2019-2020 NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know if the admissions office is receptive to post-II status checks?
I wouldn’t. From the previous poster, it seems like all As pre 4/30 are all sent out. Rest of us will be hearing soon about WL or R.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn’t. From the previous poster, it seems like all As pre 4/30 are all sent out. Rest of us will be hearing soon about WL or R.
not to be super neurotic and crazy but at least 8-15 of them are current students/admissions committee people so don't give up hope yet everyone lol

Reactions: 1 user
not to be super neurotic and crazy but at least 8-15 of them are current students/admissions committee people so don't give up hope yet everyone lol
Not to be a bubble burster, and there may be another small A -wave in the coming weeks, but the number is closer to 120 than 110, and, yes, I'd say there are probably 20 other people in the group who aren't 2024 admits

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
dean rivera did say 150 acceptances, but also im sure some people didn't join the FB group. I know im not joining any facebook groups till I get a new profile picture

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
dean rivera did say 150 acceptances, but also im sure some people didn't join the FB group. I know im not joining any facebook groups till I get a new profile picture

Strange, he told my cohort between 110 and 120 acceptances. He sounded scared of over-enrolling lol

Rejected post I

• Dislike
Members don't see this ad :)
R. Damn there does my only shot at staying in the same city as my girlfriend.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone know how big the waitlist is this year/how many they anticipate accepting off of it? The WL email says it is “significantly smaller than in previous years”

Anyone know how big the waitlist is this year/how many they anticipate accepting off of it? The WL email says it is “significantly smaller than in previous years”
Got that hot WL too. I was reading last year’s thread and apparently the WL email said that same thing and there appeared to be a quite small amount of movement. :(

Waitlisted as well. A friend of mine got off the waitlist last year so there is definitely hope! Rivera said there were 60 acceptances given out after their initial 110 through the remainder of the season

R. Really feeling like I'm never gonna get that A somewhere...

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Big R. Kinda processed this months ago after hearing about their such low acceptance rate/not liking my mmi experience so whatevah. Good luck to everyone else.

So on their Twitter account today:
All of our final decisions will be going out today! Best of luck to all applicants! #medschool

We knew they were up to between 60-80 Acceptances including the last few weeks of interviews. SO, do we think they sent out 30- 40ish Acceptances today? Or do we think WL will make up the next 40, or what?

Post-II R yesterday! Gmail sorted it in with promotions so i didnt see lol.
I’m free, goodbye all best of luck in the trenches :,-)

• Dislike
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
R yesterday. Def top 5 R letter of the cycle imo, the "i hope we cross paths again" was a nice touch

• Wow
  • Haha
Does anyone know if all MD/PhD decisions have also been released?

They will probs give offers until March as people start to withdrawal with other acceptances. I think right now tho it is probably a lot of people’s top MD/PhD offer (including me) but once non rolling places start giving acceptances, I bet there will be movement!!

I got an email recently about a background check for admitted applicants. anyone else admitted to NYU get it? I'm curious how long before we need to finish it, as there's quite a bit of info to fill out...

It seems like a lot but I found it only took about 15-20 minutes to finish! Not sure when we have to complete it by though.

I got an email recently about a background check for admitted applicants. anyone else admitted to NYU get it? I'm curious how long before we need to finish it, as there's quite a bit of info to fill out...
What was the subject line of this email? I don't remember if I've done this yet or not.

I have to go back and figure out all my residences/dates...moved around too much in my life!
It seems like a lot but I found it only took about 15-20 minutes to finish! Not sure when we have to complete it by though.

R post-II. Also didn't see it because it was in my "promotions" tab on gmail

• Sad
Post II R, also in my promotions tab. We had a good run folks.

• Sad
Does NYU do internal rankings? I have heard they do but MSAR says they do not rank students.

I found this older post that may (big question mark, lol) help answer: Internal ranking?

Originally, I was going to say that the presence of AOA would more or less imply ranking, but it seems the way NYU does it is on a need-to-know basis (i.e. module performance outside of "P or F" is maintained by the instructor, and an unranked list of the top students in each module is given to the review committee). More on this is here: https://med.nyu.edu/education/md-degree/sites/default/files/alpha-omega-alpha-honor-society.pdf

Last edited: