-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Drexel
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm with ya, Cecilia! But of course, the most important question is, "When will they review ours!?" 😛Does anyone know the order in which they review applications? Chronological?
NO school reviews applications chronologically. Your application is stratified immediately upon an initial review. Obviously, ever school is super secret about the way they do things. But for example if you have really high stats you may be put in the interview NOW pile, or drexel could sort it more holistically. Most likely what happens is your file is read, it is given a numerical number, and based on that score-- you are put into a certain pile. Obviously date submitted matters right? The sooner you are seen the better the chance you have in each pile. But no school just goes in chronological order-- maybe for a brief summary initial review but from there it is for sure going to be in whatever order they decide.Does anyone know the order in which they review applications? Chronological?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NO school reviews applications chronologically. Your application is stratified immediately upon an initial review. Obviously, ever school is super secret about the way they do things. But for example if you have really high stats you may be put in the interview NOW pile, or drexel could sort it more holistically. Most likely what happens is your file is read, it is given a numerical number, and based on that score-- you are put into a certain pile. Obviously date submitted matters right? The sooner you are seen the better the chance you have in each pile. But no school just goes in chronological order-- maybe for a brief summary initial review but from there it is for sure going to be in whatever order they decide.
I wonder how many of them review the file before the CASPer comes in. Some say explicitly that they won't touch it until CASPer is marked complete. Others, like U of Michigan state explicitly that they will review your file before the CASPer but not give you an II until the CASPer is received with no red flags.Does anyone know the order in which they review applications? Chronological?
FWIW, I take my CASPer Thursday... And I'm having to skip an Evolution lab to take it #BONUS!
That’s something we’ll never know schools are like superrrrrr secret about how they use casper. But it definitely plays a role.I wonder how many of them review the file before the CASPer comes in. Some say explicitly that they won't touch it until CASPer is marked complete. Others, like U of Michigan state explicitly that they will review your file before the CASPer but not give you an II until the CASPer is received with no red flags.
FWIW, I take my CASPer Thursday... And I'm having to skip an Evolution lab to take it #BONUS!
themightychondrion
Full Member
does anyone have recommendations for nearby hotels or airbnbs? i'd prefer within walking distance if possible
I’m staying at a place called Student Guest House for mine. It’s ~2 blocks from Drexel, they give you breakfast in the morning, and drive you to the interview.
Can’t make a hyperlink on mobile but this is it: studentguesthouseMD
Edit: I guess the hyperlink worked. Will update about the experience!
Rosebud Lin
New Member
Just had my interview. It was very chill. The only thing I wish I knew beforehand is that there's an essay at the end, and you have to type on an iPad. Hope it helps!
Wow. That’s awful. I hope they don’t expect it to be as polished as the essays on the app! I spent so much time on those, so it sounds like the best version of my writing.Just had my interview. It was very chill. The only thing I wish I knew beforehand is that there's an essay at the end, and you have to type on an iPad. Hope it helps!
Wow. That’s awful. I hope they don’t expect it to be as polished as the essays on the app! I spent so much time on those, so it sounds like the best version of my writing.
They def dont. They give you 30 minutes to write it lol
Wow. That’s awful. I hope they don’t expect it to be as polished as the essays on the app! I spent so much time on those, so it sounds like the best version of my writing.
It's more of a casper-like writing prompt. Not supposed to be like a secondary essay.
Just got placed on hold :/ complete 7/11
Wait. You got placed on hold on Saturday? Now I have to continually refresh my inbox on weekends!!!? *Not that I wasn’t already, but now I feel obligated!* 😛Just got placed on hold :/ complete 7/11
I just read from a testprep source that it’s to confirm that your writing in other areas is actually your writing. AI at work.It's more of a casper-like writing prompt. Not supposed to be like a secondary essay.
I get that. I must say though, that my first draft writing doesn't sound like my final draft writing haha.I just read from a testprep source that it’s to confirm that your writing in other areas is actually your writing. AI at work.
True story! That’s what I think, too. Amazing how machine learning can actually get it right still!I get that. I must say though, that my first draft writing doesn't sound like my final draft writing haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes 🙁 I thought I could have some peace during the weekends lol but I guess notWait. You got placed on hold on Saturday? Now I have to continually refresh my inbox on weekends!!!? *Not that I wasn’t already, but now I feel obligated!* 😛
Interview Invite! Secondary submitted June 28th!
premed43756
Full Member
I’m not too sure about that. They told me during my interview that they give it to a physical grader and they score it based off of a provided rubric. They said they don’t even know who’s essay is who’s while gradingI just read from a testprep source that it’s to confirm that your writing in other areas is actually your writing. AI at work.
I’m also not sure about it. Just another quote hot off the rumor mill.I’m not too sure about that. They told me during my interview that they give it to a physical grader and they score it based off of a provided rubric. They said they don’t even know who’s essay is who’s while grading
I’m also not sure about it. Just another quote hot off the rumor mill.
Interviewed here this past Wednesday and was told this exact same thing
Told which part?Interviewed here this past Wednesday and was told this exact same thing
I’m not too sure about that. They told me during my interview that they give it to a physical grader and they score it based off of a provided rubric. They said they don’t even know who’s essay is who’s while grading
This essay existed well before casper was a thing, so i guess there’s that
How likely is it to go from "re-review" to II for this school?
Wow. That’s awful. I hope they don’t expect it to be as polished as the essays on the app! I spent so much time on those, so it sounds like the best version of my writing.
Not trying to be mean but the essay has been mentioned many times on this thread and is all over the Drexel sdn feedback page! And they tell you about it on the interview portal part so like if you read even just the info they send you it shouldn’t be a surprise!
How likely is it to go from "re-review" to II for this school?
>0 but unlikely.
Does anyone have any recommendations on good areas to potentially stay in if we are there for an interview. I have never been to phily before so don't know which spots would be more ideal. Additionally if anyone has any recommendations on cool spots in the city to check out i'd love to hear them as well!
You don’t know what you’re asking for. I will camp in the lobby with a name tag on.so hopefully i’ll see some of you there [emoji5]
Thats it is scored on a rubric and the grader does not know who you are.Interviewed here this past Wednesday and was told this exact same thing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II! Secondary submitted 8/30
EDIT: dates available 10/23, 10/30, 10/31, 11/4
EDIT: dates available 10/23, 10/30, 10/31, 11/4
Last edited:
RedditorMD
Full Member
II! Secondary submitted 8/30
IS/OOS? Stats?
OOS, non-traditional, LM 65-68 I believe. 510 MCAT, 3.42 ugpa (v strong upward trend), 3.94 grad gpa,IS/OOS? Stats?
Congrats!! When were you complete??II! Secondary submitted 8/30
EDIT: dates available 10/23, 10/30, 10/31, 11/4
BaxandWinny
Full Member
On hold. Complete 8/20 OOS
Thanks, I received the complete email on 9/4Congrats!! When were you complete??
I stayed at the Hilton on City Ave and it was really nice and only a 10 min uber 🙂Does anyone have any recommendations on good areas to potentially stay in if we are there for an interview. I have never been to phily before so don't know which spots would be more ideal. Additionally if anyone has any recommendations on cool spots in the city to check out i'd love to hear them as well!
What did your application portal say before you got an interview? Mine says "your application is ready." I am happy I haven't gotten rejected (yet) but it doesn't even sound like they have looked at my app yetI stayed at the Hilton on City Ave and it was really nice and only a 10 min uber 🙂

What did your application portal say before you got an interview? Mine says "your application is ready." I am happy I haven't gotten rejected (yet) but it doesn't even sound like they have looked at my app yet![]()
I mean it’s not gonna tell u when they look at your app.
It seems like most of the schools will say your app is "under review." One of the schools I applied to even sent you an email when the review was complete. I was just curious if Drexel was the same.I mean it’s not gonna tell u when they look at your app.
When schools say you are under review it just means you are complete and being reviewed. If you are complete here you are under review.It seems like most of the schools will say your app is "under review." One of the schools I applied to even sent you an email when the review was complete. I was just curious if Drexel was the same.
You are just getting lost in the semantics.When schools say you are under review it just means you are complete and being reviewed. If you are complete here you are under review.
premed43756
Full Member
did anyone get insight to when they will send out acceptances this year when they interviewed. the one faculty member told us probably october 15th but she was new and like some of you already mentioned they didn’t start sending them until mid november last year
did anyone get insight to when they will send out acceptances this year when they interviewed. the one faculty member told us probably october 15th but she was new and like some of you already mentioned they didn’t start sending them until mid november last year
I called yesterday and was told that they will be sending batches of admissions offers starting “the third week of October” and continue to do that once a month. They indicated it would not start in November like last year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Butterknut
Full Member
II! Complete mid July.
Congrats! IS, stats, other info?II! Complete mid July.
Congrats. Also, I'll take your pickles hahaII! Complete 7/15.
URM LizzyM 70 and I had a tuna sandwich for lunch today, no pickles.
Butterknut
Full Member
Congrats! IS, stats, other info?
OOS, Lizzy M 63, reapplicant