2019-2020 Georgetown

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has there really not been any major WL movement here in the last week or so? I know at least the last couple years there was a lot of movement at the end of April/first couple days of May. I guess covid really is causing significant delays?
I've been wondering about the same thing, hopefully we can start to see some movement this week.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I absolutely love this school (still on waitlist) and in my heart I would jump to go if I got off, but how do you all justify the nearly 100k a year cost? Are most people getting scholarships from the school? I know that you should be able to pay it off with a attending’s salary, but it’s still just kinda mind boggling to me.

Edit: Also if anyone who currently attends could comment their opinion, I’d appreciate that as well
 
Last edited:
anyone know if Georgetown offers feedback to applicants? rejected here post-II way back in November and would love more insight :/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone think it’s worth emailing the admissions office to ask if they think any seats will open up? I want to keep waiting for Georgetown but I also don’t want to delay things at my other A.

If you already have an A it doesn’t hurt to ask.
 
Does anyone know how Gtown accepts people off the WL? seems like this was the first "wave," but now that the April 30 deadline has passed, I don't see how there would continue to be waves? Would it just be individual people coming off the waitlist and then deliberation?
 
I got accepted from the waitlist today!! Dr. Mitchell called around 5:30pmish. I started crying as soon as I heard that he was calling from Georgetown. GT was the top choice on my list, and I still feel like I’m dreaming. Good luck to those who are on the waitlist.
were you from the smp program or general pool of applicants?
anyone from sMP waitlist found out yet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First time US applicant here, does anyone know the odds of getting accepted off the waitlist at this point in time for GUSOM? Waitlisted in March, sent 2 LOI (intent) after and 1 update letter pre-decision. Kind of frustrated right now tbh. Thank you very much for any input.
 
First time US applicant here, does anyone know the odds of getting accepted off the waitlist at this point in time for GUSOM? Waitlisted in March, sent 2 LOI (intent) after and 1 update letter pre-decision. Kind of frustrated right now tbh. Thank you very much for any input.
I am in the same boat, except I was waitlisted in Feb :/ it is super frustrating, this is my first choice but I am having to move forward with my other offer at this point
 
I am in the same boat, except I was waitlisted in Feb :/ it is super frustrating, this is my first choice but I am having to move forward with my other offer at this point
Thanks for replying. I have no choice lol. Waitlisted by two schools, GUSOM and VCU, I don't have high hopes 🙁 Anyhow, best of luck to you!
 
I was accepted off of the waitlist on 5/10, and I still haven't received my financial aid information. Does anyone know how long it typically takes?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I'm not waiting on Georgetown, but I was curious to ask what the WL movement has been here over past 2-3 weeks?
 
I think pretty quiet since the May 10th wave. I hope more movement is coming soon.

The school I am waiting on has had 0 movement so far, and historically has taken 20-30% of incoming class from the WL, and its in the same tier as Georgetown.

Do you guys know about any other schools WL movement and if this is unique to "our" schools or if this is a covid-related change?
 
The school I am waiting on has had 0 movement so far, and historically has taken 20-30% of incoming class from the WL, and its in the same tier as Georgetown.

Do you guys know about any other schools WL movement and if this is unique to "our" schools or if this is a covid-related change?
Georgetown started WL movement a month earlier this year in February and has comparatively had more WL acceptances this year up to this point (based off info reported on SDN). Unfortunately, WL movement is school-specific so even though there has been more movement here, it's not a reliable indicator for other schools. If you have time, I highly recommend checking out the WL support thread. Adcom members like gyngyn have given useful info on general waitlist trends, like this year's WL movement is similar to last year's movement and that if your school has started WL movement, then it's a good sign for future movement to come. I hope everything works out for you though; good luck in getting off your WL! 🙂