2019-2020 George Washington

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For everyone who got an interview, once you sent an email to GW confirming your name, AAMC ID, and date, did you hear back from anyone? I'm being a bit neurotic but is there a confirmation that your confirmation has been received?

I have not yet heard anything back either. I did get a confirmation email reply last year though when I got an II sooo I would assume we’ll hear back? However last year they replied back in like 5 minutes so I’m not sure haha

EDIT: Just got a reply
 
Last edited:
For everyone who got an interview, once you sent an email to GW confirming your name, AAMC ID, and date, did you hear back from anyone? I'm being a bit neurotic but is there a confirmation that your confirmation has been received?
Yeah, they replied to my email this morning.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For everyone who got an interview, once you sent an email to GW confirming your name, AAMC ID, and date, did you hear back from anyone? I'm being a bit neurotic but is there a confirmation that your confirmation has been received?
Yes, I got an email this morning
 
For those put on hold for re-review, did your status immediately change from "complete" to "on-hold?" Or did it go from "complete" to "under review" to "on-hold?" Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7/7 still labeled as "complete." Does anyone know if some people's status never changes to "under review" and just get an auto rejection eventually?

Take this with a grain of salt bc I have the memory of a goldfish, but I'm pretty sure mine never changed to under review, just stayed as complete. Could be wrong tho!
 
Does anyone else have the "your file is complete" status even after submitting/being complete over a week ago? I was complete 7/12 and still haven't moved to "under review" or anything.
I think various adcoms review at various speeds! Also, some applicants with high stats or URM status may get priority. I wouldn't worry too much. (Coming from a fellow applicant who is aggressively refreshing the portal lol)
 
Does anyone else have the "your file is complete" status even after submitting/being complete over a week ago? I was complete 7/12 and still haven't moved to "under review" or anything.
I was complete 7/10 and still have the same "your file is complete" status if it makes you feel any better!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just noticed an "on-hold notice" on my application... Does that mean auto rejection? I know I saw this question earlier but no definitive answer.
 
In your essays, to save space, did you refer to them at GW or full name?
 
Just noticed an "on-hold notice" on my application... Does that mean auto rejection? I know I saw this question earlier but no definitive answer.
No, based on forums from past cycles something like 90% of applicants get put on hold. From what I can tell GW seems to have a first wave of IIs given out in July and then again around September/October, after that they seem to trickle in periodically over the winter.
 
No, based on forums from past cycles something like 90% of applicants get put on hold. From what I can tell GW seems to have a first wave of IIs given out in July and then again around September/October, after that they seem to trickle in periodically over the winter.
Where does it say "on-hold" I'm confused about how to view the status.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad