You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Creighton
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1Just got a confirmation email saying my app was complete on 7/16. Submitted 7/12
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It just has to be complete before June 2020 if accepted.Just realized I never took upper div Physiology after I finished the secondaries...What should I do? Contact Admissions? this is the only school that has this requirement right
I'm confused on how to enter future enrollments. It says:
"Please list the courses you have completed and/or plan to complete to fulfill Creighton’s prerequisite courses by utilizing the following instructions"
But it also says:
Please leave the course entry blank for requirements you have not completed
I'm planning on taking the physiology requirement in the spring. How should I list it?
"Please list the courses you have completed and/or plan to complete to fulfill Creighton’s prerequisite courses by utilizing the following instructions"
But it also says:
Please leave the course entry blank for requirements you have not completed
I'm planning on taking the physiology requirement in the spring. How should I list it?
I'm confused on how to enter future enrollments. It says:
"Please list the courses you have completed and/or plan to complete to fulfill Creighton’s prerequisite courses by utilizing the following instructions"
But it also says:
Please leave the course entry blank for requirements you have not completed
I'm planning on taking the physiology requirement in the spring. How should I list it?
Call admissions. I applied to Creighton this past cycle and their admissions office is one of the few that actually answer questions immediately. The director of admissions is super approachable and will answer questions directly if he's in the office.
Last edited:
I'm confused on how to enter future enrollments. It says:
"Please list the courses you have completed and/or plan to complete to fulfill Creighton’s prerequisite courses by utilizing the following instructions"
But it also says:
Please leave the course entry blank for requirements you have not completed
I'm planning on taking the physiology requirement in the spring. How should I list it?
I ended up just listing it because it was only one course. I don’t think they’ll ding you when it said both options in the directions
Is anyone getting this error when trying to upload materials?
I am using Safari and have completed all the other sections of the application, have tried logging in and out
View attachment 272730
I feel like using firefox/ google chrome is just good advice for life, let alone applications 😉
Creighton said their portal is only compatible with Safari and Internet Explorer :/I feel like using firefox/ google chrome is just good advice for life, let alone applications 😉
D
deleted804295
Seeing as how Creighton sent some IIs as late as February of last year and this is the only school I'm applying to that won't accept my AP stats credit, and registration for Community College classes ends in January is it worth sending in a secondary?
Seeing as how Creighton sent some IIs as late as February of last year and this is the only school I'm applying to that won't accept my AP stats credit, and registration for Community College classes ends in January is it worth sending in a secondary?
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”
-Michael Scott
YES! I plan on calling tomorrow morning. I will update you.Is anyone getting this error when trying to upload materials?
I am using Safari and have completed all the other sections of the application, have tried logging in and out
View attachment 272730
I’m pretty sure instructions explicitly said to use Firefox so that could be the problemIs anyone getting this error when trying to upload materials?
I am using Safari and have completed all the other sections of the application, have tried logging in and out
View attachment 272730
The instructions said to use safari or internet explorer if I remember correctly. I know for a fact it said to not use chrome because that Is my normal browser and it felt weird using safari. I imagine Firefox was not allowed either.I’m pretty sure instructions explicitly said to use Firefox so that could be the problem
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Weird. Are you sure it didn’t say Firefox? Lol I remember going out of the way to download it just for this app. Maybe I read it wrong 😕The instructions said to use safari or internet explorer if I remember correctly. I know for a fact it said to not use chrome because that Is my normal browser and it felt weird using safari. I imagine Firefox was not allowed either.
Maybe Firefox was allowed!! I just know safari and internet explored were recommended as well!Weird. Are you sure it didn’t say Firefox? Lol I remember going out of the way to download it just for this app. Maybe I read it wrong 😕
I was told to email the picture to the admissions email and they will upload it on their end. They had not heard of this error.Is anyone getting this error when trying to upload materials?
I am using Safari and have completed all the other sections of the application, have tried logging in and out
View attachment 272730
Guys the first interview invite last year was August 10th... that's only like 3 weeks away!!!! Can you tell I really want to go to Creighton?
D
deleted804295
lol:
Bro, I don't think its that serious. He just found the wording of the rejection letter to be funny in that "they found it ABSOLUTELY necessary to decline" the OP's application. Obviously, its not the worst. I can name a couple schools that top that one. You don't have to get so triggered.It isn't the worst one I've read. How would YOU write a rejection letter? @Sunbodi
Bro, I don't think its that serious. He just found the wording of the rejection letter to be funny in that "they found it ABSOLUTELY necessary to decline" the OP's application. Obviously, its not the worst. I can name a couple schools that top that one. You don't have to get so triggered.
I'm not upset. I just feel bad for those admissions committees that have to pick 160/6250+ applicants and have to let the other 6000+ know that they were not selected. That would be a hard set of emails to send out. I'm genuinely curious to how pre-meds expect them to do this in a kind way. It is a bummer to get rejected. What would you put in a rejection letter?
Oh yeah, I definitely feel bad for those adcom members for having to send a pre-written email out to 6000 people who they probably only met once and will likely forget after a few days or even using a random secretary, who has likely never seen your application or even met you, to do it instead. Let me go ahead and find a violin so I can play a sad song for all those poor adcom members that gotta go through such turmoil.I'm not upset. I just feel bad for those admissions committees that have to pick 160/6250+ applicants and have to let the other 6000+ know that they were not selected. That would be a hard set of emails to send out. I'm genuinely curious to how pre-meds expect them to do this in a kind way. It is a bummer to get rejected. What would you put in a rejection letter?
Listen man, I don't doubt that some adcom members probably aren't a fan of sending rejection letters to people. Its probably not the fun part of the job. The main point is that the post above is a joke lol. I highly doubt that adcom members lose that much sleep over denying potential med students. At the end of the day, they're doing their job. You don't have to get all serious over how much torment adcom members likely go through in sending a pre-written email. Everyone acknowledges that they're just doing their job in selecting students who best fit their mission and who they think will succeed in their respective curriculum. Getting denied sucks and denying someone sucks too, I guess. At the end of the day, the world keeps spinning. The only funny part is how they worded the email. And since you asked, I'd probably start by getting rid of the word "necessary".
Run Long And Perspire
Full Member
Non-trad OOS. Secondary submitted 7/18 and patiently waiting. I would like to schedule this interview in the same week of my other one in Omaha. Good luck, y’all!
II just now, complete like 7/20
EDIT: and they follow up with a student host welcome email. Creighton is ON IT <3
EDIT: and they follow up with a student host welcome email. Creighton is ON IT <3
II just now, complete like 7/20
EDIT: and they follow up with a student host welcome email. Creighton is ON IT <3
+1
sputnic4848
New Member
II a few minutes ago as well. Where do I go to schedule the darn thing? I click on the portal and don't see where the interview options are.
EDIT: nvm, figured it out! Also, for anyone curious 514, 3.93, this was my undergrad
EDIT: nvm, figured it out! Also, for anyone curious 514, 3.93, this was my undergrad
Last edited:
II, OOS, major legacy. One of my top choices!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lovely Penguin
Full Member
First interview invite as well! Went to a Jesuit University and good mission fit.
So on MSAR, it looks like ~25% of those interviewed matriculate. Does anyone know how many they accept?
II as well! OOS, complete 7/24, LM 72, good mission fit
D
deleted950958
II! OOS, complete 7/23! No ties but good fit for the school
Congratulations. Did you submit Committee letter or individual letters of recommendation.First interview invite yay!!! couldn't be more excited to interview here
Obligatory info: complete 07/27, LM 69-70, OOS, no ties at all, good mission fit
First II!! I am nervous lol OOS, complete 7/11
Holy cow, they are rolling them out right now! Hopefully, I will see some of you there!
Congratulations. Did you submit Committee letter or individual letters of recommendation.
I had a committee letter!
helpwithschoollist
New Member
Does anyone know the best airport to fly in from and recommendations on hotels?
Lovely Penguin
Full Member
Does anyone know the best airport to fly in from and recommendations on hotels?
The best airport should be OMA I think.
ILikePlants
& Puns
II, OOS, Complete 7/8
Good Luck Everyone!
Good Luck Everyone!
D
deleted969405
did you guys do your standard diversity essay for the second prompt, or did you kinda have to write a new, service based one for this essay? My diversity essay is about culture, would that still work?
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted969405
You know, the more I read the mission of creighton for the 2nd question, the more I am getting confused. They clearly do not know how to use commas. Can anyone please explain Creighton's mission based on the second question on hte secondary
did you guys do your standard diversity essay for the second prompt, or did you kinda have to write a new, service based one for this essay? My diversity essay is about culture, would that still work?
FWIW, I did standard diversity and got II. It's pretty much a generic diversity question asking what you can contribute lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have similar info, I really hope I get an II!! Does anyone know based on how they did it last year when the next round of invites will come out? I was complete on 7/12.First interview invite yay!!! couldn't be more excited to interview here
Obligatory info: complete 07/27, LM 69-70, OOS, no ties at all, good mission fit
D
deleted969405
mines about culture, and how i will use what I have learned to give better culturally competent medical care. How does htat sound?FWIW, I did standard diversity and got II. It's pretty much a generic diversity question asking what you can contribute lol
mines about culture, and how i will use what I have learned to give better culturally competent medical care. How does htat sound?
That sounds like a good topic. I used the generic diversity essay as well, but I also talked about why I'm a good mission fit in the why Creighton essay. If you want more specifics about my why Creighton essay, PM me!
did you guys do your standard diversity essay for the second prompt, or did you kinda have to write a new, service based one for this essay? My diversity essay is about culture, would that still work?
No I had a separate service essay that I used for a few schools
First II!!! OOS, LM 68, ORM, Complete 7/26.
Last edited: