-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Drexel
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I interviewed 4/6, good luck!!Would you mind sharing what date you interviewed?
Butterknut
Full Member
I'm starting to think they won't get to the November people until June and by then it'll be too late for me :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed 2/25. Waitlisted 5/19. Accepted off WL today at 12:30pm!!!!!
Congrats to those accepted! Still so strange to me that they WL so many and then accept them a few days later lmao.
Those waitlisted in May and then later accepted, did you submit any kind of update or letter in between the WL email and getting accepted?
Those waitlisted in May and then later accepted, did you submit any kind of update or letter in between the WL email and getting accepted?
I did not. I think those types of updates are highly overrated, with the exception maybe of an official letter of intent. Why would it ever be a good idea to further burden them with documents to consider unless it was an official promise to attend? I believe the majority of people who get accepted after sending a letter would have gotten accepted anyway but attributed their acceptance to the letter. Not trying to stir a debate but sharing a completely subjective opinion based on the fact that I had a ton of WL movement this cycle without ever sending a single update.Congrats to those accepted! Still so strange to me that they WL so many and then accept them a few days later lmao.
Those waitlisted in May and then later accepted, did you submit any kind of update or letter in between the WL email and getting accepted?
Last edited:
Anyone from 4/8 hear back?
Anyone from 4/8 hear back?
Nope, I haven’t heard back at all.
I guess we wait till Friday thenNope, I haven’t heard back at all.
Dr__Watson
New Member
Waitlisted just now. Interviewed 4/7
WhatsUpDoc079
Full Member
Interview 4/6 waitlsited today at 9:20 🙁 three waitlists and no A's is really getting to me 🙁 but fingers crossed
Interview 4/6 waitlsited today at 9:20 🙁 three waitlists and no A's is really getting to me 🙁 but fingers crossed
In the same position. It sucks when people you know that you've been a year or 2 ahead of in grade school are getting in, and you're just like fml.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wegotthisyall
Full Member
+1Interviewed 4/7 and waitlisted today 🙁
Stay hopeful. High turnover on the waitlistInterview 4/6 waitlsited today at 9:20 🙁 three waitlists and no A's is really getting to me 🙁 but fingers crossed
WhatsUpDoc079
Full Member
Stay hopeful. High turnover on the waitlist
That is true does anyone know if you can call and ask what position you are on the waitlist?
They won’t tell youThat is true does anyone know if you can call and ask what position you are on the waitlist?
Did they say the WL acceptance rate? I feel like they mentioned it during interviewThey won’t tell you
I'm in the same boat, applied around the beginning of May and nothing on my portal yet. Financial aid told me some things are taking longer so I'm going to wait a little more and then give them a call if it's still not up. They've been extremely nice and helpful whenever I call so not worried about it!Hey has anyone here applied for grad plus and had it placed onto their Drexel Financial Aid Award yet? I applied for gradplus about 2 weeks ago but it's still not showing up on my aid. I was wondering how long it usually takes to show up.
Crossing my fingers for all of us on the waitlist and who haven’t heard back yet! Maybe we’ll get some good news today!
Congrats! I wonder if they’ll report anything else soon
Anybody from 4/8 hear back?
wegotthisyall
Full Member
Congrats!! May I ask what day you were put on the waitlist?Accepted at 2:40!!! 2/20 interview. First A after being on 4 WL. Stay positive!!
WL 4/24Congrats!! May I ask what day you were put on the waitlist?
Accepted today at 11:30 AM PST!!! Can't wait to be in Philly this Fall!!Anybody from 4/8 hear back?
Interviewed 4/8.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Midatlantic2018
New Member
WL 9:50AM interviewed 4/9
Okay I was defending drexel in the past but it’s ridiculous that it’s literally JUNE 1st and they’re sending out decisions.WL 9:50AM interviewed 4/9
Seems like most of the students who will be accepting their acceptances and CTEing to drexel this late in the cycle - excluding the people who got accepted before but more so students accepted mid to late june and beyond - are likely students who don't have other acceptances or are holding acceptances at DO programs because a lot of CTE deadlines are early to mid june. Hopefully they have enough of that category of students
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Definitely noticed this here and at other schools.Seems like most of the students who will be accepting their acceptances and CTEing to drexel this late in the cycle - excluding the people who got accepted before but more so students accepted mid to late june and beyond - are likely students who don't have other acceptances or are holding acceptances at DO programs because a lot of CTE deadlines are early to mid june. Hopefully they have enough of that category of students
Okay I was defending drexel in the past but it’s ridiculous that it’s literally JUNE 1st and they’re sending out decisions.
Looking at last year's thread, they were still sending out A's in mid July

Okay I was defending drexel in the past but it’s ridiculous that it’s literally JUNE 1st and they’re sending out decisions.
Yeah I feel like I saw on interview day they accepted like some 800 or so applicants and only 200 and something matriculate so I'm sure acceptances go out pretty late into the summer!
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
I believe they were referring to post-interview decisions.Yeah I feel like I saw on interview day they accepted like some 800 or so applicants and only 200 and something matriculate so I'm sure acceptances go out pretty late into the summer!
fad134705
New Member
Interviewed 4/8, Accepted 5/29 at 2:40 PM!Anyone from 4/8 hear back?
Those were from the waitlist. These are INITIAL decisions.Looking at last year's thread, they were still sending out A's in mid July![]()
Just accepted to DUCOM, interviewed 3/30. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive financial aid package?
futuredoc0995
Full Member
Just accepted to DUCOM, interviewed 3/30. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive financial aid package?
We’re you on the waitlist? Or no?
We’re you on the waitlist? Or no?
I was WL about two weeks ago and just came off.
Superelephantt
Full Member
Just got accepted off the WL this morning! Does anyone know how to get our Drexel ID? I tried making a Drexel account but it says my info is not in the system.
It should be listed in some of the tasks on the pre-matriculation tab on the application/acceptance website. I do think it can maybe take a few days for it to register you in the system and retrieve the account though.Just got accepted off the WL this morning! Does anyone know how to get our Drexel ID? I tried making a Drexel account but it says my info is not in the system.
Got accepted off the waitlist today at 1:53 pm! 🙂 interviewed 4/1, WL 5/29
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YO NO WAY SO HYPE ****ing about time !!1 so happy for youGot accepted off the waitlist today at 1:53 pm! 🙂 interviewed 4/1, WL 5/29
YO NO WAY SO HYPE ****ing about time !!1 so happy for you
HAHAHA you're telling me!!! Thanks pal!!

Is it possible you were in that Tulane thread back in July?? And you’ve come this far!! I love the MD GODSHAHAHA you're telling me!!! Thanks pal!!![]()
Really unexpected but I got the news today that I got accepted off the waitlist!!! I interviewed all the way back in 9/16, so anyone on the waitlist please don't give up hope! 🙂