2019-2020 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed for early decision but then deferred to regular decision been accepted since then? I’ve been told in previous years that even if you don’t get in for early decision the likelihood that you will get in eventually that cycle is pretty good.

I haven't heard anything back

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed at Macon earlier this month so wasn't really banking on hearing back so soon ( although it would be nice). Is today the last day they're releasing decisions from the January adcom meeting, or do they stagger it?
They told us in the interview that you are rolled over to the next month's meeting if you interviewed this month automatically.

Reactions: 1 user
They told us in the interview that you are rolled over to the next month's meeting if you interviewed this month automatically.
Can I ask who said that and it depends when your interview was? Because I have heard that if you were interviewed in January then you should have been considered in the January meeting?

Last edited:
Does anyone know the chances of getting an interview now, if you were deferred from ED??? It seems that it would be bad for them to make you wait this long for an interview to just reject you, after all of this time? I REALLY hope it's still not a stretch..... :(

Last edited:
Does anyone know the chances of getting an interview now, if you were deferred from ED??? It seems that it would be bad for them to make you wait this long for an interview to just reject you, after all of this time? I REALLY hope it's still not a stretch..... :(
Wait, you have to re-interview if you were deferred?

I'm sorry I think they stopped giving out interviews.. :(
From an e-mail after submitting my secondary:
"
Should you be selected by the Admissions Committee for an interview, you will receive an invitation via e-mail by 5:00 PM ET January 17, 2020.

If you do not receive an e-mail invitation by this time, please assume that the Admissions Committee has screened your application and is unable to offer you a spot in the entering class of 2020. "

"
Should you be selected by the Admissions Committee for an interview, you will receive an invitation via e-mail by 5:00 PM ET January 17, 2020.

If you do not receive an e-mail invitation by this time, please assume that the Admissions Committee has screened your application and is unable to offer you a spot in the entering class of 2020. "
Hold up hold up folks before everyone gets sad.... for people that are Early Decision, if you all have interviewed then you will not go through another interview if you were deferred unless they tell you all specifically otherwise. Yes, the above is true regarding the last time that interview invites will be given out and the last interviews are on February 4, 2020 as February 5, 2020 is the last day for interviews.

"

Yes, thank you so much for the information..... I really appreciate it! I never got that e-mail, and I applied ED. I just don't understand why defer an applicant for SO long to just reject them? I was even told by the office that interview invites end 2/4? I would have rather been rejected much earlier than to put up with this waiting and radio silence hell and given false hope all this time..... SO agonizing UGGGGHHHHHH..... :(

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed back in November and still nothing. At this point, I am expecting rejection or waitlist which I will be ok with given that I am fortunate to have been accepted to other schools. This school definitely was not a good match for me. From my interview day it was clear that they are VERY mission-driven for meeting the needs of rural populations. I was initially interested in this school due to the fact that they include under-served populations as individuals they are interested in serving but from my interview day it was clear that it is predominantly rural populations which overall is personally not the population I see myself committing to in the future (though there's definitely a big need there).

For those anxious about not getting an interview or hearing back, I wouldn't take it personally if you are not someone who made it very clear that you passionate about serving rural populations. They want candidates they know for sure will fill this need. So regardless of whether you have high MCAT score/GPA or killer ECs, if you don't come off as someone eager to serve this cause, my guess is they won't be interested.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, thank you so much for the information..... I really appreciate it! I never got that e-mail, and I applied ED. I just don't understand why defer an applicant for SO long to just reject them? I was even told by the office that interview invites end 2/4? I would have rather been rejected much earlier than to put up with this waiting and radio silence hell and given false hope all this time..... SO agonizing UGGGGHHHHHH..... :(
Did you not interview with MERCER at ALL yet, as an ED applicant? I thought the only way to get deferred is if they are still awaiting a final decision but you had to be interviewed? or no, I am not understanding it correctly?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed back in November and still nothing. At this point, I am expecting rejection or waitlist which I will be ok with given that I am fortunate to have been accepted to other schools. This school definitely was not a good match for me. From my interview day it was clear that they are VERY mission-driven for meeting the needs of rural populations. I was initially interested in this school due to the fact that they include under-served populations as individuals they are interested in serving but from my interview day it was clear that it is predominantly rural populations which overall is personally not the population I see myself committing to in the future (though there's definitely a big need there).

For those anxious about not getting an interview or hearing back, I wouldn't take it personally if you are not someone who made it very clear that you passionate about serving rural populations. They want candidates they know for sure will fill this need. So regardless of whether you have high MCAT score/GPA or killer ECs, if you don't come off as someone eager to serve this cause, my guess is they won't be interested.
Oh wow hmm this makes sense. I feel like the conversation in my interview didn’t go too in-depth on rural stuff. Tbh thats probably why I haven’t heard back yet.

I interviewed in December and I was feeling the same way, but it looks like the people who were accepted recently had their interviews back in October.

So, something tells me they haven’t gotten to interviews in November and onward. Again, this is based on what I’ve seen on this thread and from other friends who still haven’t heard back yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did you not interview with MERCER at ALL yet, as an ED applicant? I thought the only way to get deferred is if they are still awaiting a final decision but you had to be interviewed? or no, I am not understanding it correctly?
I have not interviewed with Mercer yet after applying ED and being deferred to RD. No, you can be deferred from ED to RD and not be interviewed at all because it happened to me unfortunately!!! ..... :confused:

I have not interviewed with Mercer yet after applying ED and being deferred to RD. No, you can be deferred from ED to RD and not be interviewed at all because it happened to me unfortunately!!! ..... :confused:
That’s weird! But hopefully you’ll get an interview! Good luck!

Has anybody who interviewed in November or later been offered acceptance?

If you look back in the previous messages in this thread there are people that were interviewed and accepted in November when they met.

That’s weird! But hopefully you’ll get an interview! Good luck!
Yes, it is..... I really hope so too, likewise, and thank you so much! I really hope you and all of us get in as well!!! ..... :)

Last edited:
I have a friend that interviewed in December and was offered acceptance. They are up to date on reviewing interviews - it just appears that the top candidates recently were from October

I have a friend that interviewed in December and was offered acceptance. They are up to date on reviewing interviews - it just appears that the top candidates recently were from October
Alright..... maybe but how do you know that they are up to date on reviewing interviews? I am sure they cannot release that information to any of us at all.... and besides one person said earlier in this thread that was interviewed in January that they told them at the interview that they would not be considered in the January meeting instead they will automatically be considered in February! I do not know but it would be good to know where you heard that from and if it is 100% accurate....

Alright..... maybe but how do you know that they are up to date on reviewing interviews? I am sure they cannot release that information to any of us at all.... and besides one person said earlier in this thread that was interviewed in January that they told them at the interview that they would not be considered in the January meeting instead they will automatically be considered in February! I do not know but it would be good to know where you heard that from and if it is 100% accurate....
I don't know they are up to date for January, it was purely an assumption. My point was more that I would not hold on to the far-fetched idea that they have not reviewed November and December interviews. They've been pretty clear this whole process that they review every candidate every month. And based on all schools data, we also know that more candidates are generally accepted more from the earlier pools than the late pools.

Does anyone know when that pre-II R is coming out? Just trying to prepare myself for the disappointment.

Does anyone know when that pre-II R is coming out? Just trying to prepare myself for the disappointment.

Just got mines from MCG today :/. I know final decisions are made March 15, but I believe all interview invites have been given out already.

Just got mines from MCG today :/. I know final decisions are made March 15, but I believe all interview invites have been given out already.
Yes all interview invites have already been given out! Per their website, last interviews are on February 5, 2020.

Any updates as far as when we'll get the waitlist email, since interviews are already over??

Any updates as far as when we'll get the waitlist email, since interviews are already over??
I have no idea. They are meeting again next Wednesday probably so maybe by that time we will hear something who know? Or we may just all be on the silent bandwagon together getting rolled over until next cycle.

I have no idea. They are meeting again next Wednesday probably so maybe by that time we will hear something who know? Or we may just all be on the silent bandwagon together getting rolled over until next cycle.
I thought people started getting waitlisted during the march cycle

I thought people started getting waitlisted during the march cycle
So yes and no in a way. They will give out decisions for waitlist until March 15. If you do not hear anything after March 15 then peace out A-town! bum BUM bum BUM

Is it just me or is anyone else panicking every time they check the facebook group and the number of members keep climbing.... does anyone know how many seats have been offered already? That number is very critical at this point in the game!

Does anyone know if it's even possible to be accepted outright (prior to the waitlist) at this point if I interviewed in October?

Does anyone know if it's even possible to be accepted outright (prior to the waitlist) at this point if I interviewed in October?
Yes, there are still spots left and another adcom meeting this upcoming week. So it’s still possible

Does anyone believe the MSAR stat about waitlist acceptances? 50/150 people accepted off of waitlist? That seems so high to me, that’s like half the class

Does anyone believe the MSAR stat about waitlist acceptances? 50/150 people accepted off of waitlist? That seems so high to me, that’s like half the class
YES! I BELIEVE IT! This is the reason: So MERCER is the only school that I have heard of that only accept the same amount of interviewees as there are seats. So basically they will ONLY extend acceptances to 124 students out of the 250-300 that they interview. So this is what happens: Out of the 124 let us say for numbers sake that 100 accept their offer. Therefore the first 24 students on the waitlist will be offered acceptances.... then let's say from those 24 only 15 accept therefore interviewees ranked 25 to 33 and so on and so forth.... get the pattern? Therefore, they will admit a higher portion of waitlist folks than usual and compared to the "normal" to schools as they are one of the few that only offer the same amount of acceptances as there are seats.

YES! I BELIEVE IT! This is the reason: So MERCER is the only school that I have heard of that only accept the same amount of interviewees as there are seats. So basically they will ONLY extend acceptances to 124 students out of the 250-300 that they interview. So this is what happens: Out of the 124 let us say for numbers sake that 100 accept their offer. Therefore the first 24 students on the waitlist will be offered acceptances.... then let's say from those 24 only 15 accept therefore interviewees ranked 25 to 33 and so on and so forth.... get the pattern? Therefore, they will admit a higher portion of waitlist folks than usual and compared to the "normal" to schools as they are one of the few that only offer the same amount of acceptances as there are seats.
Huh thanks for the good info, makes me feel a little better. I did not know. Where’d you hear about that from if you don’t mind sharing?

Huh thanks for the good info, makes me feel a little better. I did not know. Where’d you hear about that from if you don’t mind sharing?
I just heard that from a Mercer student that interviewed there last year....

I just heard that from a Mercer student that interviewed there last year....
Also from last year’s thread too... and from what they have emailed us regarding this application cycle you can piece together everything like a puzzle....

To expand on this... I would imagine there will be a number of accepted Mercer peeps that were accepted also to MCG, for example. Said people will likely pick MCG because it is half the cost. Who knows, honestly. I've been surprised with almost every aspect of the cycle.

Yes everyone hold on tomorrow is the DAY!

• Wow
Are you certain they meet on the 3rd Wednesday? I had heard it could be the last Wednesday of the month.
From what I saw in 2019 people heard on the 21-22 of February.... wait where did you hear that they meet on the last Wednesday of the month?

From what I saw in 2019 people heard on the 21-22 of February.... wait where did you hear that they meet on the last Wednesday of the month?
I know a student on the Savannah campus and she said she thought they met the last Wednesday of the month

I know a student on the Savannah campus and she said she thought they met the last Wednesday of the month
Nope, you can see the past posts by people from October 2019 to December 2019 it has been the third wed. of the month! TODAY IS THE DAY and TOMORROW! Good luck!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Nope, you can see the past posts by people from October 2019 to December 2019 it has been the third wed. of the month! TODAY IS THE DAY and TOMORROW! Good luck!!!
Thank you! You too!

Yes, reminder that just because you do not receive a phone call, does not mean it's a no. We must hold out until tomorrow, friends! Stay strong fam