2019-2020 Loyola

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you have any information regarding the interview day itself? I was notified of an II on my portal, with no email from Loyola. What time does the interview run to (for scheduling flight home)? What time does it begin? I'm scouring the website for information, but either I'm completely inept, or there's a complete absence of relevant info lol
once you select an interview date, they should email you a confirmation with an attachment about the interview day. check your spam for it, that's where mine went!

edit: but if you're wondering, it says to be there no later than 8:45am and should go until ~3:30pm

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
once you select you an interview date, they should email you a confirmation with an attachment about the interview day. check your spam for it, that's where mine went!

edit: but if you're wondering, it says to be there no later than 8:45am and should go until ~3:30pm
Thank you so much!

I haven’t locked in a date yet, as all three dates conflict with other interviews and/or are too short notice. Trying to see if I can reschedule one of them before I confirm. Thanks for the info!

II! No email, just checked the portal. LizzyM ~67, complete 7/13.

EDIT: Holllllyyyy **** are the interview dates short notice. Available dates for me are August 20th, 27th, and 29th. Might have to cancel/reschedule one of my DO interviews for this :/

Gotta go check my portal now. Guess Loyola forgot to post mine up. I will justs wait for the Email invite

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have submitted, did you use a regular diversity essay or did you rewrite it to focus on this part of the question: We seek to uphold and increase social justice, we value all people, and have a strong focus on caring for the underserved?

For those who have submitted, did you use a regular diversity essay or did you rewrite it to focus on this part of the question: We seek to uphold and increase social justice, we value all people, and have a strong focus on caring for the underserved?
I did both the traditional diversity essay and also focused on the underserved. I have specific experience working with the underserved, so that’s what I wrote about it :)

did anyone else just get the email saying "wtf we sent you an II two weeks ago and you haven't responded." ? I never got any notification that I was invited. just logged onto my portal and it says I'm invited to interview and click below for a date, but there aren't any dates. ????

edit: just reviewed some above posts, seems like they expect us to just check their portal... but as of now there aren't any dates and the email says they are withdrawing my application TOMORROW if I don't schedule an interview lmao

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
did anyone else just get the email saying "wtf we sent you an II two weeks ago and you haven't responded." ? I never got any notification that I was invited. just logged onto my portal and it says I'm invited to interview and click below for a date, but there aren't any dates. ????

edit: just reviewed some above posts, seems like they expect us to just check their portal... but as of now there aren't any dates and the email says they are withdrawing my application in two weeks if I don't schedule an interview lmao

Lmao I wish i had your problem. Anyways, def call the school. Unfortunately, this was a portal-no-email type school

Reactions: 1 users

edit: just reviewed some above posts, seems like they expect us to just check their portal... but as of now there aren't any dates and the email says they are withdrawing my application in two weeks if I don't schedule an interview lmao
Loyola seems like a great school, but it always annoys the hell out of me when schools do this. You send us an automated email reminding us to schedule an interview, and yet you somehow can't send us an automated email informing us we've been invited for an interview in the first place???

Just so dumb. Even more dumb when you combine that with the supposed week deadline they give us to respond. Thank God I checked my portal by chance.

Reactions: 4 users
Called the school and emailed back, no answer so far. I feel like I've just been bamboozled and went from II to R lmao

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Called the school and emailed back, no answer so far. I feel like I've just been bamboozled and went from II to R lmao
The generous peanuttbuttah leaving II spots for the rest of us :love: how can one be so giving to the underserved

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
The generous peanuttbuttah leaving II spots for the rest of us :love: how can one be so giving to the underserved
"my friends would call me generous, loyal, self-abnegating..."

• Haha
Loyola usually does send emails for interviews. I will contact admissions and see if they are aware of this. Might just be a technical issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps they will send out another wave of invites with new dates soon?

has anyone in the big 7/24 complete crowd gotten a change in status?

What are people's statuses? Mine says
"As of today, Monday, August 19, 2019:
Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."

Is there a complete but not under review category or is everyone given this message after theyre verified to be completely complete

Reactions: 2 users
II earlier today!! OOS, Complete 7/9

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
This is so exciting!! some of us as M1s are training to give interview tours so we'll see you soon!

Reactions: 14 users
doing my daily neurosis check and the website is broken after I submit my login info... anyone else?

doing my daily neurosis check and the website is broken after I submit my login info... anyone else?
Mine won't even load anymore ... maybe they're updating w/ more IIs? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 users
Mine won't even load anymore ... maybe they're updating w/ more IIs? :rolleyes:
maybe if we all spam the website then it will break their system and give everyones II's.... worth a shot guys come on

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I've been under review basically since I submitted (6/29) with no updates or anything. Is Gtown known for silently rejecting and leaving you under review?

This is the Loyola forum!

I've been under review basically since I submitted (6/29) with no updates or anything. Is Gtown known for silently rejecting and leaving you under review?

Might be better off asking the Georgetown thread about that ;)

Portal’s working fine for me, I was able to see the exact same silence I’ve been seeing for the past few weeks just fine lol
ahaahhahahahhah, its back up for me now too like 10 mins after I made the post to begin with.

+2 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This might be a dumb question to ask, but do medical schools reject unqualified applicants during when the adcom invites the first batch of qualified applicants for interview??

This might be a dumb question to ask, but do medical schools reject unqualified applicants during when the adcom invites the first batch of qualified applicants for interview??

If you mean, do they reject people this early? Yes. I haven't seen any Rs reported from Loyola yet, but other schools are sending them. Seems like mostly its when people do not meet school requirements, like ties to state or US citizen, but could be other reasons.

If you mean, do they reject people this early? Yes. I haven't seen any Rs reported from Loyola yet, but other schools are sending them. Seems like mostly its when people do not meet school requirements, like ties to state or US citizen, but could be other reasons.
Where do you look to see reported Rs? I’m just curious because I want to look up other schools as well. Thanks!

Where do you look to see reported Rs? I’m just curious because I want to look up other schools as well. Thanks!

I have just seen a few on the threads I follow. UWSOM for example, has sent pre-secondary Rs to OOR applicants. I can't think of any schools that are sending post-secondary Rs yet, so if you've submitted a secondary somewhere and haven't heard about an II, you're still in the running!

I have just seen a few on the threads I follow. UWSOM for example, has sent pre-secondary Rs to OOR applicants. I can't think of any schools that are sending post-secondary Rs yet, so if you've submitted a secondary somewhere and haven't heard about an II, you're still in the running!
A few schools have been sending a good number of post-secondary R's, like USC Keck and Tulane. EVMS and VCU have also sent some I believe. But most have not.