2019-2020 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted secondaries Aug 30 and am now wondering if it was meaningless because it was a very late submission. I work full time and had secondaries of 20 schools to write. I am also international but attended a U.S. college and currently work in research in a U,S, college. LM 75.5. Anyone in this forum submitted secondaries this late?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted secondaries Aug 30 and am now wondering if it was meaningless because it was a very late submission. I work full time and had secondaries of 20 schools to write. I am also international but attended a U.S. college and currently work in research in a U,S, college. LM 75.5. Anyone in this forum submitted secondaries this late?
If you were complete before Labor day, then you are still considered on time/early. Only if you were complete late September and onwards then I’d consider that late. Schools dont review apps in order of submission for interview and it’s still early in the game. Some adcoms mentioned that IIs start to pick up in October to early Nov so there’s still plenty of time to get an II.

Reactions: 2 users
If you were complete before Labor day, then you are still considered on time/early. Only if you were complete late September and onwards then I’d consider that late. Schools dont review apps in order of submission for interview and it’s still early in the game. Some adcoms mentioned that IIs start to pick up in October to early Nov so there’s still plenty of time to get an II.
Thank you very much for the quick reply. All my secondaries of 20 schools submitted between mid-Aug to mid-Sept.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you very much for the quick reply. All my secondaries of 20 schools submitted between mid-Aug to mid-Sept.

I submitted end of August as well. Its only been 2 weeks. You'll be fine

I submitted end of August as well. Its only been 2 weeks. You'll be fine
Thank you for your reply. I was a little worried because I am not a U.S. applicant. I am a Canadian. Thank you again.

Are there any current students at Georgetown that can talk about how most students pay for school? I interviewed here and absolutely loved it but the price tag is terrifying... Does the school offer a lot of aid or do students just take out massive loans of about 100k a year??

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Are there any current students at Georgetown that can talk about how most students pay for school? I interviewed here and absolutely loved it but the price tag is terrifying... Does the school offer a lot of aid or do students just take out massive loans of about 100k a year??
Have many friends that go here. Most of their families are wealthy enough to pay for it. But also massive loans. Definitely do not offer a lot of aid.

• Wow
Have many friends that go here. Most of their families are wealthy enough to pay for it. But also massive loans. Definitely do not offer a lot of aid.
I had one friend pick Georgetown over Columbia cause they offered her a bigger scholarship. Huge n=1 but for her to make that choice it must’ve been a big one.

Rejected. LM 70, OOS
Complete 6/30
good luck all!

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R from here, complete very early july. This stings coming in an hour after my NYU hold lol, fun Monday

• Sad
Big ole R! Best of luck to those still in the running!

Just got rejected as well!
Completed 6/30
LM 69
OOS
ORM

• Sad
Just got hit with the R. Bummed but appreciate the quick decision! Good luck everyone :cool:

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
+6 on the pre-II rejection. Good luck to everyone here! :)

Complete 7/1
LizzyM ~67
OOS, ORM

• Sad
Got that R as well, best of luck to everyone still under consideration!

• Sad
Got the big R today.
Complete early July.
LM 69
OOS
good luck to everyone

Brutal Monday. Sorry to hear this guys. Good luck at other schools!

Was everyone rejected complete early July? I took my time with the secondary and ended up being complete 8/02. Hopefully that means I’m still in the running?

complete July 3rd with no news, not sure where I stand

Brutal Monday. Sorry to hear this guys. Good luck at other schools!
Name of the game. Definitely a little disappointed (thought my secondary was one of my better written ones), but I appreciate the quick notice rather than ghosting us until the end of the cycle. Good luck my friend! :)

R, complete 07/01, LM 72. I'm a bit upset about it because I really want to move to Washington, DC. Because of this, GWU is the only way I can for med school now.

• Sad
+15 on the R wave here. Complete July 1.

• Sad
Keep in mind that Gtown receives almost 14k of apps so thousands of more Rs are yet to come

On that pre-II rejection boat as well - name of the game, folks! We'll find success elsewhere! GL to everyone still in the GU running!
Complete 7/3
LizzyM 69

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
R but tbh I should’ve expected this when I had to google “what is a Jesuit” prior to writing the secondary app lol

• Haha
Reactions: 47 users
Rrrrrrrejected. Low yield for a reason, I guess!

• Sad
R :(

This one hurts

• Sad