2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know how many people they plan on accepting?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the “waitlist update” email as well. Interviewed 4/16. Did you get an official WL email?

Just got the “waitlist update” email as well. Interviewed 4/16. Did you get an official WL email?
I just got the email too! I just emailed Mrs. Brandi and asked her if this is the official WL decision since this is the first time I heard back from the school.

I just got the email too! I just emailed Mrs. Brandi and asked her if this is the official WL decision since this is the first time I heard back from the school.
Please let me know what she says! The update email made it seem like another formal email was sent, but this is the first form of communication I’ve received since the interview. When did you interview?

Please let me know what she says! The update email made it seem like another formal email was sent, but this is the first form of communication I’ve received since the interview. When did you interview?
I just got a reply back from her saying that this is the official WL offer. I interviewed on 4/14!

I'm going to drop this WL decision since I have an acceptance elsewhere.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed on March 31st, was emailed on April 7th that I was on the waiting list, and on April 30th I got an email that I was officially accepted. I was expecting them to call with the news so make sure to check your email regularly!

Anyone hear anything about waitlist yet?

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on March 31st, was emailed on April 7th that I was on the waiting list, and on April 30th I got an email that I was officially accepted. I was expecting them to call with the news so make sure to check your email regularly!
Just wondering what your stats or LizzyM score is?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
PSA: those with multiple acceptances, if you could pretty please make up your minds asap and notify schools of declining your seat so waitlist movement could begin asap, would be much appreciated!! Please and thank you!!!!

Just got the call- accepted off the waitlist! Super excited!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Just wondering if there is someplace in the portal for accepted students to see the current number of seats filled? I know some other schools have this in a "2024 class student composite/profile" section and it's updated daily. Accepted students have posted the updated count every week for waitlisted students to gauge upcoming movement.

Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked?

I'm pretty sure it is ranked. I interviewed pretty early on, but some people who interviewed after me got accepted. I actually think that 1-2 people from my interview group were accepted, the others were waitlisted.

Thank you both! I emailed Mrs. Chambless with my updates since I had an interview and was told that the current waitlist movement is very slow

Does anyone know if they are giving our offers for next years class to waitlisted students? I know they do that for other campuses

Does anyone know if they are giving our offers for next years class to waitlisted students? I know they do that for other campuses

That's a good question to ask them. I remember one of my friends did this in Alabama.

Last edited:
I know VCOM-Virginia does and since they are all under a parent operation i’d assume VCOM-Louisiana would too, but it doesn’t hurt to ask Mrs. Chambless

I got an update from Mrs. Chambless. She believes there will not be any more movement :( Looks like it's time to reapply. Good luck on other waitlists that you may have and good luck to everyone that have to reapply.

Reactions: 2 users
On 5/20, I was informed that I was 15th on the waitlist.
On 5/22, I was advised to go somewhere else if I have an acceptance or reapply.
On today, I received an acceptance!!
Please please please do not lose hope!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Heyyyy congrats dude!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!!!!!

So proud of you!!

That's awesome congratulations! Who did you contact to know your place on the waitlist? I interviewed 4/9 and was on the waitlist by 4/30. That would be nice to know if there is still a chance.

Thank you all so much!!!!

Congratulations!!! Very happy for you!

Does anyone know if classes will be starting online or will be on campus??? Louisiana was hit pretty hard by COVID.

Does anyone know if classes will be starting online or will be on campus??? Louisiana was hit pretty hard by COVID.

They’re supposed to be in person!

Orientation is suppose to be virtual as of now (although there are parts of orientation that may have to be in person such as getting our badges). No confirmation that classes will be in person yet. They’re still figuring things out.

Also just another PSA: Those with multiple acceptances/ that already know where they want to go, if you can please notify schools asap to drop your seats/ remove you from waitlists, that would be so appreciated!! This is the last month of hope for WL movement for those of us without any acceptances. And we'd rather hear back sooner than last minute so we can arrange housing, etc. Thanks!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just declined my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you very well deserving individuals :)

Do students that have/ will be accepted recently from waitlist still need to complete the basic life support certification or has that been waived due to covid-19?? My city's been closed up pretty much since early March so....

Last edited:
Hey everyone! There are still people declining their acceptances to attend other schools so don’t lose hope!

Do students that have/ will be accepted recently from waitlist still need to complete the basic life support certification or has that been waived due to covid-19?? My city's been closed up pretty much since early March so....
If you are able to complete BLS where you live, that would be ideal, but the school is now offering the in-class portion of the training on campus in July if you’re having difficulty finding a class. You would still have to do the online portion before your scheduled class date.

I can’t believe it happened but I just got the call that I’m accepted! Very excited to be part of the first class. Thank you everyone for the support! If you are still waiting for an A keep going! I was going to send my applications in again on the 27th before I got the news today. So shocked and so happy! :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
I can’t believe it happened but I just got the call that I’m accepted! Very excited to be part of the first class. Thank you everyone for the support! If you are still waiting for an A keep going! I was going to send my applications in again on the 27th before I got the news today. So shocked and so happy! :soexcited:
Yay congratulations!!

Hey everyone! There are still people declining their acceptances to attend other schools so don’t lose hope!
Thanks for the motivation!!!! How do you know this? Are they saying anything on the Facebook page?

Thanks for the motivation!!!! How do you know this? Are they saying anything on the Facebook page?
No problem!! Some have posted that they will be attending school elsewhere in the class group chat and some students in the chat have spoken to people personally who have accepted other offers and just haven’t announced it publicly.

No problem!! Some have posted that they will be attending school elsewhere in the class group chat and some students in the chat have spoken to people personally who have accepted other offers and just haven’t announced it publicly.
Hey where is this class group chat? FB? Lol. Was accepted mid June but haven't joined the FB group, do you think I'm missing out?

Last edited:
Hey where is this class group chat? FB? Lol. Was accepted mid July but haven't joined the FB group, do you think I'm missing out?
We have a fb group and a WhatsApp chat (with no school admin/personnel) - the WhatsApp has been great to get to know people! The fb group has a lot of info about the school and Monroe or people looking for roommates, etc. most students have introduced themselves in the fb group too.