2019-2020 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For everyone who got an interview, once you sent an email to GW confirming your name, AAMC ID, and date, did you hear back from anyone? I'm being a bit neurotic but is there a confirmation that your confirmation has been received?

I have not yet heard anything back either. I did get a confirmation email reply last year though when I got an II sooo I would assume we’ll hear back? However last year they replied back in like 5 minutes so I’m not sure haha

EDIT: Just got a reply

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For everyone who got an interview, once you sent an email to GW confirming your name, AAMC ID, and date, did you hear back from anyone? I'm being a bit neurotic but is there a confirmation that your confirmation has been received?
Yeah, they replied to my email this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today morning, first of my reapplication cycle!

It's set for September 5th

Completed 7/1 Regular Decision

Reactions: 6 users
Yes, I got an email this morning

Anyone still just marked as "complete" and not under review? Submitted 7/8.

Reactions: 2 users
For those put on hold for re-review, did your status immediately change from "complete" to "on-hold?" Or did it go from "complete" to "under review" to "on-hold?" Thanks!

For those put on hold for re-review, did your status immediately change from "complete" to "on-hold?" Or did it go from "complete" to "under review" to "on-hold?" Thanks!
I never noticed an "under review" stage on the portal, but I also wasn't checking it every 2 hours so who knows

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Just got an II this evening! I am over the moon. This is my top school.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First II ever! Complete in early July, LM 72 (low GPA/high MCAT combo)

SCREECHES—I got a II !!!! LM 75

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
7/7 still labeled as "complete." Does anyone know if some people's status never changes to "under review" and just get an auto rejection eventually?

7/7 still labeled as "complete." Does anyone know if some people's status never changes to "under review" and just get an auto rejection eventually?

Take this with a grain of salt bc I have the memory of a goldfish, but I'm pretty sure mine never changed to under review, just stayed as complete. Could be wrong tho!

just got an II!!!! my first one!!! i'm shaking
submitted and complete on 7/14

Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone else have the "your file is complete" status even after submitting/being complete over a week ago? I was complete 7/12 and still haven't moved to "under review" or anything.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone else have the "your file is complete" status even after submitting/being complete over a week ago? I was complete 7/12 and still haven't moved to "under review" or anything.
I think various adcoms review at various speeds! Also, some applicants with high stats or URM status may get priority. I wouldn't worry too much. (Coming from a fellow applicant who is aggressively refreshing the portal lol)

Reactions: 1 users
I was complete 7/10 and still have the same "your file is complete" status if it makes you feel any better!

On hold for a re-review... has anyone with this status been granted an interview?

II received this AM, my first one! Submitted July 11th. Stats are 3.73, 517 for anyone curious

Just noticed an "on-hold notice" on my application... Does that mean auto rejection? I know I saw this question earlier but no definitive answer.

In your essays, to save space, did you refer to them at GW or full name?

In your essays, to save space, did you refer to them at GW or full name?
I used GW (I may have written it out once, can't remember, but considering they use it in the prompt it is probably okay to use GW)

Just noticed an "on-hold notice" on my application... Does that mean auto rejection? I know I saw this question earlier but no definitive answer.
No, based on forums from past cycles something like 90% of applicants get put on hold. From what I can tell GW seems to have a first wave of IIs given out in July and then again around September/October, after that they seem to trickle in periodically over the winter.

No, based on forums from past cycles something like 90% of applicants get put on hold. From what I can tell GW seems to have a first wave of IIs given out in July and then again around September/October, after that they seem to trickle in periodically over the winter.
Where does it say "on-hold" I'm confused about how to view the status.

You would see it if you had it. It's in green text in a box at the top of the page when you first log into the portal.
I think mine just says complete and ready for review or whatever then

Just noticed an on hold for re-review. LM ~76. Pretty bummed ngl.

Reactions: 3 users
Multiple, but it doesn't really matter.
I also did multiple but only because my 'why us' has two separate themes that didn't make sense to lump together. I don't think the committee cares.