2019-2020 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone here waiting for an interview invite still that was deferred from ED or applied RD only? Have there been any given out this month at all yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I'm an incoming MS1 and will be attending the Macon campus this August. I noticed that quite a few current students have been monitoring this thread, and I was curious if any of you could give a brief rundown of the weekly schedule. I know the overall breakdown of the blocks and which classes are when but week to week is there a pretty consistent trend of each day? I'm just curious as to when times are that you will be required to be on campus and when you'll be able to go home for a bit (check on pets). Thanks in advance!
Current MS1 at the Savannah campus, but we follow the same schedule as Macon. For block 1 you will have pbl on Monday Wednesday and Friday from 8:45-12:00, anatomy lab EITHER Monday 1-4 or Wedsnday 1-4, not both. That’s all for Monday Wednesday and fridays. Tuesday’s and thursdays are usually lecture days, they start at 8 am and usually end at 12, sometimes 10. All other times I did not mention you are free to do as you please. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 4 users
Current MS1 at the Savannah campus, but we follow the same schedule as Macon. For block 1 you will have pbl on Monday Wednesday and Friday from 8:45-12:00, anatomy lab EITHER Monday 1-4 or Wedsnday 1-4, not both. That’s all for Monday Wednesday and fridays. Tuesday’s and thursdays are usually lecture days, they start at 8 am and usually end at 12, sometimes 10. All other times I did not mention you are free to do as you please. Hope this helps!
Wow that is amazing for independent study time! Thank you so much!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone here waiting for an interview invite still that was deferred from ED or applied RD only? Have there been any given out this month at all yet?
I had an interview on 01/09 and was invited in November. That was the only available date for interview at the time :/

• Sad
So is anyone starting to worry again lol, it’s that time again the third Wednesday of the month is today.... does that mean they are meeting today or next week due to New Years being on the first Wednesday of the month? Lol good luck to all!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! I was annoying and called the admissions office lol. The adcom isn’t meeting today. The lady who answered told me they’re meeting this month, but not today. Maybe the holidays pushed them back.

Reactions: 10 users
Hey guys! I was annoying and called the admissions office lol. The adcom isn’t meeting today. The lady who answered told me they’re meeting this month, but not today. Maybe the holidays pushed them back.
thank you!!

Wait, did you interview in Savannah or Macon?

I just received one last night for Pharmacy College

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what the deadline for interview invites is and when interviews end? Also, does anyone know, when they'll meet up again this month to invite people?

Does anyone know what the deadline for interview invites is and when interviews end? Also, does anyone know, when they'll meet up again this month to invite people?
So apparently, it will probably be in the next 2 weeks. Deadline for interview invites is tomorrow. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
So apparently, it will probably be in the next 2 weeks. Deadline for interview invites is tomorrow. Good luck!
Alright, thank you so much for the information..... it is much appreciated! Best of luck to you as well and all of us my friend and may the odds be ever in our favor!!! ..... :)

we all about to get that pre-II R

Lol oh god. Is it time to step back onto the anxiety rollercoaster of awaiting monthly decisions?

Is there someone nice enough to say (if they know) if Mercer has started putting people on the waitlist yet like notified people that they are on the waitlist? Please please if someone can respond to this BUT ONLY IF 100% CERTAIN.... that would be amazing!! I am just trying to see if we can figure out kind of where Mercer stands right now? ALSO, who still has interviews? Like do interviews go all the way to February 5th or are there a lot more later in February?

Is there someone nice enough to say (if they know) if Mercer has started putting people on the waitlist yet like notified people that they are on the waitlist? Please please if someone can respond to this BUT ONLY IF 100% CERTAIN.... that would be amazing!! I am just trying to see if we can figure out kind of where Mercer stands right now? ALSO, who still has interviews? Like do interviews go all the way to February 5th or are there a lot more later in February?

They don’t officially ask anyone to be on the waitlist until march-ish. If you’ve interviewed and haven’t heard anything it’s safe to assume you’re on the waitlist.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone taken the hit and called the admissions office yet to determine if they are meeting today or not?

Anyone taken the hit and called the admissions office yet to determine if they are meeting today or not?
I dont think anyone should call so they wont be annoyed. Just saying my opinion I could be wrong though. If you look at last year's thread or the year before that you can probably see the trend of what they have done (i.e. it seems like they meet the 4th Wed. in January).

If you’ve interviewed and haven’t heard anything it’s safe to assume you’re on the waitlist.

I don't doubt that this is often the case but out of curiosity, is this just your opinion, or substantiated in some way? Cause I've also seen multiple people on this thread say things like that some applicants are accepted 3-4 months after interviewing?

Got the A call today around 5pm! Interviewed Oct 3rd
Congratulations!! After 3 long months of waiting you finally got it!!! AMAZING!!!! Wow then does that mean the people that interviewed in January did not get accepted at all. I also thought the committee meeting was in the evening they must have had it at around 1 or 2pm then??? Did anyone from January get a call???

Congratulations!! After 3 long months of waiting you finally got it!!! AMAZING!!!! Wow then does that mean the people that interviewed in January did not get accepted at all. I also thought the committee meeting was in the evening they must have had it at around 1 or 2pm then??? Did anyone from January get a call???
Interviewed 2 weeks ago and nothing lol. Does anyone know if there’s a committee meeting in February?

Accepted. Interviewed in October.
Congratulations. I have a request to the people that got accepted last night via phone call, can you all please post when you all receive the acceptance email from Mercer today? Thank you!

Also, to the people that were accepted, can you post if you interviewed in Savannah or Macon? Thank you!

What do we know about Mercer's waitlist? How many typically are accepted from the waitlist? Does anyone know anyone who was waitlisted then accepted? This is what is on MSAR. Not sure if it's right though or not.
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 10.13.29 AM.png

What do we know about Mercer's waitlist? How many typically are accepted from the waitlist? Does anyone know anyone who was waitlisted then accepted?
Based on MSAR, Mercer accepts about 50 from the waitlist. Looking at previous sdn threads, there were quite a few people who were accepted after being waitlisted so hang in there!

Based on MSAR, Mercer accepts about 50 from the waitlist. Looking at previous sdn threads, there were quite a few people who were accepted after being waitlisted so hang in there!
Wait so are you all on the waitlist already?

Wait so are you all on the waitlist already?
I have not been OFFICIALLY wait-listed but it has been ~3 months since my interview so it's safe to say I will likely be wait-listed, at this point.

Oh I see when did you interview and where?
Interviewed at Macon earlier this month so wasn't really banking on hearing back so soon ( although it would be nice). Is today the last day they're releasing decisions from the January adcom meeting, or do they stagger it?

Interviewed at Macon earlier this month so wasn't really banking on hearing back so soon ( although it would be nice). Is today the last day they're releasing decisions from the January adcom meeting, or do they stagger it?
Today is the day! If we do not hear back we have to wait until next meeting which is on February 19. Let's get together and wait on the bandwagon. Good luck guys! They already sent out the emails at 9am so this means thats it for this month. It looks like they only accepted people that interviewed in October.

I have not been OFFICIALLY wait-listed but it has been ~3 months since my interview so it's safe to say I will likely be wait-listed, at this point.
Darn, the wait is definitely horrible.... but at least no news is good news....

Today is the day! If we do not hear back we have to wait until next meeting which is on February 19. Let's get together and wait on the bandwagon. Good luck guys! They already sent out the emails at 9am so this means thats it for this month. It looks like they only accepted people that interviewed in October.
I interviewed in October and haven’t heard back. Looking like waitlist for me lol

Has anyone who interviewed for early decision but then deferred to regular decision been accepted since then? I’ve been told in previous years that even if you don’t get in for early decision the likelihood that you will get in eventually that cycle is pretty good.