2019-2020 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone else sitting in silence since early July?
Early August, but I doubt they're going chronologically based on what we've been seeing here

and the fact that I know I'm going to be rejected from here eventually so

Members don't see this ad.

Got an II today! Completed on 7/28.

Happy to be going back home to CLE :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II earlier today, complete early september

Reactions: 4 users
What is the "Group Activity" that they have listed on their Agenda? Thank you!

Anyone at Case 11/6, CCLCM 11/7 wanna get dinner either 11/5 or 11/6?

I cannot find which thread I talked to someone with batman in their username about dinner in Cleveland.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre-interview a little over a week ago. Complete early August.

II today! Complete 8/1. I don't see any available interview dates. Should I just keep checking back on the calendar?

Reactions: 1 user
I recommend calling admissions. That's what I did and the lady was very nice and opened up a seat for me on the spot. This was in early october though

I recommend calling admissions. That's what I did and the lady was very nice and opened up a seat for me on the spot. This was in early october though
+1 on this recommendation

withdrew my ii from CCLCM and Case Western last week - wishing one of y'all get the opportunity!

Hi all! I have an interview coming up here. Are there any current students who I could PM some questions? Thanks!!

_wallflower_ and labraet11 were you guys able to schedule yet? The calendar on the portal shows no available dates and I haven't gotten an email response yet...

Does anyone know if there is any information on the statistics (like GPA/MCAT) of the incoming classes from previous years? I know it's impossible to compare yourself to others and that numbers aren't everything when it comes to being accepted into medical school. I guess I'm just asking because I feel a little insecure and want to believe that there is hope for me getting into this program because it is by far my first choice (interviewed early Nov.)! Thank you :)

Does anyone know if there is any information on the statistics (like GPA/MCAT) of the incoming classes from previous years? I know it's impossible to compare yourself to others and that numbers aren't everything when it comes to being accepted into medical school. I guess I'm just asking because I feel a little insecure and want to believe that there is hope for me getting into this program because it is by far my first choice (interviewed early Nov.)! Thank you :)

There should be one in the July report just. I am scared here as well but we shall see!! Best of luck.

Current student here. GPA and MCAT are important for screening, but the fact that you already had an interview means that your GPA/MCAT are less important at this point in the process (barring anything like failed classes or a downtrending GPA that maybe wasn't explained well in the interview). That said, if you have any new updates to your application (new manuscript submission, award, etc.), it's always worth sending that over and re-iterating your interest in the school. Hope this helps, and best of luck!

Current student here. GPA and MCAT are important for screening, but the fact that you already had an interview means that your GPA/MCAT are less important at this point in the process (barring anything like failed classes or a downtrending GPA that maybe wasn't explained well in the interview). That said, if you have any new updates to your application (new manuscript submission, award, etc.), it's always worth sending that over and re-iterating your interest in the school. Hope this helps, and best of luck!

Thank you so much for your response! Your insight is much appreciated :) I do have one follow-up question--I have a few updates to share and also wanted to communicate to the admissions committee that I believe that CCLCM is a perfect fit for me and is my first choice for medical school in a letter of intent. I've received mixed advice, and I wanted to ask: is it appropriate timing to send in a letter of intent now, or is that something that I should wait on? Also, since the CCLCM and Case's portals are linked, should I send my letter of intent directly to CCLCM admissions instead of uploading to the portal? There might not be a direct answer to these questions, but any insight you have would be helpful. Thank you so much again!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what day the committee meets this month?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Does anyone know what day the committee meets this month?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Would also love to know this. In previous threads it seems that they release decisions around the third friday of december!

Also, since the CCLCM and Case's portals are linked, should I send my letter of intent directly to CCLCM admissions instead of uploading to the portal?
I would also like to know

I would also like to know
What I recall from my interview day is that we were told that if we sent in our thank you notes to our interviewers, the interviewers would forward them to CCLCM and CCLCM would upload them to the portal. For that reason, I feel like whatever you email will be uploaded, but I could be wrong since a letter of intent is different from a thank you note.

II today! Was complete on 10/29. Available dates were 1/20, 1/23, and 1/27

Thank you so much for your response! Your insight is much appreciated :) I do have one follow-up question--I have a few updates to share and also wanted to communicate to the admissions committee that I believe that CCLCM is a perfect fit for me and is my first choice for medical school in a letter of intent. I've received mixed advice, and I wanted to ask: is it appropriate timing to send in a letter of intent now, or is that something that I should wait on? Also, since the CCLCM and Case's portals are linked, should I send my letter of intent directly to CCLCM admissions instead of uploading to the portal? There might not be a direct answer to these questions, but any insight you have would be helpful. Thank you so much again!
I would consider sending the letter of intent sooner than later, so that the ranking committee will be able to consider that when they meet. (Being a busy third year student, I'm not sure if they have met to set the first list of students yet). I would send the letter directly to CCLCM admissions, unless they gave you specific instructions otherwise at the interview day. Hope this helps!

I called admissions and was told to upload it through the portal!

Thank you for finding this out!! Did you ask specifically about a letter of intent or just about an update letter?
Oh, I forgot to add that I emailed my student interviewer last week about this, and she told me to submit my letter directly to the admissions committee email and to Dr. Warren. I know this is conflicting with what the admissions office told you @Buckeye2... I'm assuming this means that they are open to receiving letters/updates in multiple ways.

Oh, I forgot to add that I emailed my student interviewer last week about this, and she told me to submit my letter directly to the admissions committee email and to Dr. Warren. I know this is conflicting with what the admissions office told you @Buckeye2... I'm assuming this means that they are open to receiving letters/updates in multiple ways.

I called as well and they said to submit it to the portal! This is also what they encouraged us to do on the interview day.

I also slipped in the big question, and they said they're hoping to release round 1 of acceptances before winter break. For any current students here, does winter break start next week?

Reactions: 2 users
I also slipped in the big question, and they said they're hoping to release round 1 of acceptances before winter break. For any current students here, does winter break start next week?
The academic calendar for CCLCM says the winter break is 12/23-1/3. Based on past years, they release decisions sometime in the 3rd week of December. Best of luck!!

The academic calendar for CCLCM says the winter break is 12/23-1/3. Based on past years, they release decisions sometime in the 3rd week of December. Best of luck!!

So we can expect to hear back sometime next week! Best of luck to you too! <3

Reactions: 2 users
From what I remember on the interview day they said they would release results on the 15th of December?

• Wow