2020-2021 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else hear anything recently? Is all the movement just for the Columbus campus?
I was told that there’s a waitlist for the Savannah and Macon campus from the Columbus campus so when an applicant withdraws from those 2 campuses, they take someone from the Columbus campus and then a Columbus spot opens up
 
Anyone who was waitlisted considering submitting another application for the 2022 matriculation cycle? Are you reapplying ED or RD? Can we even submit another application if we've been waitlisted?
I emailed the school and they said that reapplying does not affect your status on the waitlist.
 
both! i remember the website used to have more info on ED but I have not been able to find it.
I don't know how recent is this info, I pulled it from my interview sheet Mercer emailed us for the class of 2024 for 125 people! About 65 get accepted ED, 57 RD, and +3 from Agness Scott post bac program. I think there is more advantage applying ED. I heard from an MS2 now that Mercer really loves people applying EARLY. There is no GPA and MCAT considerations for ED. They want people doing ED if you had rural clinical experiences, involvement in rural medicine, and passionate about rural medicine. Another source from that MS2!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of curiosity, did y'all get new rec letters? or completely rewrite your app for your reapp?
I have mostly new letter writers and one writer from last cycle. I completely rewrote and reorganized my work activities section while adding several new experiences.
 
Question, is anyone's secondary portal acting up? I'm prewriting secondaries for ED and I wonder if it's a problem on my end or with anyone else?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my official rejection off the waitlist today, unsurprisingly. @fbyleth just curious have you received an R from last cycle?
 
Got my official rejection off the waitlist today, unsurprisingly. @fbyleth just curious have you received an R from last cycle?
I also received an official rejection from last cycle even though I’m interviewing ED in 2 weeks for this new cycle haha. But I am positive we will get in this cycle! Mercer loves people applying ED and there’s a stronger chance for us since we were originally waitlisted!
 
I also received an official rejection from last cycle even though I’m interviewing ED in 2 weeks for this new cycle haha. But I am positive we will get in this cycle! Mercer loves people applying ED and there’s a stronger chance for us since we were originally waitlisted!
When did you receive your R?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad