2020-2021 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thought it was after 5.
Just asked a previous student that was on admissions here ...she said sometimes they called as late as 9 or 10 pm.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's strange that no one heard anything? I hope they didn't skip this meeting or something? Maybe they'll email us? Idk.

Reactions: 2 users
I haven't hear anything either. It's possible they delayed the meeting to next Wednesday since interviews just ended last week, which is a week later than normal. If they did indeed meet than its strange nobody has posted an acceptance yet, unless the class is completely full already.

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't hear anything either. It's possible they delayed the meeting to next Wednesday since interviews just ended last week, which is a week later than normal. If they did indeed meet than its strange nobody has posted an acceptance yet, unless the class is completely full already.
Yeah I mean it was also President's Day this week too? I don't know if that has anything to do with it either.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I mean it was also President's Day this week too? I don't know if that has anything to do with it either.
Interesting, looking at last year's thread they meet during the week of President's Day and people reported their acceptances, and here it's just radio silence. I guess we'll see if Mercer or our interviewers email us tomorrow! They usually meet every third Wednesday idk. But I don't think the class is full for sure.

Same. I haven’t heard a peep and I checked my secondary portal as well. Weird, they haven’t missed a 3rd Wednesday yet.

Reactions: 2 users
no one's happened to have emailed/spoken to adcom yet about whether or not they met yesterday, right? :rolleyes:

Is it more likely did the committee didn't meet yesterday? I don't know though...a lot of us are experiencing silence and people usually get accepted every meeting of the 3rd Wednesday. It's unusual, when regular decisions interviews ended around the first week of February. Would they meet next Wednesday instead? Are they behind? Idk.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it more likely did the committee didn't meet yesterday? I don't know though...a lot of us are experiencing silence and people usually get accepted every meeting of the 3rd Wednesday. It's unusual, when regular decisions interviews ended around the first week of February. Would they meet next Wednesday instead? Are they behind? Idk.
Would it be weird if someone called and asked or can we not do that?

Would it be weird if someone called and asked or can we not do that?
Yeah I was wondering about calling someone who works with adcom or even emailing the assistant director of admissions? But I am not sure even if we're allowed to do that or they'll give an answer?

Yeah I was wondering about calling someone who works with adcom or even emailing the assistant director of admissions? But I am not sure even if we're allowed to do that or they'll give an answer?
I think we can call and email the using the admissions email. I know people who’ve done it before

If anyone calls or emails, can you post the response here please!
I got a response from musmadmissions and they said they couldn't release that information to applicants. Sorry that wasn't any help! Our status will be kept on a timely basis from our applications.

I got a response from musmadmissions and they said they couldn't release that information to applicants. Sorry that wasn't any help! Our status will be kept on a timely basis from our applications.
What did you ask? If they met on wednesday or if we’d hear back soon? That’s interesting they can’t tell us when we’d hear back. And thank you!

What did you ask? If they met on wednesday or if we’d hear back soon? That’s interesting they can’t tell us when we’d hear back. And thank you!
I asked them if they met this Wednesday since a lot of people are curious! Yeah I wonder why. No problem!

That’s interesting. I thought they had been open about it when applicants asked before.

ha my bet is that their vagueness means they didn't meet this week
I think so! So that means they meet next week! I wonder if they prolonged the adcom meeting because this is the last month to choose applicants before waitlists go on and they need more time? I don't know if that can be a reason or not?

I think so! So that means they meet next week! I wonder if they prolonged the adcom meeting because this is the last month to choose applicants before waitlists go on and they need more time? I don't know if that can be a reason or not?
My guess is that since interviews ended last Thursday, they needed the extra week so the interviewers and ambassadors could get all their evaluations in. Normally interviews are completed by the first week of February, this cycle they concluded the second week.

My guess is that since interviews ended last Thursday, they needed the extra week so the interviewers and ambassadors could get all their evaluations in. Normally interviews are completed by the first week of February, this cycle they concluded the second week.
Oh that makes so much more sense now! Thank you!

I hope you are right and silence doesn’t mean we didn’t get in. Hang in there everybody!

Reactions: 3 users
For the people who have gotten accepted, how many have strong ties to rural areas?

For the people who have gotten accepted, how many have strong ties to rural areas?
lol EVERYONE, rip - I've personally interviewed around 20 people who've been accepted during this cycle through DM's and ALL of them have an extensive rural background, most of them having grown up in a rural community like South GA or attending college in a rural town.

Keep us updated if anybody hears anything!

Reactions: 3 users
New here. Has anyone heard back after applying EDP and being deferred to regular decision?

Just got called and accepted about an hour ago at 5:30!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations!!! Well there you have it folks, looks like ADCOM met today. Hoping the rest of us get some good news later today or tomorrow as well.

When you log into your secondary portal is there a new tab for your acceptance?

Congratulations by the way!

When you log into your secondary portal is there a new tab for your acceptance?

Congratulations by the way!
Nothing looks different on my portal as of right now.

Let us know if anybody hears anything today!