2020-2021 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else hear anything recently? Is all the movement just for the Columbus campus?
I was told that there’s a waitlist for the Savannah and Macon campus from the Columbus campus so when an applicant withdraws from those 2 campuses, they take someone from the Columbus campus and then a Columbus spot opens up

Anyone who was waitlisted considering submitting another application for the 2022 matriculation cycle? Are you reapplying ED or RD? Can we even submit another application if we've been waitlisted?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who was waitlisted considering submitting another application for the 2022 matriculation cycle? Are you reapplying ED or RD? Can we even submit another application if we've been waitlisted?
I emailed the school and they said that reapplying does not affect your status on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
both! i remember the website used to have more info on ED but I have not been able to find it.
I don't know how recent is this info, I pulled it from my interview sheet Mercer emailed us for the class of 2024 for 125 people! About 65 get accepted ED, 57 RD, and +3 from Agness Scott post bac program. I think there is more advantage applying ED. I heard from an MS2 now that Mercer really loves people applying EARLY. There is no GPA and MCAT considerations for ED. They want people doing ED if you had rural clinical experiences, involvement in rural medicine, and passionate about rural medicine. Another source from that MS2!

Reactions: 1 users
Personally I think ED is the way to go, especially if you want to show how seriously you want to get into Mercer. Doubly so if you were waitlisted previously. Good luck to all y'all on the WL.

Reactions: 2 users
Out of curiosity, did y'all get new rec letters? or completely rewrite your app for your reapp?

Out of curiosity, did y'all get new rec letters? or completely rewrite your app for your reapp?
I have mostly new letter writers and one writer from last cycle. I completely rewrote and reorganized my work activities section while adding several new experiences.

Maybe there will be some WL movement soon. I know a wave went out today last year

Question, is anyone's secondary portal acting up? I'm prewriting secondaries for ED and I wonder if it's a problem on my end or with anyone else?

For those reapplying early decision, Mercer hasn't sent the secondaries yet for the 2021-2022 cycle right?

I submitted ED 5/29 and I have not received anything.

I submitted ED on 5/29 and I got my secondary around 4:30ish PM today.

Does anyone know if we need to get an updated declaration of domicile? Or can we use last years

Does anyone know if we need to get an updated declaration of domicile? Or can we use last years
You need to have an updated declaration of domicile. They added a section to where you attended undergrad and graduate school which was not seen on last cycle's document

Current MS3 at Mercer. Can confirm Mercer does love ED folks. If you really want to get in here, apply early. Good luck to you all!

Got my official rejection off the waitlist today, unsurprisingly. @fbyleth just curious have you received an R from last cycle?

Got my official rejection off the waitlist today, unsurprisingly. @fbyleth just curious have you received an R from last cycle?
I also received an official rejection from last cycle even though I’m interviewing ED in 2 weeks for this new cycle haha. But I am positive we will get in this cycle! Mercer loves people applying ED and there’s a stronger chance for us since we were originally waitlisted!

I also received an official rejection from last cycle even though I’m interviewing ED in 2 weeks for this new cycle haha. But I am positive we will get in this cycle! Mercer loves people applying ED and there’s a stronger chance for us since we were originally waitlisted!
When did you receive your R?

Anyone in RD received an interview invite yet?

Anyone in RD received an interview invite yet?
I have not. There is a very high chance they will start sending IIs next week. Last year IIs for RD were being reported during the last week of August.