-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Michigan State
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For those that interviewed/have already filled out the paperwork; which grade did you put on the coursework model? The grade on your transcript or the AMCAS grade?
I used AMCAS, but they should be pretty much the same
II today!! Super excited. I'll be interviewing 1/13 at the Grand Rapids campus. 🙂
LM score and complete date if you don’t mind?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MichiganGirl1221
Full Member
LM ~69, complete early August!LM score and complete date if you don’t mind?
II today. Interviewing 11/22 at the East Lansing campus.
II today. Interviewing 11/22 at the East Lansing campus.
Congrats!! Complete date??
Thank you! Complete mid-October.Congrats!! Complete date??
Rejected pre-II. Forwarded for review 8/20. IS LM 75
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D
deleted904276
R. Forwarded 8/9
+1R. Forwarded 8/9
+2 forwarded 8/10
Anyone know when they typically re-review after put on pre-II hold?
In the past, it's been around January!
Rosiris Fleetfoot
Full Member
Yeah, its January. I looked at the website and emailed them to confirm.Anyone know when they typically re-review after put on pre-II hold?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II earlier this week, OOS reapplicant complete in early August, see y'all in January.
Were you initially put on hold?
Were you initially put on hold?
Don't think so.
econwonkMD
Full Member
To all that completed their interview: How was the pre-interview mixer in Lansing? Was it a structured event with an agenda or more of a social mixer with other interviewees and med students? Also, what was the dress code? Thank you!
To all that completed their interview: How was the pre-interview mixer in Lansing? Was it a structured event with an agenda or more of a social mixer with other interviewees and med students? Also, what was the dress code? Thank you!
My pre-interview mixer was in GR. But it was essentially a social mixer with the opportunity to tour/talk to med students. The dress style varied with some in jeans and others in full suits. So I would recommend something in the middle like business casual. It did help me get over the pre-interview jitters and gave me a chance to see some of the other interviewees so we didn't feel like complete strangers the next day.
econwonkMD
Full Member
Thank you! Did you interview in GR or did you had to drive to Lansing for the interview?.... Mine is a little funny bc my mixer is in Lansing but the interview is in GR the following day! Yeah - thanks for the feedback about the dress code.My pre-interview mixer was in GR. But it was essentially a social mixer with the opportunity to tour/talk to med students. The dress style varied with some in jeans and others in full suits. So I would recommend something in the middle like business casual. It did help me get over the pre-interview jitters and gave me a chance to see some of the other interviewees so we didn't feel like complete strangers the next day.
Same and congrats!II today!! Super excited. I'll be interviewing 1/13 at the Grand Rapids campus. 🙂
Thank you! Did you interview in GR or did you had to drive to Lansing for the interview?.... Mine is a little funny bc my mixer is in Lansing but the interview is in GR the following day! Yeah - thanks for the feedback about the dress code.
I interviewed in East Lansing. I think they split up the locations for the mixer/interview so that you have a chance to explore and talk to students from both campuses.
Benskinner01
Full Member
From what I've noticed, people receive the R the day after the II wave.
champagneandstethoscopes
Full Member
Has anyone heard back about acceptances today? Today is a decision release day, and I haven’t seen any action on the page. I’ve been anxiously staring at my phone all afternoon
Hi folks! Getting ready for my interview. Without violating the CA you signed, can those who interviewed share the overall vibe of the interview day?
Thanks!
Thanks!
It’s great to see both campuses and have frank conversations with current students. Really helped me to appreciate the curriculum. But you could also see the other campus post-interview.Don’t think I can attend the pre-interview mixer; did any of you that interviewed think it was vital to attend? Thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I attended and it's nice to take a look at the campus but other than that you aren't missing out on anything aside from talking to some GR M2s.Don’t think I can attend the pre-interview mixer; did any of you that interviewed think it was vital to attend? Thanks
I interviewed in GR. It was a great interview, although long I appreciated it because they gave a lot of information where other schools I interviewed at with half day interviews weren't able to offer that much info. All the faculty is super nice, the full length day allows you to connect with the school and see if it would be a good fit. They do their best to make you feel not stressed and the students that you talk with are all super friendly! I loved my interview and it is a big reason why I chose this school over the other ones I interviewed at 🙂 good luck!Hi folks! Getting ready for my interview. Without violating the CA you signed, can those who interviewed share the overall vibe of the interview day?
Thanks!
Does anyone know if msu chm gives their students any study resources for free? For example I have friends in other medical schools where their school gives them boards and beyond and pathoma for free.
I think the list gets a lot of movement. Did they email you?Put on the alternate list today...interviewed 11/15 am really hoping to go here!
I think the list gets a lot of movement. Did they email you?
I hope so! Yes they sent an email
For applicants who have already interviewed OR current students: Is the one-on-one interview open-file or closed file? Also, what year is the medical student that is interviewing you, are they M1/2/3/4? Thanks, and best of luck to everyone!
@deldred33
New Member
Hey! So for everyone who has been going nuts not hearing anything or for those who were on hold, keep your head up. I submitted my secondary back in July and then was placed on hold in October. Other than that I hadn't heard anything. BUT I just received an email with an interview invite! Just because you were on hold doesn't mean anything. Good news is coming!
Hey there. I recently interviewed and it was open file with a first year med student!!For applicants who have already interviewed OR current students: Is the one-on-one interview open-file or closed file? Also, what year is the medical student that is interviewing you, are they M1/2/3/4? Thanks, and best of luck to everyone!
I believe it was semi open as in they don’t get gpa or Mcat but everything else they can seeFor applicants who have already interviewed OR current students: Is the one-on-one interview open-file or closed file? Also, what year is the medical student that is interviewing you, are they M1/2/3/4? Thanks, and best of luck to everyone!
Hey there. I recently interviewed and it was open file with a first year med student!!
I believe it was semi open as in they don’t get gpa or Mcat but everything else they can see
Oh wow, thank you so much guys! I wish both of the best in the cycle 🙂!!!
islandgirl94
Full Member
II today! 😀
champagneandstethoscopes
Full Member
Anyone hear back about acceptances today?
student233
Full Member
I wish I could give a concrete answer to this, but I don't know, he did not specify whether or not he called all acceptances. I got a call from him at about 8:30 PM EST, so it was pretty late.
Best of luck to you!
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I have read in the rest of this thread, once they place you on the alternate list, they welcome updates. Outside of that, they do not.Does anyone know if they accept updates/intent letters?
Thanks for the reply!From what I have read in the rest of this thread, once they place you on the alternate list, they welcome updates. Outside of that, they do not.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!Accepted just now!! Ahhhh
IS non trad, interviewed 11/15
Thank you! Best phone call I’ve received in a while.CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!