-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Creighton
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted!!!! I can't believe it.
Interviewed 10/4
+1!! This is my first acceptance after 2 years of applying... It's a surreal feeling. Congrats!!
Run Long And Perspire
Full Member
Any non traditional students here? Still in limbo. No II yet ....waiting...waiting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a nontrad waiting for an II too. I have a robust service background so I'm still hoping that appeals to Creighton!Any non traditional students here? Still in limbo. No II yet ....waiting...waiting
Veloci_granger
Full Member
Any non traditional students here? Still in limbo. No II yet ....waiting...waiting
Also a nontrad, OOS.
Silence from every school is deafening!
Does anyone know if Creighton gives out generous scholarships?
I believe Creighton has scholarships... but like most MD programs, scholarship money is few and far between.
I think it does cause I got a ii like a month back and likely due to my thousands of hours of community serviceI'm a nontrad waiting for an II too. I have a robust service background so I'm still hoping that appeals to Creighton!
Creighton is for sure mission based, and will look upon community service very favorably.
For all those waiting for an II don’t worry! We still have so much time left! Also creighton interviews till late feb/march!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to know! I know it's still "somewhat" early, but hoping for more chances! Complete 7/29 and still waiting 🙂
GloballyMed
Full Member
Lots of people got II in Jan last year and got accepted. So you still have a good shot. Just continue volunteering and keep them updated.Good to know! I know it's still "somewhat" early, but hoping for more chances! Complete 7/29 and still waiting 🙂
Lots of people got II in Jan last year and got accepted. So you still have a good shot. Just continue volunteering and keep them updated.
Haven’t been volunteering, but still serving the community as an Educator. Not sure if I can really send an update if it’s the same activity, just additional duties.
Haven’t been volunteering, but still serving the community as an Educator. Not sure if I can really send an update if it’s the same activity, just additional duties.
Not sure your current background but good things I would've updated :
Any new grades
Any new jobs/volunteer experiences
If you have a healthcare related job and it changes/get promotion i'd update.
If you have any research activity/changes i'd update even if its like "hey I submitted and was accepted to a conference thats in May"
Ask yourself "am I in any way a better applicant now than when I applied?" because you did something more. If so, I'd update.
Does anyone know if Creighton gives out generous scholarships?
The post above is correct. Yes we technically have scholarships, probs less than 10% of the class get one or maybe even less than 5%. I know 1 person with a scholarship.
Not sure your current background but good things I would've updated :
Any new grades
Any new jobs/volunteer experiences
If you have a healthcare related job and it changes/get promotion i'd update.
If you have any research activity/changes i'd update even if its like "hey I submitted and was accepted to a conference thats in May"
Ask yourself "am I in any way a better applicant now than when I applied?" because you did something more. If so, I'd update.
Thank you! Think I could PM you for more details about what I’m thinking about? I’m out of school, so no new grades or scores.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Run Long And Perspire
Full Member
+1Good to know! I know it's still "somewhat" early, but hoping for more chances! Complete 7/29 and still waiting 🙂
Run Long And Perspire
Full Member
How do you guys format your updates? I’ve been writing them like a business letter, but the headings take up 1/3 of the page!
Sorry if this has been asked already, but did anyone get a confirmation when you submitted an update? I hit the upload button, but I can't see anywhere that it was actually submitted.
A
OOS
II 10/18
OOS
II 10/18
Accepted via email one hour ago. OOS, interviewed 10/18
Accepted today as well! Interviewed 10/18. OOS
september94
Full Member
If you click on the update link, you should see green text that says "last updated on __" under the category you submitted. It took around 10 minutes to show up for me.Sorry if this has been asked already, but did anyone get a confirmation when you submitted an update? I hit the upload button, but I can't see anywhere that it was actually submitted.
sureThank you! Think I could PM you for more details about what I’m thinking about? I’m out of school, so no new grades or scores.
Anyone know how big the interview group is?
I think there were around 30ish when I interviewed.
Secondary complete 7/20 still haven’t heard anything. Anyone else?
I just interviewed and have a couple questions about sending updates. Should I send updates with my grades for fall semester? And I am taking a course next semester that will have me working in a research lab, I do not have any other research experience, so does it make sense to send an update that I will be completing research next semester?
There were 29 at my interview.Anyone know how big the interview group is?
I just interviewed and have a couple questions about sending updates. Should I send updates with my grades for fall semester? And I am taking a course next semester that will have me working in a research lab, I do not have any other research experience, so does it make sense to send an update that I will be completing research next semester?
I'd say yes to both.
I updated fall grades when they posted and it could be helpful to say you will be participating in a research lab if you have no other experience.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
september94
Full Member
Complete 7/22 and nothing so farSecondary complete 7/20 still haven’t heard anything. Anyone else?
Just noticed the waitlist notification on the portal. Didn't receive an email. Interviewed on 10/25.
II!!! And at 10:00 PM CST!!! So excited, lots of family ties to this area 
Edit: ooh and I was complete mid-July

Edit: ooh and I was complete mid-July
Last edited:
When did you interview?Accepted today! First one 😀 super excited!
lukesup_12
Full Member
+2 I was complete 7/23. Have there been any R waves yet?Complete 7/22 and nothing so far
juiceboxer625
New Member
i'm interviewing in a few days for MD/PhD. Can anyone who went through this tell me a bit about the experience? How did the interviews go? Thanks!!!
When did you interview?
10/25
InsertBasicUsername
Full Member
Anyone know if they're going to accept people off WL starting in January this year? I was just reading the email and they said they will start reviewing again in January, but last year they did not start until May.
Anyone know if they're going to accept people off WL starting in January this year? I was just reading the email and they said they will start reviewing again in January, but last year they did not start until May.
They said some will be accepted off the WL in January when I called a couple weeks ago
II today! Super excited! Completed on Labor Day
Accepted! Interviewed 11/1
TheBoranIdentity
Full Member
II about an hour ago! Someone’s working late over in Nebraska lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
imjustouthere
Full Member
is there a status change between "Your secondary application is complete and is ready to be reviewed for interview purposes." and IIs? like an "under review" message?
imjustouthere
Full Member
if i recently enrolled in an A&P course that fulfills their pre-req but was not previously noted on my secondary or primary, does this warrant an update?
if i recently enrolled in an A&P course that fulfills their pre-req but was not previously noted on my secondary or primary, does this warrant an update?
Pre or post II?
imjustouthere
Full Member
Pre-IIPre or post II?