You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Georgetown
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Second look day cancelled 🙁
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can any current students speak to the environment and student culture at GUSOM? How competitive is it? Do students generally get along/become friends?
There's hardly any competition between students. We share notes, anki decks, study tips, etc with everyone. Students are generally very friendly with one another as well. The school is true P/F for everything, which brings down the stress significantly... I couldn't imagine doing this any way besides P/F
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who interviewed for the MD-PhD program heard back yet?
Has anyone who interviewed for the MD-PhD program heard back yet?
I was about to ask the same thing haha, which probably means no
I was about to ask the same thing haha, which probably means no
Check your email, I got an email/portal update a couple hours after I posted this. It turned out to be just another waitlist designation though.... the classic response I've been getting this cycle lol
Whaaat I just checked and have no email yet, but I thought my II went badly so I'm taking that as a bad sign.Check your email, I got an email/portal update a couple hours after I posted this. It turned out to be just another waitlist designation though.... the classic response I've been getting this cycle lol
freedl21
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed for the MD-PhD program heard back yet?
heard back with a waitlist designation as well
Has anybody been able to access finaid on myaccess? Login, so far, is not working for me.
I have been able to login to my access but there hasn't been an award listed as of yet.Has anybody been able to access finaid on myaccess? Login, so far, is not working for me.
I have been able to login to my access but there hasn't been an award listed as of yet.
Is the login and pw same as for the applicant portal? Tyty
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, It's not the same as the portal. You have to set up your NetID first and then change the password from the default that was assigned to you. Then you can use the NetID and your new password to login into MyAccessIs the login and pw same as for the applicant portal? Tyty
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anyone from Jan 09/10 interview still living in silence?
Anyone from Jan 09/10 interview still living in silence?
LOL well got the R today boys — best of luck to everyone still in it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone get their financial aid yet?
Nope, I really hope they follow through with sending it out today!anyone get their financial aid yet?
Ooo interesting. Mine's still not up, but that makes me feel more optimistic that I might still get it today!I just checked and have my financial aid package on the MyAccess portal
Damn I feel so forgotten right now lol. No email or portal update yet....heard back with a waitlist designation as well
did you get an email?I just checked and have my financial aid package on the MyAccess portal
usctrojan24
Full Member
Since no one likes to post these...also R post II. My interviewer said I would be a great fit here haha. Congrats to those who were accepted!LOL well got the R today boys — best of luck to everyone still in it!
Burundiswana
New Member
Received a 30k scholarship, does anyone know where that stands for their financial aid. Think I can ask for more or is that probably on the higher end?
D
deleted996731
Rejected yesterday. Interviewed 1/10. Good luck peeps
Considering it is need based aid, probably not. Unless you have additional circumstances you did not disclose.Received a 30k scholarship, does anyone know where that stands for their financial aid. Think I can ask for more or is that probably on the higher end?
scorpion2020
Full Member
A lot of Rs yesterday unfortunately. Any As ?
Has anyone else not received their financial aid package yet?
They’re definitely known for being expensive and not generous with aid.. They don’t do merit aid at all, so any aid you would have gotten would have been purely need based. I didn’t get any need-based aid either. I already have a lot of student debt so unfortunately this means I’m not going to be able to go to GT. Which sucks because I fit this school’s mission to a T and I really loved it. Oh well, I’m grateful just to have gotten an acceptance in the first place.Is Georgetown known for not being generous with aid? My package was just loans :/
D
deleted289061
I was in the same boat so I decided to join the Air Force through the HPSP. It's a pretty good deal if you are interested in serving your country as a physician for a few years after you're done with residency. GUSoM has a really strong military presence and has the highest number of HPSP recipients per school (second to USUHS). And we have a lot of support from administration too. Hit me up if you have any questions and congratulations on being accepted to GUSoM.They’re definitely known for being expensive and not generous with aid.. They don’t do merit aid at all, so any aid you would have gotten would have been purely need based. I didn’t get any need-based aid either. I already have a lot of student debt so unfortunately this means I’m not going to be able to go to GT. Which sucks because I fit this school’s mission to a T and I really loved it. Oh well, I’m grateful just to have gotten an acceptance in the first place.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any February interviews receive decisions yet ?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn MD PhD R just now
dvsnfanatic
New Member
When did you interview?Damn MD PhD R just now
1/21When did you interview?
FutureDocPNW
Full Member
Accepted today, interviewed 1/13. OOS.
Wash your hands and stay safe!
Wash your hands and stay safe!
Last edited:
Accepted today, interviewed 1/22. OOS. So excited!
Accepted today, interviewed 1/15, OOS. I second FutureDoctorPNW: keep washing your hands, everyone, and stay healthy and safe during these crazy times!
scorpion2020
Full Member
Did anyone get accepted off the waitlist?
I was accepted off of the wait list last monthDid anyone get accepted off the waitlist?
scorpion2020
Full Member
Congrats man!! I was asking for this week thoughI was accepted off of the wait list last month
sorry man I thought you were asking about overall. but good luck, I hope you get some good news soon!Congrats man!! I was asking for this week though
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
anyone know if we have access to the 2020 match list?
Does anyone know if there is deadline for when we have to accept our financial aid package?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the R earlier today. Interviewed Feb 7th. Best of luck to you all [emoji1479]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
santaclause
Full Member
You should have gotten an email from an admin of the facebook group inviting you to join sent to your email that you applied to medical schools with on the AMCAS. But, the group name is also GUSOM Class of 2024.Does anyone know where I can go to find other class of 2024 students? I'm looking for an apartment and I can't find the facebook page.
sasquatch123
Full Member
Does anyone know if Georgetown is receptive to additional LORs (from my PI for gap year research) if you are on the waitlist? I would submit it through official AMCAS service...