2019-2020 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those who submitted update letters, did you address them to a specific dean or anything, or just to the admissions committee?
I addressed them to admission committee

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So what happens now? Do we have 1 more acceptance wave and then if we don't hear back by mid-march, we are rejected?

Reactions: 1 user
So what happens now? Do we have 1 more acceptance wave and then if we don't hear back by mid-march, we are rejected?
Yup! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont believe you will automatically be rejected...more likely waitlisted.

I dont believe you will automatically be rejected...more likely waitlisted.
No you do get automatically rejected if you do not hear anything by March 15. It is explicitly stated in the emails that they have sent through this application cycle. If you are placed on the waitlist you WILL hear from them from now until March 15 via email, if you do not then you ARE automatically rejected.

Do we know if waitlist notifications are gonna be sent out on a specific time before March 15 or do they just trickle in from now until the deadline.

Do we know if waitlist notifications are gonna be sent out on a specific time before March 15 or do they just trickle in from now until the deadline.
So referring back to last year's thread... they heard regarding acceptances on the third Wednesday of February and then there was silence until the second Wednesday in March where there was a string of posts saying "Waitlisted.". So I am assuming that they will probably send them all on one day which if they follow what they did last year and it seems like they are doing the same this year then the next day to hear back from them will be on March 11. Although people got acceptances on the second Tuesday of March so therefore, March 10-11 is the next golden opportunity hopefully. Good luck! But of course if there are any other students or current students that can help verify this question it would be much appreciated.

Reactions: 3 users
A Macon number called me twice today, but didn’t answer cause I’m a mercer aluma and thought they’d be asking for alumni donations. Turns out it was THAT call, and I’ve been accepted!

Reactions: 13 users
A Macon number called me twice today, but didn’t answer cause I’m a mercer aluma and thought they’d be asking for alumni donations. Turns out it was THAT call, and I’ve been accepted!
That is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! I did not know that they are accepting at random times now. Well everyone stay close to your phones and watch out for any Macon or Savannah numbers then because they can call anytime from now until March 15!!!

Just keep waiting, just keep waiting, just keep waiting waiting waiting thats all we do is wait!

That is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! I did not know that they are accepting at random times now. Well everyone stay close to your phones and watch out for any Macon or Savannah numbers then because they can call anytime from now until March 15!!!

Just keep waiting, just keep waiting, just keep waiting waiting waiting thats all we do is wait!
Thanks so much!! I interviewed in October, so I had been accepted the fact that I was gonna get waitlisted or rejected lol. Good luck to you and everyone else!!!

Thanks so much!! I interviewed in October, so I had been accepted the fact that I was gonna get waitlisted or rejected lol. Good luck to you and everyone else!!!

Congrats!! Did you submit any kind of update or anything between interviewing and being accepted?

Has anyone gotten accepted who interviewed in September as ED but deferred to RD?? I feel like the closest to interview to September that anyone has gotten accepted is Oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten accepted who interviewed in September as ED but deferred to RD?? I feel like the closest to interview to September that anyone has gotten accepted is Oct.

I feel like either none of us who got deferred to RD have gotten in yet, or they just aren't posting obviously. I'm hoping that since we interviewed ED and showed commitment to the school through that, we will maybe be near the top of the waitlist. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking lol.

• Hmm
Is everyone doing well here... just checking up on you all to see if you all heard anything yet or if any waitlist emails went out yet!

Hi all! Ended up withdrawing my application recently due to being accepted to my top choice, but I spoke to admissions a bit beforehand, and they told me that the class completely full, so only waitlist and rejection emails will be sent out in the coming weeks. Good luck everybody!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Hi all! Ended up withdrawing my application recently due to being accepted to my top choice, but I spoke to admissions a bit beforehand, and they told me that the class completely full, so only waitlist and rejection emails will be sent out in the coming weeks. Good luck everybody!

Congrats! So you were accepted prior to withdrawing?

Lol well this is nerve-wracking...

For Macon or Savannah campus? Or both?

They make admissions decisions as a whole and not as individual campuses so I'm assuming both if this is true.
I never knew that the Admissions people are even allowed to give out information that still remains confidential as they have not finalized the classes yet.... so how true is that above statement..... we will never know......

I never knew that the Admissions people are even allowed to give out information that still remains confidential as they have not finalized the classes yet.... so how true is that above statement..... we will never know......

Lol I would be surprised if that user just blatantly made it up for no reason, but I suppose we'll find out this week probably. Also I could see some admissions rep mentioning something like that to someone who was withdrawing their app since it wouldn't really effect that person at that point.

This was the email I received after speaking to admissions.

"At this time, the class has been filled. The alternate list will be decided on at this month’s meeting, and all final notifications will go out by the end of the month. Of course, offers can be made from the alternate list through late July."

Hope that clears up any notion that it's false information.

It’s been so long that I’ve been waiting for a decision that I honestly forgot that I even applied and interviewed here . I’m literally just catching up on months of info on this thread. I wish they were more transparent to their applicants...

It’s been so long that I’ve been waiting for a decision that I honestly forgot that I even applied and interviewed here . I’m literally just catching up on months of info on this thread. I wish they were more transparent to their applicants...
I agree 150%. I hope we hear from them soon!

Did anyone get waitlisted? They said that if you don’t hear anything by 3/15 then hasta luego baby!

Hey all. I just checked my Mercer portal to see if there were any changes, and I noticed that the final notification date has changed. If I recall correctly, I also thought it was 3/15. However, this is the message written on our portals now:

"If an EDP or Regular Pool applicant that remains under consideration is invited by the Admissions Committee to be on the Wait List, the applicant will be notified of this by e-mail by March 22, 2019. An invitation to be on the Wait List is not an offer of acceptance.
For those that are neither extended an offer of acceptance nor explicitly invited to be on the Wait List by March 20, 2020, the likelihood of acceptance this cycle (i.e., for the 2018 entering class) is quite low. For those not accepted earlier in the cycle, it may be the first week of August 2020 before notification on a final decision is communicated by e-mail."

The 2019 part is an obvious typo; however, the March 20, 2020 deadline is indicating we might have to wait a bit longer!

Hey all. I just checked my Mercer portal to see if there were any changes, and I noticed that the final notification date has changed. If I recall correctly, I also thought it was 3/15. However, this is the message written on our portals now:

"If an EDP or Regular Pool applicant that remains under consideration is invited by the Admissions Committee to be on the Wait List, the applicant will be notified of this by e-mail by March 22, 2019. An invitation to be on the Wait List is not an offer of acceptance.
For those that are neither extended an offer of acceptance nor explicitly invited to be on the Wait List by March 20, 2020, the likelihood of acceptance this cycle (i.e., for the 2018 entering class) is quite low. For those not accepted earlier in the cycle, it may be the first week of August 2020 before notification on a final decision is communicated by e-mail."

The 2019 part is an obvious typo; however, the March 20, 2020 deadline is indicating we might have to wait a bit longer!
Yeah I just saw that well gotta keep waiting another week now haha!

How do you think the coronavirus will affect the application cycle? Delayed responses? Students who do not want to travel for interviews? I mean, depending on how long this goes on, do you think the app cycle will be extended because schools are temporarily closing? Just some thoughts I've been thinking about.

How do you think the coronavirus will affect the application cycle? Delayed responses? Students who do not want to travel for interviews? I mean, depending on how long this goes on, do you think the app cycle will be extended because schools are temporarily closing? Just some thoughts I've been thinking about.
Those are all valid questions and I wish Mercer would update us. There probably will be delayed responses as you can see originally the date was 3/15/2020 for the final decisions to be released (kind of) and now it has been postponed to 3/20/2020.

I have an interview with morehouse on the 27th. I know their school does remote learning right now and I’m not sure if interviews are/will be affected. Will let y’all know if it will be. Stay safe guys.

Has anyone heard anything from Mercer this week? Assuming emails will still come this week despite the coronavirus?

Rejected post-ii just now.

Waitlist notification through email just now.

Waitlisted...anyone know when we can anticipate movement? such as when a big deposit is due for those accepted?