You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Michigan State
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
CorgiLover22
Full Member
Is a pre-II hold a good thing? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s not a pre-II R, so yesIs a pre-II hold a good thing? Thanks!
pre- interview R Canadian
I thought my application was strong (3.96 science GPA, 516 MCAT, strong reference letters, CASPer felt good and I prepared a lot for it, diverse and long term ECs)... But I may have made a mistake submitting so late (Nov. 1st) or maybe there is a weakness in my application I didn’t realize. However, congrats to all those who got an interview or acceptance... and for those who didn’t, hang in there! You got this!
I thought my application was strong (3.96 science GPA, 516 MCAT, strong reference letters, CASPer felt good and I prepared a lot for it, diverse and long term ECs)... But I may have made a mistake submitting so late (Nov. 1st) or maybe there is a weakness in my application I didn’t realize. However, congrats to all those who got an interview or acceptance... and for those who didn’t, hang in there! You got this!
pre- interview R Canadian
I thought my application was strong (3.96 science GPA, 516 MCAT, strong reference letters, CASPer felt good and I prepared a lot for it, diverse and long term ECs)... But I may have made a mistake submitting so late (Nov. 1st) or maybe there is a weakness in my application I didn’t realize. However, congrats to all those who got an interview or acceptance... and for those who didn’t, hang in there! You got this!
Hey I'm really sorry to hear that, you are an extremely strong candidate so that's really disappointing. I wish you the best in the cycle though, I hope you find what you are looking for.
Thank you very much! Hoping the best for you as well 🙂Hey I'm really sorry to hear that, you are an extremely strong candidate so that's really disappointing. I wish you the best in the cycle though, I hope you find what you are looking for.
Any news/ ideas about waitlist movement?
Congrats and good luck !
Anyone know how late they interview ?
Through the end of February, as per their interview website.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea there was a coat room across the hall where they place you
Awesome! Thank you so much!
Completed about a month earlier than you, no news yet...My application has been marked complete since 8/30, have received no further communication, anyone else in the same boat?
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
doctor_coffee
Full Member
Wishful thinking that they make a few surprise acceptance calls today
Happy new year and good luck to everybody once the decisions start rolling next week! 🙂
Happy new year and good luck to everybody once the decisions start rolling next week! 🙂
Is there a reason why you think they make acceptance calls today? I’m just curiousWishful thinking that they make a few surprise acceptance calls today
Happy new year and good luck to everybody once the decisions start rolling next week! 🙂
doctor_coffee
Full Member
No reason at all haha it was just wishful hopeful thinking to year back from themIs there a reason why you think they make acceptance calls today? I’m just curious
They have a general agenda on the interview page on their website!! 🙂Anyone else interviewing at GR on Monday? Did they send out an agenda for the day? couldn't find anything on the emails they sent or the portal :/
Anyone else interviewing at GR on Monday? Did they send out an agenda for the day? couldn't find anything on the emails they sent or the portal :/
Here’s the link with the sample agenda from their website: Interviews | Office of Admissions | Michigan State University
I too am interviewing tomorrow at GR, hope we can meet! Best of luck!
Here’s the link with the sample agenda from their website: Interviews | Office of Admissions | Michigan State University
I too am interviewing tomorrow at GR, hope we can meet! Best of luck!
Did anyone go to the pre-I mixer?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did anyone go to the pre-I mixer?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really wish I did but I just couldn’t make it work.
Heisenberg97
Full Member
Have any accepted students received their official acceptance email yet(after the background check)?
Nope! Waiting alsoHave any accepted students received their official acceptance email yet(after the background check)?
champagneandstethoscopes
Full Member
Any word yet?
This waiting is driving me insane...Any word yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same.This waiting is driving me insane...
9
994904
Congrats!! What day did you interview? Just wanna see how long it’s taking them to review intervieweesGot the call around 9pm tonight! SOOOO excited!! This was my top pick!
Last edited by a moderator:
Do they ever accept on decision days LOL or just night before
My exact thought process lol. But perhaps Dr. Maurer figures it was too late to call people.Do they ever accept on decision days LOL or just night before
Gpeter9258
New Member
November 22nd at EL!Congrats!! What day did you interview? Just wanna see how long it’s taking them to review interviewees![]()
champagneandstethoscopes
Full Member
Really REALLY hoping they still have calls to make today...
Interviewed 11/22 still nothing.
Is this school still interviewing? Silence since mid september, OOS, LM 67-68. Anyone else in the same boat?
Is this school still interviewing? Silence since mid september, OOS, LM 67-68. Anyone else in the same boat?
I think someone on this thread said they interview into late Feb
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D
deleted874093
Do they always give a call for acceptances? Wondering because I interviewed 12/2 and currently at work and unable to answer phone calls, but have my email open on another tab
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this school still interviewing? Silence since mid september, OOS, LM 67-68. Anyone else in the same boat?
Yeah theyre still interviewing, mine is at East Lansing on 1/24
Do they always give a call for acceptances? Wondering because I interviewed 12/2 and currently at work and unable to answer phone calls, but have my email open on another tab
From what I remember, no not always. Also you will be notified of your A anyways (via email/portal IIRC) if you miss the phone call, so don't worry
LexieGreyMD2019
Full Member
Pre II R just now. Complete 9/5
[/QUOTsorry to hear that! 🙁 was it on the portal of through email?