2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted from WL earlier today. Interviewed 8/26/19.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing when you sent your letter(s) of interest?

Letters on 10/8/19 and 3/2/20 for me. Just updates/interest, not intent. Second more strongly worded than first.

Reactions: 1 user
Also accepted off WL!! :happy: although looks like won't be considered for financial aid

Reactions: 3 users
You should have gotten an email from an admin of the facebook group inviting you to join sent to your email that you applied to medical schools with on the AMCAS. But, the group name is also GUSOM Class of 2024.

Thanks! They didn't invite me/haven't responded to me trying to join the group but at least I found it? Lol

Are there any Facebook/Whatsapp group for Georgetown med school admits for the class of 2024?

• Dislike
Is the virtual second look day live or will they be sending us prerecorded videos?

Can someone explain the dates for having to commit to Gtown? Is april 30 the date we have to commit and drop other schools, or is that June 1?

Can someone explain the dates for having to commit to Gtown? Is april 30 the date we have to commit and drop other schools, or is that June 1?

April 30th is the deadline to choose 1 of your acceptances, and drop all the others, but you can remain on any waitlists. Then for Georgetown on June 15 you have to select commit to enroll in AMCAS and withdraw from any waitlists.

April 30th is the deadline to choose 1 of your acceptances, and drop all the others, but you can remain on any waitlists. Then for Georgetown on June 15 you have to select commit to enroll in AMCAS and withdraw from any waitlists.
Thanks! I really hope they give us some info soon then, Im just waiting on details (that we would have gotten from 2nd looks) to decide

anyone know when theyre going to give us info tht we were supposed to get during 2nd looks? // are they doing a virtual 2nd look?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students willing to answer a few questions about Georgetown?

For those who interviewed and were ultimately accepted, how did your interview go? Did you think you crushed it? or did ok overall?

Got accepted yesterday! Was on the waitlist since October. Interviewed in August!

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats!!! A quick question. How many letters of interest did you send? I'm also waitlisted in March and am pondering whether I should send another one.
Thank you!! I sent one update letter and one letter of interest!

Withdrew. Best of luck to everyone on the WL!!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to all acceptees! :D

Has anyone received any merit/institutional aid from GT or do they not offer that?

Congrats to all acceptees! :D

Has anyone received any merit/institutional aid from GT or do they not offer that?

They only award need-based scholarships. I guess there was the Sarah Stewart scholarship but that’s only awarded to 4 people I think. I also think the app for it is over.

Withdrew my acceptance yesterday, good luck everyone!

Withdrew my acceptance here last night. Tough choice but I hope it’s the best fit for someone else! Good luck everyone.

I'm sure this has been answered before (i'm sorry!) but I lost access to MSAR - so was just wondering what the WL movement was like for GUSOM?

Dumb question, but how do we check our aid? I don't think I ever got a myAccess link

Did accepted students find their netIDs through an email?

I see mine on my secondary portal under the "pre-matriculation" tab and then go to "Georgetown University Electronic Credentials" tab on the left.

• Love
June 15! I found that date in the recent newsletter.

withdrew my acceptance, a little sad about it because I loved the school. good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 6 users
Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck to all on the WL

Withdrew my acceptance here - I wish everyone the best of luck with your future endeavors! See you on the other side :bookworm:

Just withdrew. I hope my spot goes to one of you! Best wishes to all.

Withdraw here today

For my fellow WL people, do you think they'll start sending things tomorrow? or is that too hopeful haha

For my fellow WL people, do you think they'll start sending things tomorrow? or is that too hopeful haha

I feel like it’s a little too hopeful haha. Unless they had like a very specified waitlist that they could just go down. But I think it’ll probably wait till next week

Has there really not been any major WL movement here in the last week or so? I know at least the last couple years there was a lot of movement at the end of April/first couple days of May. I guess covid really is causing significant delays?

Reactions: 3 users