2019-2020 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
chillll it just takes time for them to process all the applicants. they did face errors with their secondary links. relax and wait.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted today and did NOT receive ANY confirmation email (payment or submission). It says on the portal that everything went through, so I wouldn't worry about this TBH.

+1 submitted 30 minutes ago

Hey current MS1 here.
Just a quick note regarding approximate stats for the class of 2023 since it's been a while since I heard the stats during the open house at orientation.
Average gpa was around 3.64 with an approximate range of 3.2-4.0
Average MCAT was around 513.6 with an approximate range of 502 to the high 520's.

Good luck to everyone applying.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey current MS1 here.
Just a quick note regarding approximate stats for the class of 2023 since it's been a while since I heard the stats during the open house at orientation.
Average gpa was around 3.64 with an approximate range of 3.2-4.0
Average MCAT was around 513.6 with an approximate range of 502 to the high 520's.

Good luck to everyone applying.

lol wow so the school is already on par with UCR's acceptance stats

Reactions: 3 users
Did you have any luck? It's still not working for me.

Are you getting this error message:
We're sorry, the application activity you are trying to access is no longer available. This is due to a change you made to your AMCAS designation.
I got this error too. Did they get back to you about it?

I got this error too. Did they get back to you about it?
The link in the first email worked for me later. Maybe clear out your cache/cookies first and try it in incognito mode if it’s still not working.

The link in the first email worked for me later. Maybe clear out your cache/cookies first and try it in incognito mode if it’s still not working.
That's the error i get from the first link even after clearing history, cookies etc.

I think i ****ed up haha I should have contacted them about it earlier. When I first opened the secondary I think I saw that there was a 3 week deadline? Correct me if I'm wrong so I put it off until later. Strangely though I noticed the "due date" was about 8/23 or something even tho I had only received the application 8/20. I just assumed it was another one of their technical errors/issues and ignored it. I think they might have actually deactivated my secondary on 8/23 though ._. I should have talked to them about it earlier sigh

That's the error i get from the first link even after clearing history, cookies etc.

I think i ****ed up haha I should have contacted them about it earlier. When I first opened the secondary I think I saw that there was a 3 week deadline? Correct me if I'm wrong so I put it off until later. Strangely though I noticed the "due date" was about 8/23 or something even tho I had only received the application 8/20. I just assumed it was another one of their technical errors/issues and ignored it. I think they might have actually deactivated my secondary on 8/23 though ._. I should have talked to them about it earlier sigh
Just call them.

Secondary received 8/20 and submitted just now. Hopefully, the deadline was 8/23 because I can't afford another donation. Let's git it team!

Yeah I did, they were busy tho so I left a message /: hopefully I get this fixed soon

First link they sent on 8/20 worked for me.

In the third email they sent, they suggested looking at the URL of the secondary application portal and if there's aamcloginfailure, they recommended removing the word failure at the end. Hopefully, this works for you!

First link they sent on 8/20 worked for me.

In the third email they sent, they suggested looking at the URL of the secondary application portal and if there's aamcloginfailure, they recommended removing the word failure at the end. Hopefully, this works for you!
Same - I submitted on 8/28 using the first link...but @sfdoctor96 said it didn't work for them.

Secondary received 8/20 and submitted just now. Hopefully, the deadline was 8/23 because I can't afford another donation. Let's git it team!
I just managed to log in and the deadline is now 11/02 for me which is even longer than three weeks haha. You're definitely fine.

Also FYI anyone having issues use mozilla firefox! I called them and they walked me through logging in on mozilla and there was no issue. They said it seems to be a browser issue for some reason. While I had been trying on google chrome I wasn't able to use any of the links they had sent in the emails and removing "failure" from the links also hadn't worked. Hope this helps someone else with a similar issue :)

Members don't see this ad :)
interviews likely tomorrow? last year it seems turnaround was ~2 weeks for the first wave

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone not received a secondary from them yet?

Can anybody provide me insight into the how this school weighs research and service? Like do they prefer strong community service or the other with strong research activities?

Thank you so much!

Received secondary just now.

Can anybody provide me insight into the how this school weighs research and service? Like do they prefer strong community service or the other with strong research activities?

Thank you so much!

Not sure if it’s depedent on the interviewer or what, but mine asked me a lot about my research experiences and seemed pretty into it. At the same time I don’t have much service experience besides my hospital volunteering.

As a whole I know our school puts emphasis on both. Really they just want to train physicians who will stay in the Inland Empire, but I remember during orientation they kept talking about service and giving back.

There are a fair amount of research opportunities and even some grants I believe. Also a good amount of the current M2s did research this past summer.

Secondary submitted...

This is true. They screen with GPA (3.0) and MCAT (~504+; with a hard cutoff of 502, I believe) initially and then I've been told by admissions faculty that they also do some additional screening of which I'm not knowledgeable of the details.

Just letting y'all know that the GPA screen is probably only for cumulative since my science GPA (very slightly below 3.0) was not screened out :)

Reactions: 2 users

M1s and M2s just finished up their exams for the first block so they were probably preoccupied with that. Idk how early they went out last year, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some start going out soon

M1s and M2s just finished up their exams for the first block so they were probably preoccupied with that. Idk how early they went out last year, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some start going out soon

Does this mean that you get to read our apps, kiwi?

Oh I am so excited

II today 09/19/19!

Interview dates open from October to early December.

II today 09/19/19!

Interview dates open from October to early December.

Congrats friend! I'm curious, what days of the week are they on? Ya boi trynna snag some free food

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
is anyone else able to log into their portal? i keep receiving an error message.

II just now, IS!

I never got a complete/submitted e-mail so I don't remember when I was complete lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
II! IS stong ties to IE. Complete 8/22

Reactions: 7 users