2019-2020 Creighton

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just had my interview here few days ago!!!! Really liked it! Has anyone sent a letter of interest? Is this looked favorably upon? And if so, which section of the secondary did you update the LOI in? Thanks!
in general, i think LOIs are pointless unless you are on a waitlist. Just send your thank yous and keep your fingers crossed
 
hmm nope, mine still says thanks for interviewing. If I get rejected and you get accepted when know that's the tipoff! ( 🙁 )
Update- I just went thru last year's thread, and it says that when the message disappears, it just means they have made a decision... doesn't specify which decision they have made!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my message changed today so I’m expecting something on the 15th...
Does anyone know if Creighton gives all of their decisions this early, or do they revisit apps and let you know later if you end up waitlisted/rejected? This may be a dumb question but I'm nervous/curious and I have heard some schools do this? lol
 
Does anyone know if Creighton gives all of their decisions this early, or do they revisit apps and let you know later if you end up waitlisted/rejected? This may be a dumb question but I'm nervous/curious and I have heard some schools do this? lol

They definitely waitlist people... not sure I understand your question.
 
Does anyone know if Creighton gives all of their decisions this early, or do they revisit apps and let you know later if you end up waitlisted/rejected? This may be a dumb question but I'm nervous/curious and I have heard some schools do this? lol
Are you asking if they re-review apps? Bc i think they do in May if you’re on the alternate list, but you can’t get rejected at Creighton
 
Are you asking if they re-review apps? Bc i think they do in May if you’re on the alternate list, but you can’t get rejected at Creighton
Based on the end presentation at the interview, there are only three possible decisions accepted, accepted with conditions, and alternate (which I’m guessing is mainly those who are ultimately rejected)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they not give hard Rs?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are hard R's but extremely uncommon. Vast majority who don't get outright accepted are placed on the waitlist which is evaluated twice from January --> May. Generally, waitlist movement is solid but varies year-to-year.
 
Alternate status :/ it says we have to accept our spot on the alternate list somewhere in the portal but I haven't been able to see where. Has anyone been able to do that?

+1

I'm sure they just sent the email before updating the portal.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any current Creighton medical school student speak to what they like and dislike about Creighton? Thanks!!

Congrats to those who were accepted!

Creighton is awesome.
Biggest pro for me is the atmosphere. The student body is friendly and supportive. Classmates are more than willing to help each other. Not a cutthroat/competitive setting that you might see at other schools. The faculty is amazingly supportive. Professors are constantly working and improving the curriculum to provide students with the tools/resources necessary to succeed. So far, there isn't anything that I dislike about Creighton. I honestly love the school and am thrilled I ended up here.

Send a PM if you any specific Q's!
 
Accepted with conditional coursework...which I honestly don't know how I'm going to complete with my work schedule. Press F to pay respects.