2018-2019 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an II, OOS (KY resident with ties to WV). Submitted 7/2, Confirmed 7/5.

Scheduled interview for October 3rd at Charleston Campus!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II, OOS (KY resident with ties to WV). Submitted 7/2, Confirmed 7/5.

Awesome! Were you waitlisted for an II and pulled off, or straight from secondary to II? And if you don't mind, stats?

I was straight from secondary to II, no waitlist

3.89 cGPA
3.82 BCPM (with one pre-req remaining)
512 MCAT

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If there’s any current WVU students or even reapplicants who’ve interviewed perusing the thread, could you give us any advice/tips for the interview?

What was your stats?

I don’t usually talk about my stats, but I’m out of state and have like 0 ties to West Virginia. I figured I’d either get an outright rejection or a loooong silence so this is a little better I guess! It’s still early in the cycle so I’m still hopeful

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t usually talk about my stats, but I’m out of state and have like 0 ties to West Virginia. I figured I’d either get an outright rejection or a loooong silence so this is a little better I guess! It’s still early in the cycle so I’m still hopeful
Im hoping they let us know if we receive an II before 3/15/19.

Reactions: 1 users
For people who just received news--when did you submit? Hoping to find out something this week

Congratulations! I am OOS and confirmed the same day as you (7/5). Hoping to hear something soon!

Preinterview waitlist. OOS.

Do you guys think it is a good thing considering my 3.98 GPA and 506 MCAT? I hope I did well on Casper and that's why they didn't reject me?? What do you guys think? I applied to 7 schools who require Casper, so that score is literally my application for those schools. I hope I did well.

I’m wondering if they will still waitlist 99% of OOS post-interviews as they have in the past considering now they seem to be waitlisting mostly OOS pre-interview.

Considering my stats are just slightly above average, I’d say my parent/grandparent ties to WV helped a lot regarding an interview.

Hopefully they changed the process a little so that an interview means you’ll get a real decision sooner instead of an immediate waitlist just because you’re OOS.

Last year they didn't really send pre-II waitlists...I wonder what made them change their mind.

waitlisted for II, LizzyM 68. My letters haven't been uploaded yet so that's weird

Last night I got an email from WVU saying they placed me on their Waitlist for Interview.

What are the chances I get off? Im sure if WVU actually rejects people this early or just throws the majority of applications into the waitlist for interview pile.

Last night I got an email from WVU saying they placed me on their Waitlist for Interview.

What are the chances I get off? Im sure if WVU actually rejects people this early or just throws the majority of applications into the waitlist for interview pile.
I got the same email, but I haven't taken my CASPer yet (taking today). Wonder if that plays a factor?

July 10th, never got app complete email tho since letters are still not uploaded (6 weeks after my committee interview :( )
Thank you for letting me know. I received the confirmation on the 10th as well...

Radio silence on my end and I submitted my secondary forever ago...

Radio silence on my end and I submitted my secondary forever ago...
I got confirmation on July 6th and have yet to hear anything back either.

Also, for those worried about if LoR incompletion is going to affect anything, it is not. I called a few weeks ago and asked if the status of LoR would affect candidacy for receiving an interview, and the woman on the phone told me that candidacy for interview invitations would be unaffected by LoR submission, but that they needed to be submitted prior to the date of the actual interview.

At WVU, it’s not uncommon for OOS applicants to get waitlisted either pre- or post-interview. There tends to be good movement for pre-interview waitlist to get an interview and post-interview waitlist movement is dependent on year.
Good to know. Thank you!

okay so we are basically the 2018 equivalent of those ppl?

That will be interesting to see.

It does seem they've changed their process this year - I don't recall any pre-II waitlist, most people reported a quick II or R.

That will be interesting to see.

It does seem they've changed their process this year - I don't recall any pre-II waitlist, most people reported a quick II or R.

I think they are trying to gauge how many IS ppl are applying first, then focus on giving II to OOS waitlist people. Someone mentioned earlier that WVU is huge on update letters that mention interest in the school so that could be a way to get off the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
II this morning, OOS

Reactions: 5 users
II today!!! 503-506, 3.5-3.7, OOS no ties, complete 7/5

Reactions: 4 users
II today!!! 503-506, 3.5-3.7, OOS no ties, complete 7/5
Wow, congratulations!! We are very similar applicants and had our apps complete on the same day! Fingers crossed I hear something soon!

Ok , so from what I see , if takes them 2-3 weeks to either schedule you , or waitlist you ? Right ?
Thats what it seems like. I submitted the secondary on 7/6 and received the confirmation on 7/10. I haven't heard anything back though..