2018-2019 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got a II today! Confirmed 7/10!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
@ Everyone with an II, CONGRATS! And were any of you on the pre-II waitlist first? Thanks!

@ Everyone with an II, CONGRATS! And were any of you on the pre-II waitlist first? Thanks!

No I was not on the pre-II. Also if it helps anyone my MCAT was only a 506. So not super high and I am OOS. Very excited today!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No I was not on the pre-II. Also if it helps anyone my MCAT was only a 506. So not super high and I am OOS. Very excited today!
You have a solid GPA, and I'm guessing some good ECs, so you deserve that II. Good work!

Reactions: 1 user
this is VERY encouraging!!!!
Do you have anything super-super extraordinary on your app? (like, you flew to the moon, or cured cancer?:)) )

II today, cGPA 3.5, sGPA 3.3, MCAT 516, oos, no ties. LM score 67. Also, just took CASPer yesterday.

Reactions: 2 users
II today, cGPA 3.5, sGPA 3.3, MCAT 516, oos, no ties. LM score 67. Also, just took CASPer yesterday.
Congrats to all! Submitted secondary a few days ago so guess it'll several weeks of waiting...

this is VERY encouraging!!!!
Do you have anything super-super extraordinary on your app? (like, you flew to the moon, or cured cancer?:)) )
haha honestly I just tried to be as real as possible in my app. I will say my GPA is a 3.96 but my ECs are normal. No published papers or anything. I just have a lot of different types of leadership experience

haha honestly I just tried to be as real as possible in my app. I will say my GPA is a 3.96 but my ECs are normal. No published papers or anything. I just have a lot of different types of leadership experience

well that's awesome! I hope they see my military background as positive (fingers crossed). I really wanna go here

so how do you guys check the status of the application? so, I went to the portal, and it just says "View form HTML", "View Details", - but that just says "Payment accepted, form submitted successfully".. and then there is "view checklist" form. that's it. SO, IS there a way to see the status?

so how do you guys check the status of the application? so, I went to the portal, and it just says "View form HTML", "View Details", - but that just says "Payment accepted, form submitted successfully".. and then there is "view checklist" form. that's it. SO, IS there a way to see the status?
There is no status to check, what you are seeing is normal! You'll receive an email from WVU every time there is an update worth knowing about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jeez... so, do they update when you are on hold?
If by hold you mean on the pre-interview waitlist, then yes. I believe a number of people earlier on this thread received emails saying that they were waitlisted for II consideration.

If by hold you mean on the pre-interview waitlist, then yes. I believe a number of people earlier on this thread received emails saying that they were waitlisted for II consideration.
ok.... great... thanks.... of course, I'd rather get an II (no kidding :)), but it is nice to know that at least they do not let you hang there, you know?

ok.... great... thanks.... of course, I'd rather get an II (no kidding :)), but it is nice to know that at least they do not let you hang there, you know?
I think WVU is pretty responsive and they usually let you know in 2-3 weeks. Hopefully, good news for you.

How do people go about preparing for this?!? Do they use MMI format?

How do people go about preparing for this?!? Do they use MMI format?

I believe it is two twenty-minute one-on-one interviews. I agree it would be nice to hear from some current students about interviews!!

Last edited:
Got rejected as well. OOS with stats above their 75th percentile but no ties to the state:(

I also just got a rejection and the first one of the cycle. I submitted early July and was confirmed on 07/06. OOS with no ties. It does suck because the Morgantown campus is reasonably close to my house (Pa resident). I would most likely be freaking out and worrying about my primary application if it wasn't for my T20 interview invite. Good Luck everyone else!

II this morning! Submitted 7/9, confirmed 7/10, LizzyM ~75, OOS with pretty good state and school ties

II this morning! MCAT 515, GPA 3.65, complete 7/6, OOS no ties. Earliest interviews were in October!

II just now! 507-509 MCAT, GPA 3.7, complete 7/6. OOS with some ties. Average EC's but a ton of research.

Does anyone know if this is an open or closed interview?

received II this week!! OOS with no ties, very excited :)

I don't think it has anything to do with which you pick for M3/M4 I think its more a capacity thing, at least thats what I got from the email. The dates are more restricted for regional ones too.

I got the same feel. It looks like interviews at Morgantown start in November

anyone submitted 7/24 or after and heard back for a decision yet?

Is there anyone who was complete before 7/6 and still not received a decision yet?