2019-2020 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, is anyone on this board planning to reapply this cycle to Mercer either RD or ED??? ..... :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully tomorrow is the day we hear back from Mercer!

I am manifesting my acceptance lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was hoping to hear from FA before April 30th. Unfortunately I didn't, so I just withdrew my A guys. Good luck my fellow future medical students!

I was accepted on the 30th.
Congratulations!!! Yeah I heard there was some movement but the biggest is coming up in the next 15 days or at least that’s what I keep hearing so keep your fingers crossed everyone!

Congratulations!!! Yeah I heard there was some movement but the biggest is coming up in the next 15 days or at least that’s what I keep hearing so keep your fingers crossed everyone!
Next 15 days? Why do you think so? is that because of the 2-week period accentance thing? I'm not fluent in all these AAMC guidelines

Also for those that have gotten accepted off of the waitlist, are they calling and sending an email or mainly just the email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Next 15 days? Why do you think so? is that because of the 2-week period accentance thing? I'm not fluent in all these AAMC guidelines
I mean I don’t know but probably people keep saying the most movement occurs within the first 15 days of AAMC April 30 commit to enroll stuff

Does anyone know about how long it takes for the “choose your school” tool to show up on amcas?

Got the call today and I'm in!! I interviewed ED way back in September so this has been a long road. Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist!

Reactions: 9 users
I got a call about 2:30 today for my acceptance! Interviewed ED in Macon at the end of August. Don't give up hope and good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 5 users
I got a call about 2:30 today for my acceptance! Interviewed ED in Macon at the end of August. Don't give up hope and good luck to everyone!!
Congratulations!!

Did anyone NOT get a call, but did get accepted via email? I feel like everyone so far got accepted by getting a phone call?

I am starting to lose hope now. I interviewed RD way back in October. The anxiety is so real

I am starting to lose hope now. I interviewed RD way back in October. The anxiety is so real
I feel you. I think for me it was the interview. I just never know if the interview at Mercer is designed to be a challenge/test/whatever. I do know that a lot of my friends that got accepted said their interview went very smoothly. Also, I've been told it heavily depends on who interviews you. My interviewer really challenged every detail of my application, while a lot of my accepted friends said theirs was like talking to someone at a bar. I'm sure there's a method to the madness (they probably pre-determine who interviews you based on your stats [total speculation here]), but it's frustrating nonetheless to know I could have potentially interviewed with a 4th year instead of someone seemingly trying to break me down. It doesn't seem "balanced". This whole process has really taught me to just stop worrying about it and do what I can to strengthen my application for the future

Reactions: 2 users
I feel you. I think for me it was the interview. I just never know if the interview at Mercer is designed to be a challenge/test/whatever. I do know that a lot of my friends that got accepted said their interview went very smoothly. Also, I've been told it heavily depends on who interviews you. My interviewer really challenged every detail of my application, while a lot of my accepted friends said theirs was like talking to someone at a bar. I'm sure there's a method to the madness (they probably pre-determine who interviews you based on your stats [total speculation here]), but it's frustrating nonetheless to know I could have potentially interviewed with a 4th year instead of someone seemingly trying to break me down. It doesn't seem "balanced". This whole process has really taught me to just stop worrying about it and do what I can to strengthen my application for the future
Although I must say that my interview at MCG went very smoothly, and I'm still on the WL there as well. IDK dawg

You are SO right! Thank you so much for this.

Don't lose hope, but also be prepared. You obviously had the qualifications for them to not outright reject you. Granted I've applied 3 times and this was my first interview, but still I haven't lost hope, but each time I've better prepared myself. I'm preparing my application for ED since Mercer is my first choice. I'm not going at it with the mentality of not getting in, but rather being prepared if I am too far down the list. Who knows, come July they could give you that much desired phone call. The best way to help calm that anxiety is to have a good plan B in place.

Don't lose hope, but also be prepared. You obviously had the qualifications for them to not outright reject you. Granted I've applied 3 times and this was my first interview, but still I haven't lost hope, but each time I've better prepared myself. I'm preparing my application for ED since Mercer is my first choice. I'm not going at it with the mentality of not getting in, but rather being prepared if I am too far down the list. Who knows, come July they could give you that much desired phone call. The best way to help calm that anxiety is to have a good plan B in place.
You are absolutely correct! I think that's very important, to just keep trying until you reach your goal. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone NOT get a call, but did get accepted via email? I feel like everyone so far got accepted by getting a phone call?

I’m an upcoming 3rd year, but I just wanted to say that I never got a phone call. I actually just randomly went on my portal one morning meaning to pull some info (I hadn’t checked my email yet) and the portal had an accepted tab. That’s how I found out I was accepted lol

But don’t give up hope guys! I know people in my year who were accepted in May. I am also not sure if/how COVID is affecting things

I felt this way too. I had a very difficult interviewer who I later found out is a veryyy important faculty member, and I thought that interview totally killed my chances, but it didn’t! I personally believe that Mercer’s interviews aren’t designed to be a challenge, every interviewer is just different. I will say I highly doubt the interviewer based on your stats theory is true.

Reactions: 1 users
How is the waitlist crew doing? Any new movement?

I am on the waitlist for Mercer. But have to sign a lease for an apartment at another school soon. Should I keep on waiting? Do you all think there will be significant movement in the next week?

I am on the waitlist for Mercer. But have to sign a lease for an apartment at another school soon. Should I keep on waiting? Do you all think there will be significant movement in the next week?
You have to weigh your options. If waiting on Mercer, who no one can say for sure may or may not contact you, will cause you to miss out on a for sure opportunity I would say go for that opportunity. You have to take in consideration the time you’ll need to get prepared and move for the other school when making your decision just in case you don’t hear from Mercer.

will be withdrawing my application off the waitlist, got accepted to my top choice. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 7 users
Haha no, I wasn’t accepted. I’m wondering because I’m on the WL and curious as to when we should expect the last real movement.

Haha no, I wasn’t accepted. I’m wondering because I’m on the WL and curious as to when we should expect the last real movement.
Movement will continue until August so there are many many chances is what I have heard!

Movement will continue until August so there are many many chances is what I have heard!

Haha sure but realistically there shouldn't be much movement after the CTE deadline because students are required to withdraw from all other schools and commit to Mercer at that point. Any movement after that happens in August would be a very one-off situation.

EDIT: I know there must be a CTE deadline for Mercer but they haven't posted it anywhere that I can find and my MSAR subscription has expired. Anyone currently have MSAR that can check it? I think it's posted there.

Haha sure but realistically there shouldn't be much movement after the CTE deadline because students are required to withdraw from all other schools and commit to Mercer at that point. Any movement after that happens in August would be a very one-off situation.

EDIT: I know there must be a CTE deadline for Mercer but they haven't posted it anywhere that I can find and my MSAR subscription has expired. Anyone currently have MSAR that can check it? I think it's posted there.

I've asked an accepted Mercer student about the CTE date, and he said he doesn't know when that is as it wasn't stated in his accepted email (which I know, strange). Only the orientation date which is 8/10. I tried to find the CTE of last year's cycle and couldn't find it. Does Mercer even have a date? Can an accepted student verify this?

I've asked an accepted Mercer student about the CTE date, and he said he doesn't know when that is as it wasn't stated in his accepted email (which I know, strange). Only the orientation date which is 8/10. I tried to find the CTE of last year's cycle and couldn't find it. Does Mercer even have a date? Can an accepted student verify this?
I was not told of a CTE deadline upon my acceptance either and can’t find it anywhere. I asked a friend who is a current first year and he told me that CTE is typically 21 days before orientation, but he is also unsure of Mercer’s deadline.