2019-2020 George Washington

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After being accepted from the waitlist and submitting the Notice of Acceptance, does anyone know when we receive our GW Student ID # so we could go ahead and fill out the financial aid request form? Is there a due date for this form?
 
is it worth updating the school if a poster I was co-author for is being presented at the American Society of Gene and Cell Therapy conference next week, or is it just a waste of time so late in the game
 
Don't you guys think there'll be more movement based off the current number of people in the Facebook group?
yeah i feel like there will be for sure! does anyone know if they are still sending those interest emails first and then the real acceptance or what?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are no deposits

wait is this true?! I have a DO acceptance that I have to confirm In 2 days with a non refundable deposit. if GWU doesn't have a deposit that would make me feel 1000x better about losing the previous one if I get accepted
 
As of right now the GW MD Class of 2024 Facebook group has 152 members, with at least one of those being the admin (GW Admissions). Not sure how reliable the FB group size is for measuring class fullness though!
It is definitely not a good measure of class fullness. I have been accepted since February and the number of people on the Facebook page has stayed relatively stagnant. It also takes a while for people to receive the email with the accepted student information (It took me over 2 weeks to get mine).
 
Me every day: " Okay today is the day" .... Me at 5pm: " Tomorrow is the day!".

I hope you all are keeping the hope, but also taking care of yourselves. Fingers crossed we'll see some more movement soon.
Are we thinking COVID has delayed movement or do we think the class is pretty much full? I'll hold hope till the end!
 
Are we thinking COVID has delayed movement or do we think the class is pretty much full? I'll hold hope till the end!
I'm thinking COVID is slowing things down. Other schools have been super quiet too- probably bc meetings are happening virtually and it's harder to coordinate things between adcom. I'm assuming many accepted students might still be WL for their first choice schools, so maybe adcom has a rougher than usual estimate of A's available to be sent out.
 
I'm thinking COVID is slowing things down. Other schools have been super quiet too- probably bc meetings are happening virtually and it's harder to coordinate things between adcom. I'm assuming many accepted students might still be WL for their first choice schools, so maybe adcom has a rougher than usual estimate of A's available to be sent out.
This is what I'm thinking too. Here's to hoping for second half of the month movement!
 
Accepted today! I sent an email inquiring about alternate list movement, and Kevin Nies the director of admissions, told me it has not been impacted by COVID-19, and that the majority of movement will still likely be in May. As a follow-up he asked me a couple questions about my status and how GW ranked as well as if I had taken a look at the paperwork for financial aid. After I answered his questions he told me to expect an acceptance in the next day or so and I received one within the hour. Best of luck to all of you! I think more movement must be coming!
 
Accepted today! I sent an email inquiring about alternate list movement, and Kevin Nies the director of admissions, told me it has not been impacted by COVID-19, and that the majority of movement will still likely be in May. As a follow-up he asked me a couple questions about my status and how GW ranked as well as if I had taken a look at the paperwork for financial aid. After I answered his questions he told me to expect an acceptance in the next day or so and I received one within the hour. Best of luck to all of you! I think more movement must be coming!

Wait.. so you had financial aid paperwork prior to having an acceptance offer?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Accepted today! I sent an email inquiring about alternate list movement, and Kevin Nies the director of admissions, told me it has not been impacted by COVID-19, and that the majority of movement will still likely be in May. As a follow-up he asked me a couple questions about my status and how GW ranked as well as if I had taken a look at the paperwork for financial aid. After I answered his questions he told me to expect an acceptance in the next day or so and I received one within the hour. Best of luck to all of you! I think more movement must be coming!
will you be attending here?
 
Wait.. so you had financial aid paperwork prior to having an acceptance offer?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I worded that weird. No he just asked me if I had submitted my FAFSA and taken a look at the required paperwork on the financial aid website for financial aid packages post acceptance
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted today! I sent an email inquiring about alternate list movement, and Kevin Nies the director of admissions, told me it has not been impacted by COVID-19, and that the majority of movement will still likely be in May. As a follow-up he asked me a couple questions about my status and how GW ranked as well as if I had taken a look at the paperwork for financial aid. After I answered his questions he told me to expect an acceptance in the next day or so and I received one within the hour. Best of luck to all of you! I think more movement must be coming!

how long was the process of this email communication? you sending the first email to receiving acceptance?
 
Accepted today! I sent an email inquiring about alternate list movement, and Kevin Nies the director of admissions, told me it has not been impacted by COVID-19, and that the majority of movement will still likely be in May. As a follow-up he asked me a couple questions about my status and how GW ranked as well as if I had taken a look at the paperwork for financial aid. After I answered his questions he told me to expect an acceptance in the next day or so and I received one within the hour. Best of luck to all of you! I think more movement must be coming!

Last week, I got a similar email from Kevin Nies asking if I'd choose to attend GW and if I'd completed my FAFSA/looked at financial aid packages. I enthusiastically said yes, and he replied letting me know he'd convey the information to my file. Hope that's a good sign, but I'm not sure.
 
Last week, I got a similar email from Kevin Nies asking if I'd choose to attend GW and if I'd completed my FAFSA/looked at financial aid packages. I enthusiastically said yes, and he replied letting me know he'd convey the information to my file. Hope that's a good sign, but I'm not sure.
Did you email asking a specific question first? Also, had you sent an loi or anything?
 
Last week, I got a similar email from Kevin Nies asking if I'd choose to attend GW and if I'd completed my FAFSA/looked at financial aid packages. I enthusiastically said yes, and he replied letting me know he'd convey the information to my file. Hope that's a good sign, but I'm not sure.

did he email you or did you email first?