2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any movement lately? IS hoping for a II!
Border state, hoping for one as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! For those who interviewed, did anyone fly to the Atlanta Airport and travel to Auburn using Groome Transportation? I am concerned about the time since I am not familiar with the Atlanta Airport. How early should I arrive to the airport? No checked in bags. Thank you for the help.

Hello! For those who interviewed, did anyone fly to the Atlanta Airport and travel to Auburn using Groome Transportation? I am concerned about the time since I am not familiar with the Atlanta Airport. How early should I arrive to the airport? No checked in bags. Thank you for the help.

ATL is the largest airport in the US, you will want to arrive very early. It is advised to arrive at least 2.5 hours before your scheduled flight time (mainly due to security wait times). ATL is also notorious for it’s heavy traffic. So ensure you plan addiitonal time to get to the airport. And lastly, there is a time change between ATL and Auburn that you need to be aware of.

I have no information regarding Groome so I cannot advise you there.

Congratulations on your interview! I hope you enjoy the school and have a pleasant time in Auburn.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How soon after your interview did you hear back about a decision?

Yes I traveled using groome! You can call them and they will figure out the times for you based on your flight. I flew into ATL the day before the interview and got dropped off right by my hotel in auburn. The day of the interview was more of a time crunch bc of the time change and having to be back in Atlanta by a certain time but it was fine. Honestly ATL wasn’t that bad during the week especially if you only have a personal bag and not a check in. I still recommend you get there 2 hours early tho. Just to be safe.

How soon after your interview did you hear back about a decision?

interview was 2 weeks ago they told us to expect a call between 3-4 weeks. Previous interview dates that posted on here got them either before or after that time frame so I’m trying not to freak out lol

Completed 9/12. Interview offered 10/30 for Auburn campus, but I never received the email invitation so I didn't know about it for 8 days.

Luckily for me, I got a phone call today from their office today and was able to schedule for 11/25. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 2 users
Yes I traveled using groome! You can call them and they will figure out the times for you based on your flight. I flew into ATL the day before the interview and got dropped off right by my hotel in auburn. The day of the interview was more of a time crunch bc of the time change and having to be back in Atlanta by a certain time but it was fine. Honestly ATL wasn’t that bad during the week especially if you only have a personal bag and not a check in. I still recommend you get there 2 hours early tho. Just to be safe.

Thank you! So I called Groome and the timing is a little difficult for me since the interview ends at 2pm. My flight is at 8pm ATL time and I should arrive at the airport around 6:15pm ATL. Do you think this is enough time? I won't be checking any bags in.

Thanks for your help and good luck :)

Thank you! So I called Groome and the timing is a little difficult for me since the interview ends at 2pm. My flight is at 8pm ATL time and I should arrive at the airport around 6:15pm ATL. Do you think this is enough time? I won't be checking any bags in.

This may be enough time if you’re checking yourself in at a kiosk with no bags. I would suggest checking to see if there is another flight scheduled after yours, just in case! However, if your interview date is really close to a holiday then I wouldn’t recommend this schedule.

Hope that helps! Keep us posted on your success.

that’s plenty of time! Atlanta airport is fairly easy to follow. Check in on your phone and go straight through security. Take the trains to your terminal and you should be golden

Last edited:
that’s plenty of time! Atlanta airport is fairly easy to follow. Check in on your phone and go straight through security. Take the trains to your terminal and you should be golden

Yes! Check in on your phone (forgot about that— great advice). That and the trains will definitely help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! Check in on your phone (forgot about that— great advice). That and the trains will definitely help.

Thanks everyone! I am interviewing this Wednesday and the weather is worrying me!

when yall scheduled ur interview, was there one day available only? there is only one available for me and i cant do that day...

Does anyone know how strict they are on needing a DO letter by 30 days after acceptance? I have heard from a couple of people that they were told it could be by matriculation...

Has anyone received any updates recently?

current student message me if you need something

Going to send in my tuition deposit this week... so excited! :soexcited:

Hi, I want to know if VCOM Auburn provides materials and test prep for Comlex 1 and 2? Do you guys have specific weeks off just to study for the boards?
Thank you

Hi, I want to know if VCOM Auburn provides materials and test prep for Comlex 1 and 2? Do you guys have specific weeks off just to study for the boards?
Thank you
Block 8 is the boards review block, so basically they get literally about 11 weeks of studying.

You're right. It looks like 6 weeks of active review lectures and then 3 weeks of independent study review. I don't know what specific resources they provide to students.

I also wonder about prep for the USMLE. Anyone know how the USMLE dates line up with the COMLEX?

Attachments

• Block8_AC (1).pdf
    197.3 KB · Views: 94
Thank you
Block 8 is the boards review block, so basically they get literally about 11 weeks of studying.
You're right. It looks like 6 weeks of active review lectures and then 3 weeks of independent study review. I don't know what specific resources they provide to students.

I also wonder about prep for the USMLE. Anyone know how the USMLE dates line up with the COMLEX?
Hey guys, OMS-1 here.

So yes, our last block is "dedicated" board study pretty much. But they also dedicate the last week of every block as "dedicated" board study. Some students use that as a week long break to decompress and others use it for board studying. Your education here or anywhere should get you a passing board score, but anything past that is on you, pretty much anywhere! I currently already started board prep, albeit very little - just mixing in board relevant questions with the material we are currently doing.

Secondly, the COMLEX and USMLE - to my understand - have a wide variety of dates that overlap though it is done in just a little bit different manner. Regardless, you can take them whenever you want and in whatever order you see fit. The caveat being that you want your scores early enough to apply to narrow down your interests / elective rotations (i.e. if you score 250+ you might want to try a derm rotation; but if you were interested in derm and only scored a 210, then maybe not).

The school provides a wide variety of resources for boards. They currently have an open subscription for students on Board Vitals, which is where I am currently pulling board prep materials from!

Reactions: 5 users
Thank you so much guys for replying. I am happy to hear that they do provide us with both time and materials for theses exams.

Have they sent out II lately?

I interviewed 2 weeks ago and got tie II 2 weeks before that but haven't heard anything since. They did say during my interview that they may be waitlisting already.

I interviewed 2 weeks ago and got tie II 2 weeks before that but haven't heard anything since. They did say during my interview that they may be waitlisting already.
Ok, thanks for the update and good luck!

Does anyone know if the tuition deposit is binding?

I'm sure you can back out but you would lose your deposit. That is how most places are.
Correct, this does not represent a full commitment, but the deposit is non-refundable if you choose to go elsewhere!

Has anyone received any secondaries yet? I have submitted my application in the beginning of November and I'm getting nervous...

Are they interviewing now just to waitlist? Any updates on slots left for auburn?

If I had a guess, I'd say they've filled about 50% of spots

how much is the deposit? is it refundable? when is the deadline for that

Not entirely waived at VCOM but a significant discount. My deposit was 100.00.

WL. Interviewed late November, notified about WL last week. Thought I would update! But to be fair, they said multiple times during my interview getting WL'ed right now is not a big deal, and was actually to be expected, as they already met more than half of the seats, and that was back in late November.

What is a good email to send application updates to?

Accepted to this campus via the MABS program SMP.

I was interviewed in November, WL last week, and accepted today!!

Reactions: 4 users