2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does missing folder items affect admission decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

I just withdrew from the waitlist here. Been on it since August. Got bored I guess. Off to KCU. Good luck, all!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Favorably on your application but placing you on wait list ””

just sounds like a regular waitlist to me. Does anyone know how LeCOM moves their waitlist candidates?

Based on the email response from Jessica Woods, you can be waitlisted for the campus you selected as your first choice

I just got ‘the decision has been made and can expect letter in mail in about 30 days. Is it a rejection. Cause I noticed people with acceptances got 14 days. Can anyone who please help me

Anyone accepted to the Elmira who did the virtual interview yet? What did you portal say when it updated. 30 days or 14 days

I just got ‘the decision has been made and can expect letter in mail in about 30 days. Is it a rejection. Cause I noticed people with acceptances got 14 days. Can anyone who please help me
I’m sorry that is a new realm. It could go both ways. Best bet is to find someone who’s had similar experience. Or just ask

Reactions: 1 user

don't worry. I'm almost positive they upped it from 14 to 30 days just to account for the delay in mailing and shipping times due to coronavirus. I got the "expect a letter within 30 days" update on my portal, then received my letter (from PA to TX) literally the next business day. and it was not a rejection.

Should I continue hoping for an interview invite if I sent my secondary on January 14, 2020? Also, this application portal is so weird, and I feel like I'm going to miss anything if I actually do get an interview. Anyway, any insight is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry. I'm almost positive they upped it from 14 to 30 days just to account for the delay in mailing and shipping times due to coronavirus. I got the "expect a letter within 30 days" update on my portal, then received my letter (from PA to TX) literally the next business day. and it was not a rejection.
That’s a relief.Was it an acceptance or waitlist ?

Below is the Status update on the portal. Have any of you seen this change happening to your portal?

We received your confirmation to accept a seat on the Alternate list. You will be informed as changes are made to your status. Notification of acceptance may occur up until the first day of class.

I got this portal update also after I completed and mailed back the alternate form.

Did anyone get the “admissions committee has made a decision 30 day letter in the mail “from LECOM Elmira. Was it an acceptance ?

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get a seat in a LECOM location you didn’t put first?

Are you on the wait list? If so, I am told that you can be waitlisted for the campus you selected as your first choice.

Said that, I am on the alternate list for Elmira and my portal shows ' Your application is under review' for Erie campus.

Completed my secondary in September and since then my portal has said “under review”. Does there seem to be any chance of getting an interview or is this pretty much a silent rejection?

Completed my secondary in September and since then my portal has said “under review”. Does there seem to be any chance of getting an interview or is this pretty much a silent rejection?
I would stay hopeful! Good luck!

Portal changed! Letter to come in 14 days!

Quick question for those of you who did the virtual interview and have been accepted... did you all receive an email with the acceptance or did some of you only find out via letter? Just trying to ease my anxious mind haha. I guess I will know for sure within the next 14 days (fingers crossed it isn't a rejection letter)

Portal changed! Letter to come in 14 days!

Quick question for those of you who did the virtual interview and have been accepted... did you all receive an email with the acceptance or did some of you only find out via letter? Just trying to ease my anxious mind haha. I guess I will know for sure within the next 14 days (fingers crossed it isn't a rejection letter)
I got placed on alternate list with portal changes to 14 days. What campus??

Any idea how LECOM’s waitlist process works? I know the letter states that they don’t rank the applicants, I am guessing they should have some kind of ranked list. I interviewed on March 7, waitlist 2 weeks later. What’s are the odds of getting accepted from the waitlist? Thanks in advance.

Any idea how LECOM’s waitlist process works? I know the letter states that they don’t rank the applicants, I am guessing they should have some kind of ranked list. I interviewed on March 7, waitlist 2 weeks later. What’s are the odds of getting accepted from the waitlist? Thanks in advance.
It said on the letter itself it’s not ranked? And is said waitlist not altnerate list?

Do any accepted students know if the matriculation packet material needs to be sent to admissions via mail, or can we email them the signed documents? Thanks

Do any accepted students know if the matriculation packet material needs to be sent to admissions via mail, or can we email them the signed documents? Thanks
You can email them the signed documents, but they need to be signed with ink and scanned, not just photos or an e-signature

Does anyone know when mail is delivered to the Erie campus? I sent my deposit in, and it was scheduled to be delivered last Saturday. Obviously, being that it was registered with return receipt requested, they would not be able to deliver until today. However, the deposit check arrived at the Erie distribution center Saturday morning and I have two additional updates the over last two days that say it is in transit to the next facility. Are there multiple mail facilities in Erie? It seems that it should have said “out for delivery” today but now I am starting to worry as it is due in their office by Wednesday.

Does anyone know when mail is delivered to the Erie campus? I sent my deposit in, and it was scheduled to be delivered last Saturday. Obviously, being that it was registered with return receipt requested, they would not be able to deliver until today. However, the deposit check arrived at the Erie distribution center Saturday morning and I have two additional updates the over last two days that say it is in transit to the next facility. Are there multiple mail facilities in Erie? It seems that it should have said “out for delivery” today but now I am starting to worry as it is due in their office by Wednesday.

I got the notice that it is out for delivery this morning (Tuesday). Catastrophe averted.
That being said, anyone sending important time sensitive items to the Erie campus should probably budget an extra couple of days during these times.

Primary Completed: 7/30/19

Secondary Offered: 8/13/19

Secondary/Application Completed: 8/14/19

Rejected: 4/22/20

Goodluck all!

Not me and still waiting. Does anyone know how many students were pulled from wait list in the last few years for LECOM Erie or SH?

Reactions: 1 users
Wonder how many students are on the wait list for Elmira? Hope we can take a poll on this thread? :)

Wonder how many students are on the wait list for Elmira? Hope we can take a poll on this thread? :)
+1. Letter said I was waitlisted for Erie but portal says for Elmira. I assume the letter was a general statement while the portal is more accurate given that Elmira was my #1 choice.

What is the difference between waitlist and alternate? Someone may have touched on this already but is there a difference?