2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They pulled me from the waitlist today! Woohoo!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone on here finds out anything about waitlist movement, I would love to know updates!

Reactions: 3 users
Do any of you all know if VCOM-Auburn will be in person or online?

Do any of you all know if VCOM-Auburn will be in person or online?
As of right now they haven't said anything one way or another unless I missed the notification. I believe they are going to reassess again come end of May?

Has there been any movement on the waitlist recently? Does anyone know?
I know of some friends that withdrew their acceptance recently so their should be some movement!!! Keep hopes up!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I will be withdrawing my acceptance as I got accepted to a different school! Best of luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Pulled from the waitlist on May 21st! I still can't get over the fact that I will be attending my top-choice school! For all of those still waiting, hang in there. Waitlists are starting to move all over the place.

For those wondering, here are my timeline and stats.
Primary sent early October, secondary completed late October, interview invite 1/14/2020, interviewed late January, waitlist 3 weeks later, accepted 5/21/2020. I was accepted via email.
3.6 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 505 MCAT, send a LOI a few weeks after being waitlisted.

• Love
Does anyone know if the class is full/has there been any waitlist movement recently?

I was accepted from the waitlist June 12 but will be declining the offer! Good luck to anyone still on the waitlist- it’s not too late!

Did anyone with low stats received an interview or acceptance utilizing the last “120 hour” rule?

Anyone here that gets fee waivers and has problems submitting their application? It says my fee has been paid for already but it won't let me submit my application because it reads that the payment section is still incomplete

I am running into the exact same issue, How were you able to submit your application?

Anyone here that gets fee waivers and has problems submitting their application? It says my fee has been paid for already but it won't let me submit my application because it reads that the payment section is still incomplete

I am running into the exact same issue, How were you able to submit your application?
So when you are ready to submit. Click waiver and the type you have. They will send you an email within 24-48 hours (mine was the next day) and you will be submit once you get the e-mail

Any current students choose VCOM-Auburn over ACOM? What made you choose VCOM?

Any current students choose VCOM-Auburn over ACOM? What made you choose VCOM?
Yes, I did. They were both really nice schools and similar stats. However, I decided to come to Auburn because of the community and the environment. VCOM also had better mission trips and clubs that's I was interested in. I was also interested in ACOM's med wars though. However, the community here won my heart. Honestly, it's a personal preference. Both schools are great. I just like VCOM better. Let me know if you have any specific questions about VCOM. I'm happy to answer them.

Any safe and quiet apartment complexes in Auburn?
Hello, I am sorry for replying late. There are few apartments around auburn that are cheap, and nice. I currently live in Magnolia. We have a lot of VCOM students here. Thi place is good for the price and they have security going around 24/7 so it is safe. Then, there are Samford apartments, eagle west, evergreen as well. If you don't mind being a little far from campus then the greens and fairways are good apartments. LMK if you want any further details. If you do decide to pick magnolia however lmk, I can refer you and get both of us deals :)

How does this school seem to be toward non traditional grad? I live in rural area in Alabama about 30 min north birmingham. I have worked past 10 years in radiology as radiology tech, and CNA 3 years prior, paying for college and raising a family.i really like what VCOM offers. Seems be great school. I noticed grandview medical center and Brookwood was possible clinical sites, both great hospitals have worked at and would love do my clinicals there.
I'm a current 3rd year at VCOM that just happened to stumble across this forum. VCOM has a lot of 'non traditional'. In my opinion, the students that had a previous career in the medical field outperform the other students in both the classroom and the clinical rotations. You should definitely apply if you are dedicated to studying for 4 years. If you have any questions, Ill try to check this form over the next few days.