2019-2020 Georgetown

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do you say that?
I’d seen mass rejections/holds at other schools be a one day affair so at the end of yesterday I thought I was safe lol

1568764932210.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone complete on/around 7/20 heard anything at all? Just trying to see if the Rs or IIs have made their way down yet. Thanks!
 
So after submission, under status:
Does your portal say "Complete"? or "Under Review"?
 
Submitted 7/3 no news. does anybody know on how georgetown feels about updates? was going to say what i have been doing in my gap year since there was no place to put it on the secondary
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently interviewed here a few weeks ago. For those with upcoming interviews, look at the feedback thread for sample questions and practice those, I thought that was sufficient for prepping for my interview. I was the only URM there and didn't see myself getting along with the students who I interacted with (they seemed like squares tbh but I'm sure there are cool people and lames at every school). Had a negative experience with my interviewer based on our differing world views on social mobility (he said if you're working class it's because you're not smart) and how SES impacts one's health (he said it doesn't, I strongly disagree). City of DC is pretty cool, but otherwise this school did not come close to matching other schools I've interviewed at and I'd be really bummed if it ended up being my only acceptance.
 
Recently interviewed here a few weeks ago. For those with upcoming interviews, look at the feedback thread for sample questions and practice those, I thought that was sufficient for prepping for my interview. I was the only URM there and didn't see myself getting along with the students who I interacted with (they seemed like squares tbh but I'm sure there are cool people and lames at every school). Had a negative experience with my interviewer based on our differing world views on social mobility (he said if you're working class it's because you're not smart) and how SES impacts one's health (he said it doesn't, I strongly disagree). City of DC is pretty cool, but otherwise this school did not come close to matching other schools I've interviewed at and I'd be really bummed if it ended up being my only acceptance.
I hope he was testing you, if not wow.
 
I hope he was testing you, if not wow.
He was forsure not haha this came up at the very end of my interview after I asked him a pretty specific question about reconciling Georgetown's principle of caring for the whole person "Cura Personalis" with his practice as an anesthesiologist. He started by saying he doesn't really look at his patient's social circumstances and then it spiraled into all of that **** somehow. I politely nodded and promptly said I had no more questions after his spiel was done and dipped lmao
 
He was forsure not haha this came up at the very end of my interview after I asked him a pretty specific question about reconciling Georgetown's principle of caring for the whole person "Cura Personalis" with his practice as an anesthesiologist. He started by saying he doesn't really look at his patient's social circumstances and then it spiraled into all of that **** somehow. I politely nodded and promptly said I had no more questions after his spiel was done and dipped lmao
OMG I'm so sorry. That really sounds horrible. I can't believe that.
 
Recently interviewed here a few weeks ago. For those with upcoming interviews, look at the feedback thread for sample questions and practice those, I thought that was sufficient for prepping for my interview. I was the only URM there and didn't see myself getting along with the students who I interacted with (they seemed like squares tbh but I'm sure there are cool people and lames at every school). Had a negative experience with my interviewer based on our differing world views on social mobility (he said if you're working class it's because you're not smart) and how SES impacts one's health (he said it doesn't, I strongly disagree). City of DC is pretty cool, but otherwise this school did not come close to matching other schools I've interviewed at and I'd be really bummed if it ended up being my only acceptance.

Where can one find the feedback thread with sample questions that you mentioned?
 
Recently interviewed here a few weeks ago. For those with upcoming interviews, look at the feedback thread for sample questions and practice those, I thought that was sufficient for prepping for my interview. I was the only URM there and didn't see myself getting along with the students who I interacted with (they seemed like squares tbh but I'm sure there are cool people and lames at every school). Had a negative experience with my interviewer based on our differing world views on social mobility (he said if you're working class it's because you're not smart) and how SES impacts one's health (he said it doesn't, I strongly disagree). City of DC is pretty cool, but otherwise this school did not come close to matching other schools I've interviewed at and I'd be really bummed if it ended up being my only acceptance.

Yiiiiiiiikes!

(feeling less disappointed about the silence from Gtown at this point)
 
Last edited:
Yiiiiiiiikes!

(feeling less disappointed about the silence from Gtown at this point)
Just my experience tho! I’m not naive enough to think that this one interaction is representative of the mindsets of all the other faculty members. Aside from that negative experience, I just don’t think the school is a good fit for me. If you’re white, from the east coast, and don’t really care about research this could be a great school for you.
 
Just my experience tho! I’m not naive enough to think that this one interaction is representative of the mindsets of all the other faculty members. Aside from that negative experience, I just don’t think the school is a good fit for me. If you’re white, from the east coast, and don’t really care about research this could be a great school for you.

Yeah totally understand. Definitely, different strokes for different folks. Based on what you wrote, I was honestly taken aback that someone could say such a thing--something so close-minded and privileged. I hope your other interviews have been better than that one 🙂
 
Yeah totally understand. Definitely, different strokes for different folks. Based on what you wrote, I was honestly taken aback that someone could say such a thing--something so close-minded and privileged. I hope your other interviews have been better than that one 🙂
Thanks! They went very well, if I get into either of the other two I already interviewed at I will likely be deferring most future ones 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i personally had a really diverse interview group so I think it just varies

But I will agree that after having a couple of interviews (this being my first), this has ended up being one of my least favorites (except food- that was good)
 
I just got rejected from Georgetown, but I did tour the school and speak to their admissions committee. The school has a very strong preppy vibe and is probably right for the person that likes the idea of being a young professional in DC.
 
I just got rejected from Georgetown, but I did tour the school and speak to their admissions committee. The school has a very strong preppy vibe and is probably right for the person that likes the idea of being a young professional in DC.
Also got the R from Georgetown. That's super interesting. I was fortunate enough to interview at nearby GW and never got that vibe. Wonder why that is, considering both schools are like 10 minutes away from each other.