2019-2020 Florida International

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Are post-interview letters of intent frowned upon if a decision has not been made yet?

my app changed to review pending at some point in last two weeks not sure exactly when. Submitted in September.

any recent acceptances?

I Am currently waitlisted and spoke to admissions today and they said it is first come first serve? But then at the interview they said it’s in ranked until it’s time to pull and then they go through everyone again? I’ve heard a different thing every time I’ve asked about it so I’m confused about what method they use to pull. Can anyone confirm exactly what happens?

I Am currently waitlisted and spoke to admissions today and they said it is first come first serve? But then at the interview they said it’s in ranked until it’s time to pull and then they go through everyone again? I’ve heard a different thing every time I’ve asked about it so I’m confused about what method they use to pull. Can anyone confirm exactly what happens?
when did you get waitlisted? I also heard that it’s an unranked waitlist until they need to pull students off of it. What do you mean by first come first serve? as in the first students who interviewed?

Reactions: 1 user
when did you get waitlisted? I also heard that it’s an unranked waitlist until they need to pull students off of it. What do you mean by first come first serve? as in the first students who interviewed?
i got waitlisted at the end of november. and yeah, essentially she said the earlier you interviewed the better ur chance of getting pulled off the WL and she used the term first come first serve. but i have never heard that before so now i am even more confused than before i called (this phone call was today)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t interviewed here, but I’m guessing she means that the students they interviewed first were the cream of the crop, not necessarily just the earliest submitted, so it’s likely they would have a higher ranking overall and will be pulled off the waitlist first. Of course, idk for sure, but that’s what makes sense to me.

Have any Jan 6 interviews heard back yet? They said today!

Congrats to everyone accepted today! Anyone know when the last interview date is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepted via phone today! Interviewed 1/10, OOS

Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know around how many of the interviewees are accepted?

Does anyone recall whether or not we need to send FAFSA to be considered for their merit-based scholarships? Or do they just look at your application materials? (And use FAFSA for the other need-based one)

Is there a Facebook group for accepted students? Sorry if this has already been answered, my phone is glitching and won’t let me scroll back to previous pages

My status still reads "Secondary Application Completed." Lol come on FIU!

Does anyone know when the second look day is planned for?

I was accepted last week but I still haven't received the email to pay for my seat deposit. Does anyone know how long this can take?

I was accepted last week but I still haven't received the email to pay for my seat deposit. Does anyone know how long this can take?
You don't need a deposit to accept your seat. You just accept it on the portal.

II today for Feb 24th. Submitted Oct 21st. Sent an update on 2/4

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone have any idea when they will likely start looking at the waitlist? Is the last interview day still around early March this year?
they start looking after april 30. so probably may 2nd or 3rd the first people will start to be pulled from the waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
With STEP 1 becoming P/F now, FIU is gonna have to change their curriculum up big time (due to their heavy focus on high STEP 1 scores). Thoughts on this anyone?

Reactions: 2 users
With STEP 1 becoming P/F now, FIU is gonna have to change their curriculum up big time (due to their heavy focus on high STEP 1 scores). Thoughts on this anyone?

Probably will shorten preclinical to take Step 2 CK earlier.

Id reach out to the school to get an answer to this. They do have grades so that might be a positive I guess as it gives PDs some sort of metric.

Probably will shorten preclinical to take Step 2 CK earlier.

Id reach out to the school to get an answer to this. They do have grades so that might be a positive I guess as it gives PDs some sort of metric.
They are actually switching to pass/fail instead of grades. That’s what they told us on interview day.

They are actually switching to pass/fail instead of grades. That’s what they told us on interview day.
Yeah they said that but for my interview at least they didn't seem to know when that would actually be implemented and if it would be a transition or sudden switch

It sounded like it was going to be implemented for the class of 2024

edit: I could be wrong tho :D

Last edited:
Final review completed today on portal. Not too hopeful for an interview at this point so late in the game but will be in Miami for another one in the coming weeks so could be nice to do both.

Has anyone else called the admissions office and confirmed the “first come, first serve” waitlist movement previously mentioned in this thread??