2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was accepted off the waitlist yesterday morning however I just called to decline the acceptance. I hope it goes to one of you guys! Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Was accepted off the waitlist yesterday morning however I just called to decline the acceptance. I hope it goes to one of you guys! Good luck!!
Same here! Got off the waitlist this afternoon after initially interviewing in March, but ultimately decided to decline my acceptance in favor of a more established school. Best of luck to those still on the waitlist and to the incoming VCOM LA students!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone with low stats received an interview or acceptance utilizing the last “120 hour” rule?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students care to comment about the safety of the area? I’m really scared to be living one my own just by looking at the crimes rate.

Any current students care to comment about the safety of the area? I’m really scared to be living one my own just by looking at the crimes rate.
As I mentioned in previous posts on this thread, I'm an OMS1 at this campus. I keep getting asked about the safety of the Monroe area with respect to crime rates. While this is verified true, I have not heard of a single one of my classmates experiencing crime thus far. Campus police patrol campus with significant frequency. Let's be honest though, we current (and future) medical students spend most of our time inside studying anyway, so we are usually not the first to know of any nefarious activities going on, even those occurring nearby.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does any one have recommendations with regards to safe apartment complexes? Especially ones with medical students.

Does any one have recommendations with regards to safe apartment complexes? Especially ones with medical students.
OMS1 here! The Reserve, Evangeline Townhomes, and Park Place are some good ones!

VCOM-LA also offers on-campus housing through University of Louisiana-Monroe