2019-2020 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted yesterday!!! Interviewed late October, waitlisted in December. My top choice :)
Congratsss!!! Do u mind if i ask what ur stats were??

Members don't see this ad.

Based on these posts on people getting off the WL, I'm guessing the time of day in which you can receive an email from GW can vary?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how the Facebook group membership is shaping up? My anxiety is through the roof rn.

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly, I'm pretty stoked. I expected it to be like 160.
Yeah hopefully the facebook group is caught up, meaning they still have 40 or so seats to offer once people do start withdrawing acceptances like they're supposed to

Reactions: 3 users
We’re still in this guys!!!! Let’s not give up yet, there's lots of moving parts we probably don't even know about. Sorry if I scared anybody checking the thread for acceptance updates, but I wanted to share some positivity (>^_^)> <(^_^<)

Reactions: 5 users
We’re still in this guys!!!! Let’s not give up yet, there's lots of moving parts we probably don't even know about. Sorry if I scared anybody checking the thread for acceptance updates, but I wanted to share some positivity (>^_^)> <(^_^<)

Amen brother/sister!

There is a deposit to hold our seat right? Didn’t see anything about it in the emails and form
Yeah hopefully the facebook group is caught up, meaning they still have 40 or so seats to offer once people do start withdrawing acceptances like they're supposed to
There’s a Facebook group?

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a deposit to hold our seat right? Didn’t see anything about it in the emails and form

There’s a Facebook group?
There are no deposits, and yes, there is a Facebook group. You should have received information about it in your email.

There are no deposits, and yes, there is a Facebook group. You should have received information about it in your email.
I'm guessing you're referring to an email that you get after signing the notice of acceptance?

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Based on these posts on people getting off the WL, I'm guessing the time of day in which you can receive an email from GW can vary?
Yes it seems to be all over the place

After being accepted from the waitlist and submitting the Notice of Acceptance, does anyone know when we receive our GW Student ID # so we could go ahead and fill out the financial aid request form? Is there a due date for this form?

After being accepted from the waitlist and submitting the Notice of Acceptance, does anyone know when we receive our GW Student ID # so we could go ahead and fill out the financial aid request form? Is there a due date for this form?
I emailed them and they said it would be a few days. I have yet to receive mine.

Reactions: 1 users
I kinda hate that I noticed this but it actually went up to 147 and then down to 146 again *insert eyes emoji*

HAHA this is the kind of precision I’m looking for to calm my anxiety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is it worth updating the school if a poster I was co-author for is being presented at the American Society of Gene and Cell Therapy conference next week, or is it just a waste of time so late in the game

is it worth updating the school if a poster I was co-author for is being presented at the American Society of Gene and Cell Therapy conference next week, or is it just a waste of time so late in the game
I say definitely do it! If anything it'll show youre still interested

Tbt to when 17 people got off waitlist last year just off SDN and this year there ain’t much

much sad

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Don't you guys think there'll be more movement based off the current number of people in the Facebook group?

Don't you guys think there'll be more movement based off the current number of people in the Facebook group?
yeah i feel like there will be for sure! does anyone know if they are still sending those interest emails first and then the real acceptance or what?

Last year it seemed like once the initial WL was done, they went straight to acceptance. That’s what it seemed like to me according to how people were posting on the thread.

• Wow
There are no deposits

wait is this true?! I have a DO acceptance that I have to confirm In 2 days with a non refundable deposit. if GWU doesn't have a deposit that would make me feel 1000x better about losing the previous one if I get accepted

wait is this true?! I have a DO acceptance that I have to confirm In 2 days with a non refundable deposit. if GWU doesn't have a deposit that would make me feel 1000x better about losing the previous one if I get accepted
yes, it is true

Is the class full?
As of right now the GW MD Class of 2024 Facebook group has 152 members, with at least one of those being the admin (GW Admissions). Not sure how reliable the FB group size is for measuring class fullness though!

As of right now the GW MD Class of 2024 Facebook group has 152 members, with at least one of those being the admin (GW Admissions). Not sure how reliable the FB group size is for measuring class fullness though!
It is definitely not a good measure of class fullness. I have been accepted since February and the number of people on the Facebook page has stayed relatively stagnant. It also takes a while for people to receive the email with the accepted student information (It took me over 2 weeks to get mine).

Me every day: " Okay today is the day" .... Me at 5pm: " Tomorrow is the day!".

I hope you all are keeping the hope, but also taking care of yourselves. Fingers crossed we'll see some more movement soon.

Reactions: 6 users
Not sure how to gauge if I have a shot off the waitlist here. Sent in multiple updates, but radio silence from them...

Me every day: " Okay today is the day" .... Me at 5pm: " Tomorrow is the day!".

I hope you all are keeping the hope, but also taking care of yourselves. Fingers crossed we'll see some more movement soon.
Are we thinking COVID has delayed movement or do we think the class is pretty much full? I'll hold hope till the end!

Are we thinking COVID has delayed movement or do we think the class is pretty much full? I'll hold hope till the end!
I'm thinking COVID is slowing things down. Other schools have been super quiet too- probably bc meetings are happening virtually and it's harder to coordinate things between adcom. I'm assuming many accepted students might still be WL for their first choice schools, so maybe adcom has a rougher than usual estimate of A's available to be sent out.

I'm thinking COVID is slowing things down. Other schools have been super quiet too- probably bc meetings are happening virtually and it's harder to coordinate things between adcom. I'm assuming many accepted students might still be WL for their first choice schools, so maybe adcom has a rougher than usual estimate of A's available to be sent out.
This is what I'm thinking too. Here's to hoping for second half of the month movement!

Accepted today! I sent an email inquiring about alternate list movement, and Kevin Nies the director of admissions, told me it has not been impacted by COVID-19, and that the majority of movement will still likely be in May. As a follow-up he asked me a couple questions about my status and how GW ranked as well as if I had taken a look at the paperwork for financial aid. After I answered his questions he told me to expect an acceptance in the next day or so and I received one within the hour. Best of luck to all of you! I think more movement must be coming!

Reactions: 11 users
Accepted today! I sent an email inquiring about alternate list movement, and Kevin Nies the director of admissions, told me it has not been impacted by COVID-19, and that the majority of movement will still likely be in May. As a follow-up he asked me a couple questions about my status and how GW ranked as well as if I had taken a look at the paperwork for financial aid. After I answered his questions he told me to expect an acceptance in the next day or so and I received one within the hour. Best of luck to all of you! I think more movement must be coming!

Wait.. so you had financial aid paperwork prior to having an acceptance offer?

will you be attending here?

Wait.. so you had financial aid paperwork prior to having an acceptance offer?

Sorry I worded that weird. No he just asked me if I had submitted my FAFSA and taken a look at the required paperwork on the financial aid website for financial aid packages post acceptance

how long was the process of this email communication? you sending the first email to receiving acceptance?

I sent the email around 2p and received the official acceptance by 12:30p the next day

Last week, I got a similar email from Kevin Nies asking if I'd choose to attend GW and if I'd completed my FAFSA/looked at financial aid packages. I enthusiastically said yes, and he replied letting me know he'd convey the information to my file. Hope that's a good sign, but I'm not sure.

Last week, I got a similar email from Kevin Nies asking if I'd choose to attend GW and if I'd completed my FAFSA/looked at financial aid packages. I enthusiastically said yes, and he replied letting me know he'd convey the information to my file. Hope that's a good sign, but I'm not sure.
Did you email asking a specific question first? Also, had you sent an loi or anything?

did he email you or did you email first?