2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternate List for SH Campus. Interviewed early March.

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if anyone has any info on this, but when accepting an offer from LECOM (and submitting the $2000 deposit) are you allowed to stay on waitlists for other schools? (both MD and DO) also if so are these schools able to see that you have accepted and submitted the deposit to lecom?

Not sure if anyone has any info on this, but when accepting an offer from LECOM (and submitting the $2000 deposit) are you allowed to stay on waitlists for other schools? (both MD and DO) also if so are these schools able to see that you have accepted and submitted the deposit to lecom?

You can definitely stay on other waitlists, but I’m not too sure about the second part of your question. I think, if anything, other DOs might be able to see that you’ve been accepted to LECOM, but only after a certain date. But don’t quote me on that LOL

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is the interview really only a 5 minute video?

Portal changed today! Interviewed mid-March.

I submitted my video to the Dropbox. Anyone who did the virtual interview hear back? Or should we expect to hear back after the final deadline (April 30th) ?

Same! What does yours say?
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.

Portal changed today! Interviewed mid-March.
Congrats! Just checked and mine has changed today too. Also interviewed at the same time. Does yours say 30 days for you to get the letter? Also for anyone wondering, no I didn’t get an email notification of the change.

Congrats! Just checked and mine has changed today too. Also interviewed at the same time. Does yours say 30 days for you to get the letter? Also for anyone wondering, no I didn’t get an email notification of the change.
Says within 14 days. Good luck!!

I submitted my video to the Dropbox. Anyone who did the virtual interview hear back? Or should we expect to hear back after the final deadline (April 30th) ?
I have uploaded my video to the Dropbox past Monday and the portal has been updated saying 'Thank you for interviewing at the Erie Campus, you will be notified when the committee makes a decision on your application'. My interview date is set for April 9th. Anyone with similar status?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have uploaded my video to the Dropbox past Monday and the portal has been updated saying 'Thank you for interviewing at the Erie Campus, you will be notified when the committee makes a decision on your application'. My interview date is set for April 9th. Anyone with similar status?
Yes i just saw that on my portal this morning as well. Interview date set for April 17th!

Anyone get any recent updates? Mine still says “Thankyou for interviewing you will be notified when the committee makes a decision on your application”

I've been on the alternate list since October and on 3/31 I got an update about their alternate list talking about how the process goes but said I do not need to reply if I'm still interested in being considered. But today I got an email on 4/7 saying to "I am reaching out again today to see if you're interested..." anyone else? I feel like I did something wrong

I've been on the alternate list since October and on 3/31 I got an update about their alternate list talking about how the process goes but said I do not need to reply if I'm still interested in being considered. But today I got an email on 4/7 saying to "I am reaching out again today to see if you're interested..." anyone else? I feel like I did something wrong

I received the same two emails. I don’t think you did anything wrong; I think schools are just curious who is still interested so they can thin the alternate list more.

If you are still interested, then I would reply immediately. I only say this because I received the “are you still interested” email yesterday around noon, replied within minutes, and less than two hours afterwards my portal changed to “a decision has been made”.

Reactions: 2 users
I received the same two emails. I don’t think you did anything wrong; I think schools are just curious who is still interested so they can thin the alternate list more.
oh okay thank you! haha I just wanted to make sure I didn't do anything

If that is the case, why would they still interview folks and keep adding more people to the alternate list?

I was accepted to LECOM in Elmira NY. I am looking for apartments, and a female room-mate (I am also a female). Please message me if you are interested. Thank you.

Does anyone know who to inform if your contact information has changed?

Withdrew my spot from the alternate list ! They are really trying to fill the seats now. Good luck to all !

Reactions: 6 users

I didn’t reply because it said only reply if you want to be taken off the list.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I was put on the alternate list in mid-march. I got a portal change yesterday stating that a decision has been made.

Do you receive an email if placed on the waitlist or a letter in the mail?
I received a notification on my portal that a decision has been made regarding my application.
Thanks
when your portal changed, how long did it say it would take to get it in the mail? 14 or 30 days?

So anxious rn. Waitlist movement has started. Been refreshing my portal everyday.

So anxious rn. Waitlist movement has started. Been refreshing my portal everyday.
+1 but i was waitlisted last year and never heard anything ever again! so take care of yourself and start prepping for your next round of applications!

hey everyone, i was waitlisted at the end of the december and got an email two days ago saying they are offering me a seat. is this out of the ordinary? i was pretty sure lecom only sends decisions by mail, so i'm a little concerned now

just received an email of acceptance to the Elmira campus!

Reactions: 4 users
just received an email of acceptance to the Elmira campus!
Were you on the alternate list? I wonder why some people are getting it through e-mail and some people are getting letters sent out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Received an email asking whether I was still interested in attending and I replied within 2 hours. Still no portal changes after 2 days :(.

Reactions: 1 users
That’s amazing, congrats!
I wouldn’t worry about anything being out of the ordinary considering the current circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
thank you for calming my anxiety lol

Does anyone know if Erie accepts update letters? If so, where can I submit it?

My portal has been updated saying '

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days'. Does this mean a rejection?

Anyone that got accepted, waitlisted, or rejected did your portal say 14 or 30 days? I’m nervous.

I am worried too. My portal for Elmira says 14 days. Erie still under review. Not sure what means and I am confused & worried.

The drop down menu under my portal shows Bradenton, Erie and Elmira.
1586466695313.png

I interviewed and it just got updated. It had only two options prior to the interview (Erie & Bradenton).