2020-2021 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3rd Wednesday of the month tomorrow. Do we think another wave of acceptance will be sent out?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys so I got the information for my interview next week and I have two questions, one if one needs to go to the restroom, are there any tiny breaks? Two, I know meeting the MUSM Ambassadors is part of our evaluation. Do people eat lunch around that time or nah? I don't want to be awkward! Just wanted to know!

Hey guys so I got the information for my interview next week and I have two questions, one if one needs to go to the restroom, are there any tiny breaks? Two, I know meeting the MUSM Ambassadors is part of our evaluation. Do people eat lunch around that time or nah? I don't want to be awkward! Just wanted to know!
Yes, there are tiny breaks between the sections so do not worry about that! The person who runs the zoom call just tells you to be back in 5 or 10 minutes. I cannot remember which one. I did not eat lunch just because I wasn’t hungry but I feel like it’s totally acceptable to do so! Good luck!!

Hi! So there are breaks so you don't have to worry.
My interview group snacked a little bit during the lunch with MUSM Ambassadors. They actually encouraged us to eat lol. So definitely feel free to grab some food if your hungry. It's a really comfortable environment they create so you don't have to feel awkward. But good luck next week! You got this :)

Yes, there are tiny breaks between the sections so do not worry about that! The person who runs the zoom call just tells you to be back in 5 or 10 minutes. I cannot remember which one. I did not eat lunch just because I wasn’t hungry but I feel like it’s totally acceptable to do so! Good luck!!
Thank you so much for letting me know! You're sweet! <3

Hi! So there are breaks so you don't have to worry.
My interview group snacked a little bit during the lunch with MUSM Ambassadors. They actually encouraged us to eat lol. So definitely feel free to grab some food if your hungry. It's a really comfortable environment they create so you don't have to feel awkward. But good luck next week! You got this :)
Haha I'm glad they did and I'm happy they make you feel comfortable! And thank for your help and kind words! I appreciate that! <3

Members don't see this ad :)
lol me 2 - that pre-R from MCG. Last year Mercer met on the 4th Wed of the month due to holidays, so who knows
Good point. Their academic calendar says the first day of class for them was Thursday the 7th, meaning they weren’t yet back on the first Wednesday. If I had to guess, it’ll be next week when they send out more decisions

I was accepted (forgot to post earlier)! I got the call from one interviewer at 5:37 pm and the other at 5:57 pm. Good luck to the rest of you!

Reactions: 2 users
if the meet with the ambassadors is apart of the evaluation a should we just have questions prepared and be interactive or? sorry i’m just an introvert and interviews are where i struggle most

if the meet with the ambassadors is apart of the evaluation a should we just have questions prepared and be interactive or? sorry i’m just an introvert and interviews are where i struggle most
I personally had just like two or three questions ready just to help with conversation, but definitely try to be interactive if you can. If they start talking about a certain topic don't be afraid to ask questions or make comments to show that you're listening. I promise the lunch evaluation is a time for you to just make conversation and be yourself. You got this :)

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't have any questions for them previously prepared. My ambassadors gave an introduction of themselves and their interests in the beginning. I just used things from their introductions and asked questions from there. Don't be nervous! This portion actually ended up being quite fun and interesting.

do you think they're behind because of covid or they've probably already given out all their interview invites

Interview tomorrow, nervous! Any last minute advice/tips for the interview?

Interview tomorrow, nervous! Any last minute advice/tips for the interview?
Just be yourself! The interviewers were really nice and they wanted to get to know you as a person! I was first nervous, but it gone away and it felt like a very relaxed, chill interview! Talking with the MUSM ambassadors was fun too!! Super chill! You got this, good luck!

Does Mercer send out rejections ? Or if you don’t hear just assume you were rejected?

The next meeting will be the 3rd Wed in Feb as they meet on every 3rd Wed of the month. That's the last meeting of acceptances for the reg pool. After that they'll do WLs sometime in March and then you'll hear, when ya hear. They don't meet regularly after the Feb meeting.

Has anyone from Jan 14 interviews heard back yet?

Has anyone from Jan 14 interviews heard back yet?
Yeah, adcom met last week and I'm pretty sure your group was included in the last meeting. But don't quote me on it, ha. The next time adcom meets is Feb 17th

Yeah, adcom met last week and I'm pretty sure your group was included in the last meeting. But don't quote me on it, ha. The next time adcom meets is Feb 17th
You also interviewed on the 14th as well?

How many people are there on each campus? I see MSAR says there are 120 students, does that apply to Savannah and Macon combined?

How many people are there on each campus? I see MSAR says there are 120 students, does that apply to Savannah and Macon combined?
There will be 60 students in Savannah, 60 students in Macon, and there’s going to be 30 students at the new Columbus campus.

awesome thank you! Interviewing this week, when do you get to pick your campus?
Good luck at your interview! I think shortly after you’ve been accepted they send you something that asks you to rank campus preference and they place you based on that.

I interviewed on the very first day they offered them for regular pool and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?
I interviewed early in the regular pool and haven’t heard anything either.

anyone know if jan 19th interviews will be included in the feb 17 review or were they included in the jan 20th one?

Last edited:
anyone know if jan 19th interviews will be included in the feb 17 review or were they included in the jan 20th one?
I'm pretty sure ya'll who interviewed on Jan 19th are the ones to be included in the Feb 17 review I think instead of last month!

Does anybody know if 1/28 interviews will be included in the Feb 17 committee review?

Does anybody know if 1/28 interviews will be included in the Feb 17 committee review?
Hi, so I interviewed on 1/26 and they told our group that 1/26 and after those dates are included at the February 17 adcom review!

Is the February adcom review the last one before waitlists come out?

How does Mercer feel about application updates and letters of intent?

if anyone hears back today, would you mind posting? good luck!!