May 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Have other early January interviewers not heard anything yet?

Jan 27, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
I was wondering the same thing, I submitted an update before I got my waitlist decision and then i sent one in a couple weeks ago after my decision, not sure when is the right time to send in another one and also idk what to say on it because I feel like I've said everything lol
This is the exact same thing as I did, one awkwardly right before getting waitlisted and one 2 weeks after hearing. Got in 3 weeks after my 2nd letter so I wouldn't send another unless there's something substantial to tell them.

About the Ads
Jan 30, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
This is the exact same thing as I did, one awkwardly right before getting waitlisted and one 2 weeks after hearing. Got in 3 weeks after my 2nd letter so I wouldn't send another unless there's something substantial to tell them.
Congrats on the A! Do you mind sharing when you got off the WL? I sent letter in early January, so I am wondering when I should send another.

Nov 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
How long does it typically take for them to get back to us with a decision

Reactions: somuchforhms
May 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Mine took 8 ish weeks and I interviewed in September lol
yeah they told us that they’d get back in 8-10 weeks and I interviewed Jan 10ish :/. Assuming it’s an R

Oct 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
yeah they told us that they’d get back in 8-10 weeks and I interviewed Jan 10ish :/. Assuming it’s an R
I’m sorry to hear that. Best of luck with the rest of your schools.
But to clarify, my admissions decision was an A. Interviewed 8/18 and heard via phone 11/9.

About the Ads
Feb 24, 2019
Can any current students speak to the environment and student culture at GUSOM? How competitive is it? Do students generally get along/become friends?

Reactions: alh123456
Oct 29, 2018
Can any current students speak to the environment and student culture at GUSOM? How competitive is it? Do students generally get along/become friends?
There's hardly any competition between students. We share notes, anki decks, study tips, etc with everyone. Students are generally very friendly with one another as well. The school is true P/F for everything, which brings down the stress significantly... I couldn't imagine doing this any way besides P/F

Jul 26, 2018
Check your email, I got an email/portal update a couple hours after I posted this. It turned out to be just another waitlist designation though.... the classic response I've been getting this cycle lol
Whaaat I just checked and have no email yet, but I thought my II went badly so I'm taking that as a bad sign.

About the Ads

SportsDoc18k

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Is the login and pw same as for the applicant portal? Tyty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, It's not the same as the portal. You have to set up your NetID first and then change the password from the default that was assigned to you. Then you can use the NetID and your new password to login into MyAccess

Reactions: SeamlessForFood
May 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone from Jan 09/10 interview still living in silence?

Reactions: ltgallagher12
May 21, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Sigh... Interviewed on 01/16/2020 and was wait-listed this morning. Anyone know the percentage of people getting accepted from wait list?

kyleekyle

2+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I just checked and have my financial aid package on the MyAccess portal

About the Ads
Mar 22, 2019
Received a 30k scholarship, does anyone know where that stands for their financial aid. Think I can ask for more or is that probably on the higher end?

SportsDoc18k

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Has anyone else not received their financial aid package yet?

Apr 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Is Georgetown known for not being generous with aid? My package was just loans :/
They’re definitely known for being expensive and not generous with aid.. They don’t do merit aid at all, so any aid you would have gotten would have been purely need based. I didn’t get any need-based aid either. I already have a lot of student debt so unfortunately this means I’m not going to be able to go to GT. Which sucks because I fit this school’s mission to a T and I really loved it. Oh well, I’m grateful just to have gotten an acceptance in the first place.

calvangri

10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2009
East Coast
Status
Medical Student
They’re definitely known for being expensive and not generous with aid.. They don’t do merit aid at all, so any aid you would have gotten would have been purely need based. I didn’t get any need-based aid either. I already have a lot of student debt so unfortunately this means I’m not going to be able to go to GT. Which sucks because I fit this school’s mission to a T and I really loved it. Oh well, I’m grateful just to have gotten an acceptance in the first place.
I was in the same boat so I decided to join the Air Force through the HPSP. It's a pretty good deal if you are interested in serving your country as a physician for a few years after you're done with residency. GUSoM has a really strong military presence and has the highest number of HPSP recipients per school (second to USUHS). And we have a lot of support from administration too. Hit me up if you have any questions and congratulations on being accepted to GUSoM.

Reactions: relax1234
About the Ads