You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 George Washington
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I did, I’m interested to see what everyone else finds interestingRead through their website and see what interests you.
Ugh, struggling to write the clinical experience essay because 1) already mentioned it in my personal statement and spoke about why it was meaningful and 2) 350 characters is barely enough time to give it context to show why it was meaningful 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the portal down for anyone else...? I was literally hitting submit hahaha.
Is the portal down for anyone else...? I was literally hitting submit hahaha.
Yepp. Site won't load
Do you mind telling us roughly when you were placed on hold and when you were placed on under review again? Thanks for the moral support btw!
I was complete in early August, checked the portal some time in early September to see that I was on hold, happened to see I was "under review" in early November and got the invite the next day. Interviewed in January, got accepted late April after about a month on the wait list. It's a long process folks! Lol
Portal is back up just submitted.
Does working in a Dengue Virus lab for a summer trying to develop a diagnostic device that can rapidly detect the virus in low resource, high burden countries count as a Clinical Public Health experience?
hahaha okay, I didn't know if it was too researchy. thanks 🙂lol that was impressive just to read. Yes my friend, I think that counts! 🙂
I related my experience more broadly to my interest in being a physician. For example, I'm very interested in becoming a psychiatrist so I related my experience doing one-on-ones at a nursing center with a psych patient to how it has helped me develop skills I will need later on as a psychiatrist. Pretty much for me I formatted my application as personal statement = how experiences increased my intrinsic desire to be a doctor, secondary = how my experiences/potential GW experience (depending on the question) has/will build skills to help me be a better doctor.Ugh, struggling to write the clinical experience essay because 1) already mentioned it in my personal statement and spoke about why it was meaningful and 2) 350 characters is barely enough time to give it context to show why it was meaningful![]()
secondary = how my experiences/potential GW experience (depending on the question) has/will build skills to help me be a better doctor.
For the clinical experience, it didn't really ask for a connection to GW curricula/opportunites, nor where there enough characters to do any sort of "linking" to them.
I stated my role, what I was able to do, and last sentence was a reason why it was my most meaningful. Really cant write more than 3 maybe 4 sentences with 350 char limit
I didn't mean "connect the answer to GW curricula" for the clinical question, sorry if that was unclear. I meant more so "My z work at x facility has allowed me to develop y skill. I am grateful for this because y skill will help me to do w when I am a doctor/specialty."For the clinical experience, it didn't really ask for a connection to GW curricula/opportunites, nor where there enough characters to do any sort of "linking" to them.
I stated my role, what I was able to do, and last sentence was a reason why it was my most meaningful. Really cant write more than 3 maybe 4 sentences with 350 char limit
Last edited:
I just submitted my secondary, but I didn't get a confirmation email? did you guys get a confirmation email after submitting?
noI just submitted my secondary, but I didn't get a confirmation email? did you guys get a confirmation email after submitting?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a II
When we’re you complete?Just got a II
When we’re you complete?
I got the secondary July 1 and sent it back the same day
Iamnumber999
Full Member
Stats?
Just got an II !!!!!
Just got an interview!!!!!! I'm so amped, this is my first med interview as I received 0 last cycle!
Stats?
Iamnumber999
Full Member
People with interviews, when were u complete?
MCAT 511 sGPA: 3.80 uGPA: 3.90Stats?
I am an early decision applicant so that factored into their decision as well.
7/9People with interviews, when were u complete?
Hope4Me2BADoc
Full Member
II as well! Complete 7/4
II as well! Complete 7/4
Did your app say “under review?” I’ve been stuck on “complete” since I submitted 7/9.
Iamnumber999
Full Member
Stats?
II as well! Complete 7/4
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those with IIs, were y'all ever "on hold for re-review" or did you go straight from "under review" to II?
LizzyM is about a 70Stats?
Hope4Me2BADoc
Full Member
Did your app say “under review?” I’ve been stuck on “complete” since I submitted 7/9.
Yeah I was on complete for a while and then noticed late last week (probably around Wednesday or Thursday) that I was under review.
Hope4Me2BADoc
Full Member
Those with IIs, were y'all ever "on hold for re-review" or did you go straight from "under review" to II?
Went straight from under review to II
Hope4Me2BADoc
Full Member
Stats?
LM 71
Sorry where does it say that? I just have a green paragraph at the top of my app portal. Is that what you're referring to?Yeah I was on complete for a while and then noticed late last week (probably around Wednesday or Thursday) that I was under review.
What interview dates did you guys get? Is it assigned or do you get to choose, and is August (removed for anonymity) available? I have an interview scheduled at Georgetown for (removed for anonymity) and just sent GW an ITA email, hoping they are receptive and offer me an interview :c Flying to the DC area from the West Coast is a pain...
Last edited:
Those with IIs, were y'all ever "on hold for re-review" or did you go straight from "under review" to II?
No idea. I never checked the portal after submitting
They assigned me a day and I took it
I was never on hold. I submitted last tuesday and then the next day my status changed from complete to under review. It has been like that until today, but I'm an early decision applicant so that may be why.Those with IIs, were y'all ever "on hold for re-review" or did you go straight from "under review" to II?
What interview dates did you guys get? Is it assigned or do you get to choose, and is August 23rd available? I have an interview scheduled at Georgetown for August 22nd and just sent GW an ITA email, hoping they are receptive and offer me an interview :c Flying to the DC area from the West Coast is a pain...
They didn't really give options. The email just told you what day you were assigned and said that if you needed to reschedule to contact them at the email provided. Seems like they're sticking with only interviewing on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.I second this. Can anyone with an interview invitation let us know what dates are available for an interview at the end of August?
II for 9/13!!
Iamnumber999
Full Member
Got a II this is morning!
Edit: submitted July 6th
Edit: submitted July 6th
Last edited:
Got scheduled for Sept 6, but changed my date to be back to back with Georgetown for an August date 🙂 They are so accommodating!
Last edited:
They do have some august appointments but I don't know how early in the month they go (I don't want to give my exact day for the sake of anonymity)Did anyone get an interview invitation for August? I got one for 9/13.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got scheduled for Sept 6, but changed my date to be back to back with Georgetown for an August date 🙂 They are so accommodating!
Do you know if Georgetown allows invitees to reschedule? I applied there but haven’t gotten an II yet (complete on 7/12) and would love to schedule these for the same time.
Do you know if Georgetown allows invitees to reschedule? I applied there but haven’t gotten an II yet (complete on 7/12) and would love to schedule these for the same time.
Yes they have an online interview portal where you get to choose your date, and are permitted one reschedule. I initially set a date but rescheduled it to be aligned with GW, so bless GT for making it so easy!
What day did you submit?Got a II thg is morning!