You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Georgetown
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing when you sent your letter(s) of interest?Accepted from WL today!! Interviewed 12/5
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing when you sent your letter(s) of interest?
Letters on 10/8/19 and 3/2/20 for me. Just updates/interest, not intent. Second more strongly worded than first.
scorpion2020
Full Member
Congrats! Was that today ?Also accepted off WL!!although looks like won't be considered for financial aid
You should have gotten an email from an admin of the facebook group inviting you to join sent to your email that you applied to medical schools with on the AMCAS. But, the group name is also GUSOM Class of 2024.
Thanks! They didn't invite me/haven't responded to me trying to join the group but at least I found it? Lol
applyingMD
New Member
Is the virtual second look day live or will they be sending us prerecorded videos?
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
Can someone explain the dates for having to commit to Gtown? Is april 30 the date we have to commit and drop other schools, or is that June 1?
Can someone explain the dates for having to commit to Gtown? Is april 30 the date we have to commit and drop other schools, or is that June 1?
April 30th is the deadline to choose 1 of your acceptances, and drop all the others, but you can remain on any waitlists. Then for Georgetown on June 15 you have to select commit to enroll in AMCAS and withdraw from any waitlists.
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
Thanks! I really hope they give us some info soon then, Im just waiting on details (that we would have gotten from 2nd looks) to decideApril 30th is the deadline to choose 1 of your acceptances, and drop all the others, but you can remain on any waitlists. Then for Georgetown on June 15 you have to select commit to enroll in AMCAS and withdraw from any waitlists.
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
anyone know when theyre going to give us info tht we were supposed to get during 2nd looks? // are they doing a virtual 2nd look?
D
deleted289061
PM meAny current students willing to answer a few questions about Georgetown?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who interviewed and were ultimately accepted, how did your interview go? Did you think you crushed it? or did ok overall?
scorpion2020
Full Member
Currently on the waitlist but just curious, are you still waiting on a decision?For those who interviewed and were ultimately accepted, how did your interview go? Did you think you crushed it? or did ok overall?
yup!Currently on the waitlist but just curious, are you still waiting on a decision?
malmed1025
Full Member
I just got the acceptance call!!! Was on the waitlist!
Congrats!! Were you on the waitlist?I just got the acceptance call!!!
malmed1025
Full Member
Congrats!! Were you on the waitlist?
yes, sorry edited that in! Was waitlisted in March!
Congrats!!! A quick question. How many letters of interest did you send? I'm also waitlisted in March and am pondering whether I should send another one.yes, sorry edited that in! Was waitlisted in March!
malmed1025
Full Member
Thank you!! I sent one update letter and one letter of interest!Congrats!!! A quick question. How many letters of interest did you send? I'm also waitlisted in March and am pondering whether I should send another one.
Congrats to all acceptees! 😀
Has anyone received any merit/institutional aid from GT or do they not offer that?
Has anyone received any merit/institutional aid from GT or do they not offer that?
Congrats to all acceptees! 😀
Has anyone received any merit/institutional aid from GT or do they not offer that?
They only award need-based scholarships. I guess there was the Sarah Stewart scholarship but that’s only awarded to 4 people I think. I also think the app for it is over.
ILikePlants
& Puns
Withdrew my acceptance here last night. Tough choice but I hope it’s the best fit for someone else! Good luck everyone.
sasquatch123
Full Member
I'm sure this has been answered before (i'm sorry!) but I lost access to MSAR - so was just wondering what the WL movement was like for GUSOM?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They don't provide the WL info for GT on MSAR 🙁I'm sure this has been answered before (i'm sorry!) but I lost access to MSAR - so was just wondering what the WL movement was like for GUSOM?
tinytrain1
Full Member
Dumb question, but how do we check our aid? I don't think I ever got a myAccess link
Dumb question, but how do we check our aid? I don't think I ever got a myAccess link
GU Experience - Experience
At Georgetown University, we are committed to the modernization of our technical solutions. We are excited to announce the launch of a new self-service portal, GU Experience, which will be the central location for students and faculty to view course schedules, manage course registration, access...
tinytrain1
Full Member
Did accepted students find their netIDs through an email?
Did accepted students find their netIDs through an email?
I see mine on my secondary portal under the "pre-matriculation" tab and then go to "Georgetown University Electronic Credentials" tab on the left.
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
withdrew my acceptance, a little sad about it because I loved the school. good luck to everyone on the waitlist!
Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck to all on the WL
how do we withdraw?
send email to [email protected]how do we withdraw?
FutureDocPNW
Full Member
Withdrew my acceptance here - I wish everyone the best of luck with your future endeavors! See you on the other side 
Just withdrew. I hope my spot goes to one of you! Best wishes to all.
+1. Best of luck everyone!!Withdraw here today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sasquatch123
Full Member
For my fellow WL people, do you think they'll start sending things tomorrow? or is that too hopeful haha
For my fellow WL people, do you think they'll start sending things tomorrow? or is that too hopeful haha
I feel like it’s a little too hopeful haha. Unless they had like a very specified waitlist that they could just go down. But I think it’ll probably wait till next week
idiotreinventor
Full Member
are classes mandatory? are lectures recorded?
Majority of classes are not mandatory and are lecture captured. Mandatory classes are announced beforehand.are classes mandatory? are lectures recorded?
danishpastry1995
New Member
Has there really not been any major WL movement here in the last week or so? I know at least the last couple years there was a lot of movement at the end of April/first couple days of May. I guess covid really is causing significant delays?