2019-2020 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got secondary but not working for me either

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
second attempt with the new email and its still not working for me. anyone else?
Not working for me. Did you call the school? I’ll sit tight as I am sure they have already been alerted to the issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the secondary but I was a reapplicant from last year. When I try to access the secondary, it takes me to my completed application from last year. Anyone else having this problem?
I emailed them about the same problem. They resent another link with a blank form for this year's secondary.

Great!! Did you call/email to request a new email? Do you know if they are sending a new email to everyone?
No, I never called. They just sent a new one, so I’m guessing they’re working on sending them to everyone

They just sent me a new email with another link but it still sends me back to the same page with the error failure to authenticate?

EDIT: nevermind, switched to my personal computer instead of my work computer and the link works now!

The link works, you just have to go onto incognito mode on google chrome and login manually.

Reactions: 1 users
They have not sent me a new link yet... Can someone with access post the secondary questions please?

Secondary Questions

Have you ever been exposed to long periods of significant stress in your life (months at a time)? Even if you haven’t if you were to encounter such a challenge, how would, or did you, cope with it.
0/1500 characters

If you were enrolled in fewer than 12 units/credits for more than 1 semester/2 quarters during your undergraduate education, please provide a brief explanation below.
0/1500

Sometimes it is necessary to work in unsettled or rapidly changing circumstances. When have you found yourself in this position? Tell us exactly what you did.
0/1500

If you were working on a small group project and you thought that another student wasn’t meeting his/her responsibility, how would you feel about this situation and how would you handle it?
0/1500

If given the opportunity to attend medical school where would you see yourself in ten years?
0/1500

Diversity comes in many forms. How do you think you might contribute to the diversity of the class?
0/1500

Reactions: 3 users
Tried opening the link in incognito mode and it worked!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had any luck getting into the application yet?

Finally got it to work. Here are the essays (1500 characters)
  • If you were enrolled in fewer than 12 units/credits for more than 1 semester/2 quarters during your undergraduate education, please provide a brief explanation below.
  • Have you ever been exposed to long periods of significant stress in your life (months at a time)? Even if you haven’t if you were to encounter such a challenge, how would, or did you, cope with it.
  • Sometimes it is necessary to work in unsettled or rapidly changing circumstances. When have you found yourself in this position? Tell us exactly what you did
  • If you were working on a small group project and you thought that another student wasn’t meeting his/her responsibility, how would you feel about this situation and how would you handle it?
  • If given the opportunity to attend medical school where would you see yourself in ten years?
  • Diversity comes in many forms. How do you think you might contribute to the diversity of the class?

For those who are still having problems opening the link, try a different browser or incognito mode, it should work!
Good luck everyone!

Looks like same secondary questions as last year. If you guys have any questions on anything related to the school, I’ll do my best to answer them

Looks like same secondary questions as last year. If you guys have any questions on anything related to the school, I’ll do my best to answer them
Hey there! Do you have any info on the Arts in Medicine program? Is it a class/concentration? Thanks!!

Hey there! Do you have any info on the Arts in Medicine program? Is it a class/concentration? Thanks!!

I’m not personally involved in that program so I don’t know all the details of it, so I’ll try to answer it to the best of my ability. To my knowledge, it’s not an official class or concentration like a masters in public health would be. It’s more so an optional program outside of class where people explore the relationship between arts and medicine. With that said, since we’re a new school, programs are evolving as they listen to feedback from the students, so it may become more official and structured in the future. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help

To save everyone the trouble since I had an issue with this on a previous secondary, it's 1500 characters including spaces. If you type in the text box, it will appear like it is not including spaces in the count, but spaces count so plan accordingly.

Reactions: 2 users
did anyone get an email after payment and secondary submission?

Received the secondary earlier today! Right after getting the email acknowledging my app

What are we supposed to use for our username an password? I clicked "set up an account" but haven't received an email

Supposedly, they do. Allegedly, they only send secondaries to "selected" candidates. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

This is true. They screen with GPA (3.0) and MCAT (~504+; with a hard cutoff of 502, I believe) initially and then I've been told by admissions faculty that they also do some additional screening of which I'm not knowledgeable of the details.

Can someone please post the prompts? I can't log in due to technical difficulties and would love to get the essays out of the way

Can someone please post the prompts? I can't log in due to technical difficulties and would love to get the essays out of the way
Finally got it to work. Here are the essays (1500 characters)
  • If you were enrolled in fewer than 12 units/credits for more than 1 semester/2 quarters during your undergraduate education, please provide a brief explanation below.
  • Have you ever been exposed to long periods of significant stress in your life (months at a time)? Even if you haven’t if you were to encounter such a challenge, how would, or did you, cope with it.
  • Sometimes it is necessary to work in unsettled or rapidly changing circumstances. When have you found yourself in this position? Tell us exactly what you did
  • If you were working on a small group project and you thought that another student wasn’t meeting his/her responsibility, how would you feel about this situation and how would you handle it?
  • If given the opportunity to attend medical school where would you see yourself in ten years?
  • Diversity comes in many forms. How do you think you might contribute to the diversity of the class?

So if we got the "received application" email today, but no secondary email, should we assume we have been screened out?

is anyone else getting this error?
1566360792635.png

Try incognito or another browser. That's the same error I got too (fixed with incognito)
So I did that, and I got to the log in page- I clicked on "first time user" and typed in my gmail account- however, I haven't received any emails back regarding making an account/password. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

So I did that, and I got to the log in page- I clicked on "first time user" and typed in my gmail account- however, I haven't received any emails back regarding making an account/password. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

your username/account and password should be the same as the ones you have used for aamc/amcas

Thanks!
I tried that too and no email. Then I realized to just use my AMCAS login, and it worked.

Completed. Hopefully the turn-around is fast !

Ok this is weird. Now I'm not able to log into the secondary app, even after using incognito (which worked before). Now it's saying my login credentials are incorrect (even though they are)...

Anyone else?

Edit: it works now again

Last edited by a moderator:
Did those who submitted get a complete email? I have not yet