2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My portal changed to confirm my waitlist position like a week ago and now it changed back to saying that the Admissions Committee made a decision...has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know if this means anything or if it’s just a glitch?

Reactions: 1 user
My portal changed to confirm my waitlist position like a week ago and now it changed back to saying that the Admissions Committee made a decision...has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know if this means anything or if it’s just a glitch?

You should be cautiously optimistic

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi great ones.
For those of you waitlisted and that has sent in your confirmation for a waitlist spot, did your portal change at all to signify that adcom received your letter? Mine has not changed, and I'm just wondering if it does or does not. Thanks.
my portal changed and they also sent a confirmation email that they received my letter accepting the spot!

Keep us updated on this...May have been taken off the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewing on the 28th. For anyone who interviewed at LECOM recently, would you care to share your interview experience?

standard interview questions. Group interview seemed more intense than the traditional interview because you have to let others speak and not interrupt anyone.

Just be a normal human being and study the standard interview questions for medical school. There were also some ethics questions but other schools have probably asked you same kind of questions

Were you in the priority/favorable waitlist?

Were you in the priority/favorable waitlist?
I didn’t think so (it was just the basic short letter)..but I did get an email yesterday about sending in a deposit properly if I do a money order. I haven’t received anything in the mail yet as far as a LOA though so maybe everyone just got that email? I really have no idea what’s going on lol, I’ll keep you guys posted if I hear anything else!

I didn’t think so (it was just the basic short letter)..but I did get an email yesterday about sending in a deposit properly if I do a money order. I haven’t received anything in the mail yet as far as a LOA though so maybe everyone just got that email? I really have no idea what’s going on lol, I’ll keep you guys posted if I hear anything else!
Nope, I didn't get that deposit email so not everyone. Not to get your hopes up, but i think its a good sign.

I think things are looking good. What campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the email for an II yesterday. I'll be scheduling it shortly.

Do you guys know what the post-interview acceptance rate is? Also, how fast does the waitlist move? and when?

I just got the email for an II yesterday. I'll be scheduling it shortly.

Do you guys know what the post-interview acceptance rate is? Also, how fast does the waitlist move? and when?
Hello all,

There are some DO and MD schools mixed in, but hopefully some of your schools of interest are in the spreadsheet!

I am posting a link to a google doc that has some data regarding the number of ii and then some acceptance rates behind it. I am just wondering if there is an updated doc or if this is the most up-to-date one? This says it is from 2018, but I wasn't sure how accurate it is. I know some schools will post the amount of applications they receive and some don't, so I know a lot of what you look for/find can be inaccurate.

Anyways, thought this was a good time in the cycle to re-post this doc since interview season is in full swing, I sure am ready for these neurotic pre-med days to be behind me!

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

about 46% post-interview acceptance rate

got an II and scheduled for March 18th! If you interview at one of the campuses up North, can you be considered for the Florida campus? or do you have to interview there?

got an II and scheduled for March 18th! If you interview at one of the campuses up North, can you be considered for the Florida campus? or do you have to interview there?
yes, you rate all the campuses based on your preference. Your interview just happens at the campus you choose as your top choice in your secondary

You have to apply and interview at the Florida campus separately. You are considered for Erie, Seton Hill and Elmira together.

no. Florida is Separate. You can consider Erie, Seton Hill or Elmira.

yes, you rate all the campuses based on your preference. Your interview just happens at the campus you choose as your top choice in your secondary
This is not correct information for Florida campus.

Hey you guys, I picked Elmira as my top choice since it's technically in-state for me, but I am finding out now they only do PBL. I was selected for an interview for that campus, will be interviewing in Erie since Elmira isn't fully established. With that being said, after they go over the different formats, if I really lean towards LDP and pick it as my top choice on interview day, will that affect my chances of acceptance? Don't you guys think LDP at the Erie campus is far more competitive than PBL at Elmira? I just feel so lucky to be granted an interview, but I feel it's mostly because I chose Elmira as my top choice and it'll be the first class. We're pretty far in the cycle too, so I just want to make sure I don't jeopardize my chances. Thanks in advance for the help!

Hey you guys, I picked Elmira as my top choice since it's technically in-state for me, but I am finding out now they only do PBL. I was selected for an interview for that campus, will be interviewing in Erie since Elmira isn't fully established. With that being said, after they go over the different formats, if I really lean towards LDP and pick it as my top choice on interview day, will that affect my chances of acceptance? Don't you guys think LDP at the Erie campus is far more competitive than PBL at Elmira? I just feel so lucky to be granted an interview, but I feel it's mostly because I chose Elmira as my top choice and it'll be the first class. We're pretty far in the cycle too, so I just want to make sure I don't jeopardize my chances. Thanks in advance for the help!
You're correct, I chose LDP at erie with a 511 and 3.7 sgpa and got alternate listed even though LDP at lecom was my #1 choice. I regret not choosing elmira because theres a higher chance of being accepted since its a new school.

You're correct, I chose LDP at erie with a 511 and 3.7 sgpa and got alternate listed even though LDP at lecom was my #1 choice. I regret not choosing elmira because theres a higher chance of being accepted since its a new school.

Did you get a favorable waitlist letter?

Hi, current LECOM student. For Erie, Seton Hill, and Elmira there is no difference in your chances of admittance based on what campus you are interviewing for and what pathways/campuses you rank.

You interview for whatever your top choice campus was on your secondary. That is done with the idea that you will be more likely to matriculate at LECOM as opposed to another school if you are able to see the campus that you want most. The admissions committee in Erie is the only adcom for all 3 campuses. (Elmira may be separate in the coming years once it gets established but for now it is functioning just like Seton Hill which is just an extension of Erie).

After your interview, they then make a decision on your app without looking at your pathway/campus rank list. If they decide to accept you, they then place you in whatever your top ranked pathway/campus is that has an open seat. But if the pathways you ranked have no open seats, they will waitlist you at this point. Therefore, the more pathways/campuses you rank (because you don’t have to rank them all) the better your chances of getting accepted. It doesn’t matter what you rank first, your chances are all the same.

I guarantee you that you will be much happier in the long run if you just rank the pathways/campuses in the order that you actually prefer them rather than trying to game the system. Because the pathways are about learning styles, you need to make sure that you are only ranking pathways that will allow you to be successful. Don’t force a fit if it’s not there. It’ll just make you miserable and far less likely to achieve the career ambitions you have right now. Just take it as it comes while making decisions about what’s best for you and I’m sure it’ll work out for the better because of it.

If you (or anyone else) has any questions about LECOM, the pathways, the campuses, or anything else, please don’t hesitate to ask here or in my DMs!

Hi, current LECOM student. For Erie, Seton Hill, and Elmira there is no difference in your chances of admittance based on what campus you are interviewing for and what pathways/campuses you rank.

You interview for whatever your top choice campus was on your secondary. That is done with the idea that you will be more likely to matriculate at LECOM as opposed to another school if you are able to see the campus that you want most. The admissions committee in Erie is the only adcom for all 3 campuses. (Elmira may be separate in the coming years once it gets established but for now it is functioning just like Seton Hill which is just an extension of Erie).

After your interview, they then make a decision on your app without looking at your pathway/campus rank list. If they decide to accept you, they then place you in whatever your top ranked pathway/campus is that has an open seat. But if the pathways you ranked have no open seats, they will waitlist you at this point. Therefore, the more pathways/campuses you rank (because you don’t have to rank them all) the better your chances of getting accepted. It doesn’t matter what you rank first, your chances are all the same.

I guarantee you that you will be much happier in the long run if you just rank the pathways/campuses in the order that you actually prefer them rather than trying to game the system. Because the pathways are about learning styles, you need to make sure that you are only ranking pathways that will allow you to be successful. Don’t force a fit if it’s not there. It’ll just make you miserable and far less likely to achieve the career ambitions you have right now. Just take it as it comes while making decisions about what’s best for you and I’m sure it’ll work out for the better because of it.

If you (or anyone else) has any questions about LECOM, the pathways, the campuses, or anything else, please don’t hesitate to ask here or in my DMs!
How is the PBL route? A common complaint I have heard is it takes time away from studying, is that the same in your experience?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

How is the PBL route? A common complaint I have heard is it takes time away from studying, is that the same in your experience?

Are you talking about boards studying? If you study for it the right way, it can be very similar if not identical to board studying. This year, they condensed the 2nd year schedule at Seton Hill so that they finish earlier and have some dedicated time. I’m not sure what that’ll look like 2 years from now with Step 1 (and probably sound COMLEX level 1) going pass fail.

If you’re talking about regular everyday studying for exams, PBL only takes up 6 hours every week so you have a ton more time to study than LDP does.

Are you talking about boards studying? If you study for it the right way, it can be very similar if not identical to board studying. This year, they condensed the 2nd year schedule at Seton Hill so that they finish earlier and have some dedicated time. I’m not sure what that’ll look like 2 years from now with Step 1 (and probably sound COMLEX level 1) going pass fail.

If you’re talking about regular everyday studying for exams, PBL only takes up 6 hours every week so you have a ton more time to study than LDP does.
Yes I meant board studying. So are lectures provided online in the PBL pathway or do we just do reading on our own? Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Yes I meant board studying. So are lectures provided online in the PBL pathway or do we just do reading on our own? Thanks for the reply.

It’s all about reading for PBL. The pages that you pick are where all of your exam questions come from so reading is by far the main way you get your information.

It’s all about reading for PBL. The pages that you pick are where all of your exam questions come from so reading is by far the main way you get your information.

Do you happen to remember the date you started M1 year, was it after July 31?

Withdrawing from Bradenton wont affect standing here correct?

Anyone interviewing this Friday? Did they send the virtual interview offer to everyone interviewing on this date?

When did you get your invite if you don’t mind?
I got the original II on Feb 7, and then scheduled It for this Friday. Then this morning I got an email saying that we can do a virtual one if we want if we have worries about traveling during the current outbreak.. They said you can still go in-person too though.

I got the original II on Feb 7, and then scheduled It for this Friday. Then this morning I got an email saying that we can do a virtual one if we want if we have worries about traveling during the current outbreak.. They said you can still go in-person too though.

Wow, crazy. Thanks for the reply and good luck!

Anybody have thoughts on the Skype/online interview instead of the in person interview? Seems like a really attractive option tbh.

Anybody have thoughts on the Skype/online interview instead of the in person interview? Seems like a really attractive option tbh.
It sounded attractive but I had already paid for my bus and hotel, and I want to see the campus.

They cancelled accepted students day and will be doing virtual event. I wonder if they'll change the interview formats.

• Wow
Just interviewed this week at Erie. They cancelled the campus tour portion of the interview day to prevent spread of the virus, so be aware of that if you choose to attend in person.

I wonder if they cancelled their mandatory classes for LDP students this year.

I wonder if they cancelled their mandatory classes for LDP students this year.
As of right now the pharmacy portion of the school is closed and they’ve pulled the people out of rotations in high risk areas, but still class going on.