2019-2020 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really unexpected but I got the news today that I got accepted off the waitlist!!! I interviewed all the way back in 9/16, so anyone on the waitlist please don't give up hope! :)

Oh wow!! Congrats. I think this is probably the first time I've seen someone get off the waitlist all the way back in September. This gives me some hope!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Really unexpected but I got the news today that I got accepted off the waitlist!!! I interviewed all the way back in 9/16, so anyone on the waitlist please don't give up hope! :)
Is this your first acceptance? Congrats, that’s a long wait!

Hey guys! Quick question - when you guys picked up your account from Drexel via Accounts Management were you given a User ID or just an ID number? Essentially, were you given the info to log in to things like:

or

or just

Lmao hope this question makes sense, trying to pretend I'm paying attention in a zoom meeting right now.

Yes, you should have access to all these sites if you have you picked up your account but I remember it wasn't really straightforward. The DrexelConnect website you had to set up MFA prior to using your credentials to login and the Discover Drexel website you had to request a temporary PIN or something, I had to ask IT.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hearing someone getting accepted in September made my DAY. October interview here!

Withdrew my spot on the waitlist, good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 12 users
Yesterday I was accepted off the waitlist! I was on 3 waitlists and this was my first MD acceptance. For anyone wondering, I am a second time applicant, IS. I interviewed in September (seems like they’re finally looking at early fall deferees!). I was deferred November. Sent an update letter in December. Waitlisted in March. Sent an LOI/update in May. And just accepted 6/15.
This process has been a long and psychologically challenging experience. I’ve struggled with so much anxiety, frustration, and sometimes self doubt these past couple of years. I do believe it’s worth it though and I’m rooting for everyone in this process. Stay strong and keep pushing forward if you are reapplying. With perseverance and determination, it will work out eventually! Good luck to everyone in your journeys.

• Love
Reactions: 24 users
Congrats future doc and fellow classmate! Did you interview in the AM or PM? I think we interviewed the same day.

Yesterday I was accepted off the waitlist! I was on 3 waitlists and this was my first MD acceptance. For anyone wondering, I am a second time applicant, IS. I interviewed in September (seems like they’re finally looking at early fall deferees!). I was deferred November. Sent an update letter in December. Waitlisted in March. Sent an LOI/update in May. And just accepted 6/15.
This process has been a long and psychologically challenging experience. I’ve struggled with so much anxiety, frustration, and sometimes self doubt these past couple of years. I do believe it’s worth it though and I’m rooting for everyone in this process. Stay strong and keep pushing forward if you are reapplying. With perseverance and determination, it will work out eventually! Good luck to everyone in your journeys.
Congrats!! If you don't mind telling, which date or week in September did you interview?

Congrats future doc and fellow classmate! Did you interview in the AM or PM? I think we interviewed the same day.
I interviewed in the PM and it was also my first MD acceptance. Super happy that our patience paid off for both of us! See you in August!

I interviewed in the PM and it was also my first MD acceptance. Super happy that our patience paid off for both of us! See you in August!
I interviewed in the PM session too! Looking forward to seeing a familiar face, see you in August!

• Love
Dear Incoming Class of 2024,

First of all congratulations! I really look forward to getting to know you all in whatever capacity on campus. I am reaching out on behalf of many concerned students/alumni to garner support and signatures for a response letter to be sent to Drexel’s President, John Fry, regarding his recent e-mail titled ‘A Pledge to Address Systemic and Institutional Racism’. We are concerned that President Fry’s agenda to address racism in our community did not nearly go far enough. This letter addresses concerns specifically related to the purportedly independent and “unbiased” review of the Drexel Police which is slated to be conducted by a former Philadelphia Police commissioner. Further, the issues related to Drexel’s Vice President’s ongoing involvement in the Philadelphia Police Foundation, which provides additional financial support the Philadelphia Police Department.

Please read the full letter here: Letter to President Fry

And add your signature to the letter here: Signatures for DUCOM/Graduate College letter to President Fry

If the demands of this letter are met by the administration, this would be a meaningful step towards addressing racism in our community and set an example for other academic institutions in Philadelphia.

Thank you for considering this action,

Member of the class of 2023

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
If Drexel's waitlist truly is ranked I wish they could just let us know what our ranking is :confused:

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
If Drexel's waitlist truly is ranked I wish they could just let us know what our ranking is :confused:
they wouldn't ! i already contacted them for this and they said we dont give you the ranking ! as if this process is not so stressful, so they do their best to add some stress to it.

Reactions: 3 users
they wouldn't ! i already contacted them for this and they said we dont give you the ranking ! as if this process is not so stressful, so they do their best to add some stress to it.

Yeah, I wish they would at least tell us which quartile we fall under. I want to move on :/

Are they chronologically reviewing waitlisted applicants based on interview date or is that completely irrelevant you think?

Congrats to everyone who got the blessed call this week. Please remember to CTE when you’re ready and release other spots to move the waitlist along.

For anyone who's gotten an acceptance off the WL recently, did they offer you a scholarship/financial aid? Or is it too late in the cycle?

For anyone who's gotten an acceptance off the WL recently, did they offer you a scholarship/financial aid? Or is it too late in the cycle?
I was looking for this and haven’t seen anything. Was wondering the same

it took me a few days to “pick up” my Drexel account. But after you set up your Drexel account you should have access to Drexel One and your financial aid award will be posted there

Does anyone know if we can expect more waitlist movement? I am trying to figure out my living plans

To everyone waiting: if it’s meant to be it will be. If not, do NOT give up. You had an interview and you have what it takes. Believe in yourself and let the A come to you. Take it a day at a time. (needed to be said)

Reactions: 18 users
just accepted this morning!! interviewed 9/11. didn’t see this coming so late but there’s still hope for anyone who was deferred in the fall!

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
Anyone else still hanging on the waitlist? I’m on this one and one other school that also won’t let me know where I stand on it ☹️ Stinks that they can’t give us any idea so for now I’ll start preparing for next year

Reactions: 15 users
Anyone else still hanging on the waitlist? I’m on this one and one other school that also won’t let me know where I stand on it ☹ Stinks that they can’t give us any idea so for now I’ll start preparing for next year
:bang:My sister's psychic told her I would be getting in. So I fully expect an email within the next month :bang:

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else still hanging on the waitlist? I’m on this one and one other school that also won’t let me know where I stand on it ☹ Stinks that they can’t give us any idea so for now I’ll start preparing for next year
Double waitlist gang checking in

Reactions: 2 users
On 5 WL here, still hoping for some good news but I submitted my primary to reapply already just in case

Reactions: 4 users
On 5 WL here, still hoping for some good news but I submitted my primary to reapply already just in case
Jeez and I’m here with 3 WL thinking I have it bad. Rooting for ya!

Withdrew my application. Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!

Reactions: 14 users
Just got in off one of my waitlists and have withdrawn from Drexel. Best of luck to the rest of you!

Reactions: 15 users
Just got off one of my waitlists as well and have now withdrawn from Drexel waitlist!

Reactions: 14 users
Hey all! Any upper-classmen (@ciestar ) able to comment about AOA and how it is chosen at Drexel?

Also - I spoke with a couple of people at Drexel this week and they all said a car is essentially mandatory for 3rd year, how true is this? I myself don't even have a license, let alone a car, so it's definitely something of a problem for me hahaha. Any tips on where/how to learn in the DUCOM area? :p

I look forward to meeting you all in the Fall!
Honestly i have no idea with AOA and idk if anyone does. It’s the top 15-20% of the class but the criteria isn’t known.

Yeah, you’ll want a car for third year. Rotations are spread out. You’ll have to find a way to carpool otherwise.

Honestly i have no idea with AOA and idk if anyone does. It’s the top 15-20% of the class but the criteria isn’t known.

Yeah, you’ll want a car for third year. Rotations are spread out. You’ll have to find a way to carpool otherwise.

Guess I'll have to make friends with cars for the sole purpose of learning how to drive :laugh:

Did folks accepted off of the waitlist submit recent updates / letters?

I received the interview invite the same day I submitted an update letter and followed-up with another update a month after my interview (was waitlisted 2 weeks thereafter). That was a month ago and I haven't submitted anything since but am wondering if it might be worth it...

I'm in the same boat as you buddy, maybe we can form a group for all us no-license holders and sucker someone with a car and hella patience to teach us all :p
One of my classmates got her license right before third year so it definitely has been done before.

As for places to learn, East Falls is more secluded than Center City so you wont see as much traffic. I basically started in a parking lot when I got mine and those are everywhere

So, anyone knows when is Drexel orientation? just want to know when to kill my already dying hope :)))))

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Many last year came mid July, hang in there everyone

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else in the accepted to DO but waitlisted at Drexel gang? Just wondering how you guys were dealing with signing leases and getting ready for the school you’ve been accepted to, but still thinking about that small possibility of being accepted at Drexel