2019-2020 Loyola

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just caught up on this thread and I got an II on 8/27!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Had my interview there this last week. Everyone at Loyola is kind, and everyone has the same goals in mind as far as their commitment to service. The school is VERY service and community focused.

OOS

Reactions: 2 users
I’m comin for ya windy city :love:

Complete 7/30 II 9/2

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II today via email! I had actually checked the portal 30 minutes prior to the email and it still said "under review" so I was really (very pleasantly) surprised to get that email!

Complete 7/24, LM 68

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
II today via email! I had actually checked the portal 30 minutes prior to the email and it still said "under review" so I was really (very pleasantly) surprised to get that email!

Complete 7/24, LM 68
All of y’all enjoy that lunch lol. Don’t stress; it’s gonna be such a chill day.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Does Loyola send email applicants info about rejections, interviews, or waitlists? Or would you need to check it out on their portal? I heard some interviewees found out through the portal only.

Does Loyola send email applicants info about rejections, interviews, or waitlists? Or would you need to check it out on their portal? I heard some interviewees found out through the portal only.
Early on they were only doing portal II's, but as of recently they seemed to have fixed their email system lol

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone ease my mind - wondering if not submitting specifically a 2x2 photo will negatively affect my app :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone ease my mind - wondering if not submitting specifically a 2x2 photo will negatively affect my app :(
My photo was not 2x2 (it was whatever parameters portrait mode on the iPhone uses) and I got the II!

Maybe they print out the photos in a 2x2 format so it makes it easier for them, but it doesn't seem to affect any decisions for your app :)

I'm an M1 at Loyola. Loving it here so far. Let me know if you have any questions :)

Reactions: 4 users
Just a question I have out of curiosity, what’s the quiz/exam schedule like? I’ve heard some schools go weekly, biweekly etc, but Loyola seems to present itself as pretty easygoing
It depends on the class. We have exams every couple of weeks right now for our Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics course. Our grade is based on exams and a small project (no quizzes). When we begin anatomy in a couple of weeks, we will have exams and weekly quizzes to retain the information we learn in anatomy. Sorry it's not a more clearcut answer...it just depends on the class! Honestly, more frequent exams are something you hope for in medical school because there is so much information. So I am liking this layout so far.

Gotcha thanks! Definitely makes sense.

Out of curiosity, when did you interview yourself at Loyola and when were you accepted? I have strong connections to the school and am kinda concerned it’s been so silent to me lol
I interviewed in January and was accepted beginning of March. I would say give it a few months and if you still do not hear anything, send update letters. Loyola appreciates you showing continued interest!

I interviewed in January and was accepted beginning of March. I would say give it a few months and if you still do not hear anything, send update letters. Loyola appreciates you showing continued interest!
Did you send update letters through the portal?

Did you send update letters through the portal?
Yes I sent my update letters through the portal. I sent multiple updates, one before my interview with significant updates and one after my interview to show continued interest in the school (I highlighted specific things I loved about the school during my interview and also highlighted a new publication I received + sent in that publication). Update letters are much appreciated since Loyola gets so many applications.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Any folks from the 7/24 completion date get a II?

Complete 7/24, LM 68

Email? Tryna figure out if I can stop checking their portal daily lol

When y'all refer to checking the portal, what do you mean? The only tabs I have access to on my secondary are: home, supplemental application, upload photo, print my app, withdraw my app, and logout. I don't see any sort of portal for communications.

When y'all refer to checking the portal, what do you mean? The only tabs I have access to on my secondary are: home, supplemental application, upload photo, print my app, withdraw my app, and logout. I don't see any sort of portal for communications.

When you log in, you will have something like this on the main page:
"Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."

If you get a II that changes to something else about requiring extra information and adds another link. At the beginning of the cycle, they were not sending out emails for interview invites, but that seems to have been fixed.

Anyone know from past threads what the probability of getting an II is after being put on "hold for further review"?

Anyone know from past threads what the probability of getting an II is after being put on "hold for further review"?
With 15k apps, probably low? Could look at past year threads and see if it happened

How do you know that you are on hold for further review? Did they email this to you?

II! Complete 7/16. Only two dates which don't fit well with my availability listed though, so I'm emailing to see if I can view some other potential dates.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
How do you know that you are on hold for further review? Did they email this to you?
This is what the status says on my portal: "Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Your file will be held for further review later in the cycle. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February. If you wish to update your file, please do so within your portal. Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
It's been like this for maybe 3 weeks now.

II! Complete 7/16. Only two dates which don't fit well with my availability listed though, so I'm emailing to see if I can view some other potential dates.
Congrats!!! That was just now?

Did you get it via email? Or did you have to check the portal?
Not OP, but during my interview (late August), the admissions director said the reason people had to check their portal for an II early in the cycle was because the admissions office was having IT issues sending emails out. They said future interviewees should receive IIs over email. Hopefully that helps :)

Anyone have a link of past year match lists with the specific program/hospital?

They only offer percentage to specialty on website

@Icebird email them and they will send it to you. Can't seem to find the one they sent me last cycle, unfortunately.

For data purposes, I sent an ITA email in monday and have not heard back.

for data purposes, I sent an ITA on Wednesday and haven't heard anything either

For data purposes I sent my secondary application a month ago and haven't heard anything either.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
@Icebird email them and they will send it to you. Can't seem to find the one they sent me last cycle, unfortunately.

They said they could not disclose that information and sent me a very general “about loyola” PDF instead.

Considering withdrawing my II due to travel costs and this might push me a little more to do it.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Ita response right on cue

“Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Stritch. I have checked the status of your application, which has been received and currently under review by our admissions committees. We do have several thousand applications that we are trying to process as quickly as possible, so we will notify you if there are any changes to your status. Our interview season runs through the middle of February, so if you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted via email.”

Reactions: 3 users
Ita response right on cue

“Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Stritch. I have checked the status of your application, which has been received and currently under review by our admissions committees. We do have several thousand applications that we are trying to process as quickly as possible, so we will notify you if there are any changes to your status. Our interview season runs through the middle of February, so if you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted via email.”

Got this same response as well after sending an ITA

II today, OOS LM 73.5. Earliest is next Tuesday, September 24th. Yikes.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users