2019-2020 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, can you tell me more about this email? I am still on the alternate waitlist, but I haven't received an emails from them. Thanks!
some alternate students (not me) got an email asking if they were still interested. apparently GW wanted to know whether they would attend if admitted. and if they responded yes, they got an acceptance. I'm wondering if GW wanted them to CTE or just PTE (as in, choose GW as their top choice, while remaining on other waitlists)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew from the WL. Time to move on with my life.

Good luck to you all

Reactions: 8 users
some alternate students (not me) got an email asking if they were still interested. apparently GW wanted to know whether they would attend if admitted. and if they responded yes, they got an acceptance. I'm wondering if GW wanted them to CTE or just PTE (as in, choose GW as their top choice, while remaining on other waitlists)
Prior to giving me an acceptance, I was asked if I am sure that GW would be the school that I will keep on the 30th (tomorrow). I was told that I can remain on other waitlists as of right now.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Prior to giving me an acceptance, I was asked if I am sure that GW would be the school that I will keep on the 30th (tomorrow). I was told that I can remain on other waitlists as of right now.
Nice ok thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I was wondering if I should still be hopeful if I did not receive any such emails?

Thank you! I was wondering if I should still be hopeful if I did not receive any such emails?
I would say yes!! It seems like on here (and from what was said at the alternate list zoom session) they send these out right before an offer to individuals, not in large batches, and WL movement had only just begun to trickle, I think most of the WL movement will be in the coming weeks with more of these emails!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Got an email earlier today about if I hold any current acceptances and if I would choose GW over other schools. Do I respond by replying to the email? Or do I gotta go through the portal?

Lol the way GW controls it's yeild is odd

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Sounds like you are being offered a position. Congratulations!
Respond to the email.
and if you want backup copy and paste into the portal.

I’m still on the WL, and submitted a letter of intent this past Sunday for GW. I received a DO acceptance yesterday (my first) that I’ll have to accept by May 14 the latest. Do I communicate this deadline with GW in hopes that they give me a decision sooner?

The deposit is what worries me. If GW doesn’t notify me before that deadline I risk losing the deposit from the DO school since it’s non-refundable. And I’m self supporting so it’s a substantial amount to me.

If I were you I would wait until May 12 or 13, then place the DO deposit down because that’s an acceptance you do have. GW may or may not come through any time between now and matriculation, so it’s best to hold your acceptance at your other school until another option arises.

That's what I figured. Do you think there's any merit to communicating this DO acceptance with GW? Or just leave it be?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew from the waitlist, good luck yall!

Reactions: 10 users
That's what I figured. Do you think there's any merit to communicating this DO acceptance with GW? Or just leave it be?
IIRC from what I've read on some threads here, an acceptance may be worthwhile mentioning if it is from a "higher tier" school than the one you are still on a WL for. I wouldn't mention the DO acceptance if I was in your position, but if GW is your top choice, I don't think a letter of intent would hurt if you haven't sent one yet!

IIRC from what I've read on some threads here, an acceptance may be worthwhile mentioning if it is from a "higher tier" school than the one you are still on a WL for. I wouldn't mention the DO acceptance if I was in your position, but if GW is your top choice, I don't think a letter of intent would hurt if you haven't sent one yet!

Hmm okay I understand. I did already send a letter of intent so now it’s a waiting game. I had a feeling that would be the consensus. If I end up getting accepted to GW after the deadline, I’ll just have to make peace with losing that previous deposit. C’est la vie ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know when most alternate list movement might begin?
I don't think anyone but GWU's admissions department would know for sure, but given the movement we've seen on this thread alone, I don't see why it wouldn't be the next couple weeks for the most part

Reactions: 5 users
Neurotically checking this thread for updates. :playful:

Reactions: 12 users
Does anyone know if the admissions office is open? I have tried to call multiple times and I get the voicemail every time

Does anyone know if the admissions office is open? I have tried to call multiple times and I get the voicemail every time
everyone is probably tele-working so they won’t be able to answer the phone. Email is your best bet

I believe the physical office is closed but they are meeting and communicating virtually. As mentioned above, email will be best

welp this silence is deafening, hoping that GW is getting ready for a lot of movement soon!

Reactions: 15 users
Sadly can’t login in to that without a GW account. Do we not need GWID for the financial aid forms?
Sorry that didn't help, I'm on the WL right now so I'm not sure what is needed for fin aid. I'm a GW alum and remember using that link to get set up. My apologies! I do know that IT is open until like 10pm so they may be able to help?

You should get an email from gwmed once you're accepted that tells you your GWID. I think on the financial aid forms it asked for your ID#

You should get an email from gwmed once you're accepted that tells you your GWID. I think on the financial aid forms it asked for your ID#
Weird, I never got one with a GWID. Guess i'll just call tomorrow. Thanks!!

Every time I get a notification from this thread and it’s a post by a student that’s already admitted I die a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: 12 users
Should I send in my final transcript or an unofficial update of my grades once I finish all of my classes if I'm on the waitlist?

I received an email from Diane McQuail asking me if I'm still interested

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 9 users
Diane McQuail just emailed me and offered a seat :)

stats: 514 MCAT, 3.68 cum gpa

question: I plan to accept it, but I am holding one other waitlist at a different medical school. If that medical school accepts me I would choose it over GW. When is the Committ to Enroll deadline at GW/ does it differ for students accepted off the waitlist?

Reactions: 16 users
Diane McQuail just emailed me and offered a seat :)

stats: 514 MCAT, 3.68 cum gpa

question: I plan to accept it, but I am holding one other waitlist at a different medical school. If that medical school accepts me I would choose it over GW. When is the Committ to Enroll deadline at GW/ does it differ for students accepted off the waitlist?
Congrats!!! The CTE deadline is July 15th, and no I dont think its different for you from the waitlist

For those accepted, do we simply turn in a signed Notice of Acceptance and wait to hear back regarding the next steps? I withdrew my acceptance elsewhere and really want to secure this lol

For those accepted, do we simply turn in a signed Notice of Acceptance and wait to hear back regarding the next steps? I withdrew my acceptance elsewhere and really want to secure this lol
Yes

Accepted yesterday!!! Interviewed late October, waitlisted in December. My top choice :)

Reactions: 6 users