2018-2019 West Virginia University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received an II, OOS (KY resident with ties to WV). Submitted 7/2, Confirmed 7/5.

Scheduled interview for October 3rd at Charleston Campus!
Awesome! Were you waitlisted for an II and pulled off, or straight from secondary to II? And if you don't mind, stats?
 
I was straight from secondary to II, no waitlist

3.89 cGPA
3.82 BCPM (with one pre-req remaining)
512 MCAT
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: M&L
If there’s any current WVU students or even reapplicants who’ve interviewed perusing the thread, could you give us any advice/tips for the interview?
 
  • Like
Reactions: M&L
What was your stats?

I don’t usually talk about my stats, but I’m out of state and have like 0 ties to West Virginia. I figured I’d either get an outright rejection or a loooong silence so this is a little better I guess! It’s still early in the cycle so I’m still hopeful
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Preinterview waitlist. OOS.

Do you guys think it is a good thing considering my 3.98 GPA and 506 MCAT? I hope I did well on Casper and that's why they didn't reject me?? What do you guys think? I applied to 7 schools who require Casper, so that score is literally my application for those schools. I hope I did well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: M&L
I’m wondering if they will still waitlist 99% of OOS post-interviews as they have in the past considering now they seem to be waitlisting mostly OOS pre-interview.

Considering my stats are just slightly above average, I’d say my parent/grandparent ties to WV helped a lot regarding an interview.

Hopefully they changed the process a little so that an interview means you’ll get a real decision sooner instead of an immediate waitlist just because you’re OOS.
 
Last night I got an email from WVU saying they placed me on their Waitlist for Interview.

What are the chances I get off? Im sure if WVU actually rejects people this early or just throws the majority of applications into the waitlist for interview pile.
 
Last night I got an email from WVU saying they placed me on their Waitlist for Interview.

What are the chances I get off? Im sure if WVU actually rejects people this early or just throws the majority of applications into the waitlist for interview pile.
I got the same email, but I haven't taken my CASPer yet (taking today). Wonder if that plays a factor?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Radio silence on my end and I submitted my secondary forever ago...
I got confirmation on July 6th and have yet to hear anything back either.

Also, for those worried about if LoR incompletion is going to affect anything, it is not. I called a few weeks ago and asked if the status of LoR would affect candidacy for receiving an interview, and the woman on the phone told me that candidacy for interview invitations would be unaffected by LoR submission, but that they needed to be submitted prior to the date of the actual interview.
 
That will be interesting to see.

It does seem they've changed their process this year - I don't recall any pre-II waitlist, most people reported a quick II or R.

I think they are trying to gauge how many IS ppl are applying first, then focus on giving II to OOS waitlist people. Someone mentioned earlier that WVU is huge on update letters that mention interest in the school so that could be a way to get off the waitlist.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad