2019-2020 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted...anyone know when we can anticipate movement? such as when a big deposit is due for those accepted?
I remember seeing a post in last years thread receiving an acceptance the day they got their waitlist notification. So, any day/time.

Members don't see this ad.

I got waitlisted as well. Now hoping there's tons of movement because this is the school I want to attend and we have no idea where we are on the alternate list :(

Members don't see this ad :)
MSAR says 50 people out of 150 got off the WL last year (or whatever year they are reporting), however I wonder if we can really expect that many to be accepted off the WL this year. That would be about 20% of waitlisted applicants, so let's try to keep some hope I guess!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted. Emailed at 11:30 am. I have been accepted elsewhere, but Mercer is my top choice. Should I write a LOI?

Reactions: 1 user
Hm... I wonder if Mercer would consider accepting more students this cycle to compensate for the number of patients entering hospitals right now and number of compromised healthcare professionals. Because we really don't know how this virus will affect Georgia's communities or what diseases will be most prevalent when this is all over. Just something I've been thinking about.

Hm... I wonder if Mercer would consider accepting more students this cycle to compensate for the number of patients entering hospitals right now and number of compromised healthcare professionals. Because we really don't know how this virus will affect Georgia's communities or what diseases will be most prevalent when this is all over. Just something I've been thinking about.

Haha, I wish but probably not. Just because there could be more need for physicians doesn't mean that Mercer will have the resources to train more physicians at this time.

Reactions: 1 users
Mercer invited 230 applicants to be on the waitlist? That is what the email says

Shouldn't there have been only about 150 though? That is where im confused.

I'm a little late on this, but I was also waitlisted. After interviewing ED (in September), I was deferred to RD and got the WL email on Wednesday. I'm not losing hope though! Based on SDN threads from previous years, there seems to be a lot of movement in April and May, so all I can do now is hope for the best. Anyone else in the same boat as me (ED to WL)?

I'm a little late on this, but I was also waitlisted. After interviewing ED (in September), I was deferred to RD and got the WL email on Wednesday. I'm not losing hope though! Based on SDN threads from previous years, there seems to be a lot of movement in April and May, so all I can do now is hope for the best. Anyone else in the same boat as me (ED to WL)?
Yes I was waitlisted after interviewing as ED !

How is the waitlist crew doing?

Would anyone that is accepted be willing to kindly tell us what date Mercer has asked for final word on accepting/declining offers? That way, we may be able to get an idea of when movement happens.

Reactions: 2 users
Would anyone that is accepted be willing to kindly tell us what date Mercer has asked for final word on accepting/declining offers? That way, we may be able to get an idea of when movement happens.
On interview day, they said it was by April.

They accept ppl off the wait list all the way til right before school starts (insider info)

Thanks! I interviewed on 11/6/19 then got the waitlist notification last week. That’s a good question - I have another acceptance and an upcoming interview at another school weighing my decision. Torn.

Wow congratulations!! When did you interview? Do you think you'll choose to attend Mercer?

Wow congratulations! Did you get a call or email?
Thank you! It was a call from their admissions office. Like someone posted here earlier, keep an eye out for any random Macon (478) and Savannah (912) numbers

Reactions: 5 users
Just withdrew my spot on the WL to take an acceptance at another school. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
New here. ED. Interviewed at the Savannah campus. Waitlisted. Good luck everyone!

I have heard and read that in past years, Mercer has been unable to fill their medical school class seats. Is this true? If so, will they accept applicants who haven't interviewed?
ngl that sounds like fake news but what do i know ?

I have heard and read that in past years, Mercer has been unable to fill their medical school class seats. Is this true? If so, will they accept applicants who haven't interviewed?

Doubt this is true because that means everyone would come off their waitlist first and there are plenty of people who don't get off their waitlist.

Haven’t heard that, but even if it were true they’d never accept students who hadn’t interviewed. There’s a waitlist of 230 people for a class of 150 so they’ll have plenty of breathing room.

Yeah I do not think that is possible. You have to have been interviewed by MUSM in order to be considered to be accepted.

Would anyone happen to know the commit to enroll deadline?

Haven’t heard that, but even if it were true they’d never accept students who hadn’t interviewed. There’s a waitlist of 230 people for a class of 150 so they’ll have plenty of breathing room.
Wait, I thought the class size is 124?

I withdrew my A. Just got accepted somewhere else. Best of luck!

Reactions: 4 users