2019-2020 Georgetown

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted secondaries Aug 30 and am now wondering if it was meaningless because it was a very late submission. I work full time and had secondaries of 20 schools to write. I am also international but attended a U.S. college and currently work in research in a U,S, college. LM 75.5. Anyone in this forum submitted secondaries this late?
 
I submitted secondaries Aug 30 and am now wondering if it was meaningless because it was a very late submission. I work full time and had secondaries of 20 schools to write. I am also international but attended a U.S. college and currently work in research in a U,S, college. LM 75.5. Anyone in this forum submitted secondaries this late?
If you were complete before Labor day, then you are still considered on time/early. Only if you were complete late September and onwards then I’d consider that late. Schools dont review apps in order of submission for interview and it’s still early in the game. Some adcoms mentioned that IIs start to pick up in October to early Nov so there’s still plenty of time to get an II.
 
If you were complete before Labor day, then you are still considered on time/early. Only if you were complete late September and onwards then I’d consider that late. Schools dont review apps in order of submission for interview and it’s still early in the game. Some adcoms mentioned that IIs start to pick up in October to early Nov so there’s still plenty of time to get an II.
Thank you very much for the quick reply. All my secondaries of 20 schools submitted between mid-Aug to mid-Sept.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any current students at Georgetown that can talk about how most students pay for school? I interviewed here and absolutely loved it but the price tag is terrifying... Does the school offer a lot of aid or do students just take out massive loans of about 100k a year??
Have many friends that go here. Most of their families are wealthy enough to pay for it. But also massive loans. Definitely do not offer a lot of aid.
 
Have many friends that go here. Most of their families are wealthy enough to pay for it. But also massive loans. Definitely do not offer a lot of aid.
I had one friend pick Georgetown over Columbia cause they offered her a bigger scholarship. Huge n=1 but for her to make that choice it must’ve been a big one.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was everyone rejected complete early July? I took my time with the secondary and ended up being complete 8/02. Hopefully that means I’m still in the running?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad