2019-2020 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted!

Members don't see this ad.

Ugh, struggling to write the clinical experience essay because 1) already mentioned it in my personal statement and spoke about why it was meaningful and 2) 350 characters is barely enough time to give it context to show why it was meaningful :dead:

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the portal down for anyone else...? I was literally hitting submit hahaha.

It's down for me as well, can't get the application to open:/

Do you mind telling us roughly when you were placed on hold and when you were placed on under review again? Thanks for the moral support btw!

I was complete in early August, checked the portal some time in early September to see that I was on hold, happened to see I was "under review" in early November and got the invite the next day. Interviewed in January, got accepted late April after about a month on the wait list. It's a long process folks! Lol

Reactions: 5 users
Portal is back up just submitted.

Reactions: 1 user
Does working in a Dengue Virus lab for a summer trying to develop a diagnostic device that can rapidly detect the virus in low resource, high burden countries count as a Clinical Public Health experience?

Ugh, struggling to write the clinical experience essay because 1) already mentioned it in my personal statement and spoke about why it was meaningful and 2) 350 characters is barely enough time to give it context to show why it was meaningful :dead:
I related my experience more broadly to my interest in being a physician. For example, I'm very interested in becoming a psychiatrist so I related my experience doing one-on-ones at a nursing center with a psych patient to how it has helped me develop skills I will need later on as a psychiatrist. Pretty much for me I formatted my application as personal statement = how experiences increased my intrinsic desire to be a doctor, secondary = how my experiences/potential GW experience (depending on the question) has/will build skills to help me be a better doctor.

secondary = how my experiences/potential GW experience (depending on the question) has/will build skills to help me be a better doctor.

For the clinical experience, it didn't really ask for a connection to GW curricula/opportunites, nor where there enough characters to do any sort of "linking" to them.

I stated my role, what I was able to do, and last sentence was a reason why it was my most meaningful. Really cant write more than 3 maybe 4 sentences with 350 char limit

Reactions: 1 users
For the clinical experience, it didn't really ask for a connection to GW curricula/opportunites, nor where there enough characters to do any sort of "linking" to them.

I stated my role, what I was able to do, and last sentence was a reason why it was my most meaningful. Really cant write more than 3 maybe 4 sentences with 350 char limit
I didn't mean "connect the answer to GW curricula" for the clinical question, sorry if that was unclear. I meant more so "My z work at x facility has allowed me to develop y skill. I am grateful for this because y skill will help me to do w when I am a doctor/specialty."

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my secondary, but I didn't get a confirmation email? did you guys get a confirmation email after submitting?

Submitted; no confirmation email (just for payment not of completion)

Just got an interview!!!!!! I'm so amped, this is my first med interview as I received 0 last cycle!

Reactions: 20 users
II! complete 7/1

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Those with IIs, were y'all ever "on hold for re-review" or did you go straight from "under review" to II?

Yeah I was on complete for a while and then noticed late last week (probably around Wednesday or Thursday) that I was under review.
Sorry where does it say that? I just have a green paragraph at the top of my app portal. Is that what you're referring to?

What interview dates did you guys get? Is it assigned or do you get to choose, and is August (removed for anonymity) available? I have an interview scheduled at Georgetown for (removed for anonymity) and just sent GW an ITA email, hoping they are receptive and offer me an interview :c Flying to the DC area from the West Coast is a pain...

Last edited:
Those with IIs, were y'all ever "on hold for re-review" or did you go straight from "under review" to II?
I was never on hold. I submitted last tuesday and then the next day my status changed from complete to under review. It has been like that until today, but I'm an early decision applicant so that may be why.

What interview dates did you guys get? Is it assigned or do you get to choose, and is August 23rd available? I have an interview scheduled at Georgetown for August 22nd and just sent GW an ITA email, hoping they are receptive and offer me an interview :c Flying to the DC area from the West Coast is a pain...
I second this. Can anyone with an interview invitation let us know what dates are available for an interview at the end of August?
They didn't really give options. The email just told you what day you were assigned and said that if you needed to reschedule to contact them at the email provided. Seems like they're sticking with only interviewing on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.

Got a II this is morning!

Edit: submitted July 6th

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Got scheduled for Sept 6, but changed my date to be back to back with Georgetown for an August date :) They are so accommodating!

Last edited:
Did anyone get an interview invitation for August? I got one for 9/13.
They do have some august appointments but I don't know how early in the month they go (I don't want to give my exact day for the sake of anonymity)

Got scheduled for Sept 6, but changed my date to be back to back with Georgetown for an August date :) They are so accommodating!

Do you know if Georgetown allows invitees to reschedule? I applied there but haven’t gotten an II yet (complete on 7/12) and would love to schedule these for the same time.

Do you know if Georgetown allows invitees to reschedule? I applied there but haven’t gotten an II yet (complete on 7/12) and would love to schedule these for the same time.

Yes they have an online interview portal where you get to choose your date, and are permitted one reschedule. I initially set a date but rescheduled it to be aligned with GW, so bless GT for making it so easy!

Also got an II!! Complete early July. As a reapplicant, I am unbelievably excited haha

Reactions: 8 users