may be categories or for all we know it may be the initials of the people reviewing our apps.... Reading all the posts above it seems like most people at SC got an interview. However, some people were stuck at MR and SS and got an interview as well...

When filling out the FAFSA form, does Wayne State require parent information? If not, what are the pros/cons of including it or not?

When filling out the FAFSA form, does Wayne State require parent information? If not, what are the pros/cons of including it or not?
You don't have to include your parents information. There is literally no reason for doing this as you are already an adult. They judge whether or not you'll qualify for need based scholarships based on your FAFSA history in undergrad.

Attachments

• 1FD23422-ABCE-44FD-8484-F8C75120649C.jpeg
    1FD23422-ABCE-44FD-8484-F8C75120649C.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 81
For those who got an interview invite, could you let us know which status you were at before you got the II? (MR, SS, SC...)

For those who got an interview invite, could you let us know which status you were at before you got the II? (MR, SS, SC...)
This was the order for me with what I guess each of these could mean:

SS= Satisfactory Screen
SC= Screen Complete
MR= Med School Review
MV= Med School Visit
MA= Med School Admit

This was the order for me with what I guess each of these could mean:

SS= Satisfactory Screen
SC= Screen Complete
MR= Med School Review
MV= Med School Visit
MA= Med School Admit
I think everyone gets MR first once secondary is submitted and before it begins to change for some people