2019-2020 Eastern Virginia

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
was waitlist movement as slow here last cycle as other VA schools
It was slower than I expected, but the rumor has always been that up to 1/2 the class comes from the waitlist.
I think the waitlist is ~300 people and they'll offer acceptances to ~100 in order to fill the class since some people are OOS and will probably decline the offer if they're already accepted somewhere else
More OOS applicants definitely come off of the waitlist than IS.
 
Last edited:
Do any of you think it's too late to apply to this school? Would it be worth a shot or simply throwing money away at this point? LM 68
 
Do any of you think it's too late to apply to this school? Would it be worth a shot or simply throwing money away at this point? LM 68

I don't think it's too late, at all. If you have your secondaries prewritten or you can finish them in a quick manner, I'd say compare your stats via the MSAR and go for it if it fits. Either way, it is too early to say that you would be "late" for any school. Some people are still waiting on their Primaries to be verified.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think it's too late, at all. If you have your secondaries prewritten or you can finish them in a quick manner, I'd say compare your stats via the MSAR and go for it if it fits. Either way, it is too early to say that you would be "late" for any school. Some people are still waiting on their Primaries to be verified.
It is early august! Besides schools like Tulane its really not late anywhere yet. But I would caution you if you are OOS to make sure the school is a good fit for you with a LM of 68. If you are IS with those stats it is a great fit!
 
Anyone think it's too late to apply here? OOS (no ties) non-trad with MCAT 512, undergrad cGPA 3.5, grad GPA 3.85
 
So I am OOS LizzyM 70.3 but I went to undergraduate in a school in the Hampton Roads area, do y'all think this will be a strong enough of a tie to the school to help my cause?

No one on this site has any idea what the admissions committee is looking for beyond generalities. The school is mission drive: they love shadowing and community service. Beyond that, who is to say? What is your reader looking for that day, who did he or she read before yours? Etc. No one knows so give it a shot!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am OOS LizzyM 70.3 but I went to undergraduate in a school in the Hampton Roads area, do y'all think this will be a strong enough of a tie to the school to help my cause?
I don't think its necessary to explain your ties to the state because the school is OOS-friendly from what I've heard. Just make sure your activities reflect volunteer work and service-related work because they seem to be a service-driven school and may screen people out based on fit. So I agree give it a shot!
 
Did anybody else have any difficulties submitting their secondary? I hit submit my responses and pay, and it's been stuck on that same screen with a loading wheel for the last 20 minutes.
 
Did anybody else have any difficulties submitting their secondary? I hit submit my responses and pay, and it's been stuck on that same screen with a loading wheel for the last 20 minutes.
Did you check your WiFi? I’m joking obviously but yesterday the same thing happened and it was my WiFi
 
Did anybody else have any difficulties submitting their secondary? I hit submit my responses and pay, and it's been stuck on that same screen with a loading wheel for the last 20 minutes.

Same thing happened to me. Had to refresh and start over.
 
I decided late to apply here and I submitted a primary on 7/25 and just got the secondary today. I'm an OOS applicant but went to college in Virginia.
 
Complete email today. Submitted 8/4. IS re-applicant, previously waitlisted. Interestingly never receiving a complete email last time I applied but was interviewed. Really hoping for another email from EVMS soon with a II!
 
We only need to upload one photo for the secondary, correct? I uploaded one and under the "documents" part of the portal, it says 1/2 like we're expected to upload two. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.
 
We only need to upload one photo for the secondary, correct? I uploaded one and under the "documents" part of the portal, it says 1/2 like we're expected to upload two. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.
The second pic is for your license/other ID if you are applying for in-state tuition.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a little questioned by the wording for the prompt: Describe yourself and your medical career as you see it ten years from now?

Did you respond by describing yourself currently and how you see your career ten years from now or describing yourself ten years from now as well as how you see your medical career ten years from now?
 
I am a little questioned by the wording for the prompt: Describe yourself and your medical career as you see it ten years from now?

Did you respond by describing yourself currently and how you see your career ten years from now or describing yourself ten years from now as well as how you see your medical career ten years from now?

I used 10 years from now for both aspects. I'm pretty sure that's what they are aiming for.
 
yeah its just such a weird question..... describe yourself 10 years from now. Like what? I'm going to be handsome, intelligent, successful, and perfect duh

I focused on the medical side of things, but further explained how I hope to grow and the activities I plan to continue/start.