Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, does anyone have info on when merit scholarhsips will be released? ie beyond full tuitiion? Thanks!
I think that info is shared in the original acceptance call (at least that was the case for me)
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Also, does anyone have info on when merit scholarhsips will be released? ie beyond full tuitiion? Thanks!
My guess is that most people considering other schools over NYU are still waiting to hear from other T20 programs. Those expecting full or near most need-based financial aid would not feel the same stickyness of an NYU tuition free offer, and then there will be some trading in free tuition for higher perceived prestige—- all of whom are likely waiting to receive more info from other schools.Are any accepted people considering other schools over NYU? If so, can you PM me - would like to hear your thoughts.
Any admitted MSTPs receive any info about the revisit yet? Mainly just trying to figure out if I'm supposed to book my own flight or if they are taking care of it. If nobody's heard I'll just reach out and ask them.
I got information like two days ago about MSTP revisit, so MD only stuff will probably come out pretty soonhas the school given any information about revisit?
One of the current students I talked to also said our second look would be the 23-25th. Looking forward to meeting everyone 🙂
When is MSTP revisit?
I believe so. I sent a LOI(interest)/Update when first placed on the waitlist. I believe he only meant not to send it before you were done with interviews and other schools' decisions.I know Dean Rivera said they didn't want LOIs during interview day, but are they receptive to them if you're on the WL?
Did you get a reply to that or hear back?
This MSTP waitlist is giving me generalized anxiety disorder
If it helps at all, I will most likely be withdrawing my acceptance soon!
Also withdrawing! Planning to do it this week so that should hopefully help 🙂
If it helps at all, I will most likely be withdrawing my acceptance soon!
Thanks a lot, this is my last shot before having to reapply! Fingers crossed 🙂
Very curious and would like to ask those who indicated they are withdrawing from their Acceptance, what is the reason?
1. Did you just like another program better and are willing to pay significantly more?
or
2. Did you just like another program better and cost was about the same or close enough due to Need Based Financial Aide?
or
3. Did you just like another program better and cost was about the same or close enough due to need Merit scholarship?
or
4. Other (please tell)
Best of luck.
I read some people earlier on this thread saying that they received their financial packages in January or February. I have not yet received one, but are we talking about different things?
I received an email that looked like it was going to the whole admitted class which said they will send packages next week. Did the people in January and February get their packages before this group of students, or are they different things?
Hey! I am currently on the waitlist for NYU SOM and recently learned that NYU takes about 1/5th of the waitlisted students off of the waitlist (source: MSAR, March 2020).
Are there any current students/admissions persons who could potentially shed some light on what the waitlist process looks like? I know that 1/5 is better odds than many places but it also is still not a crazy high acceptance rate.
To be more specific: is there any way for me to know my 'position' on the waitlist? If I am high up on the list, I would most certainly want to maintain my place. If I am, however, in the bottom fifth of 'waitlistees', I would want to have that knowledge so I can move on with my life. I am fortunate to be in a school that I love (albeit will likely be >2x the cost of NYU and not in highly-urban setting) so it would be great to end the emotionally exhausting process of medical school admissions and start looking forward to my current 'intend to enroll' institution.
Feel free to message me or reply if you have any info!
Just a current student lurking the thread but excited for those who have committed and those who will eventually commit!Hey y'all! Is there anyone on here who has definitely decided on NYU? Looking forward to talking with some future classmates
What date should LOIs be sent by in order to be read in time for decisions to be made?
I'm assuming there is no answer to this as of now, but how will the pandemic affect the class entering this upcoming fall, esp those on the 3-year pathway who were intended to start earlier in late July?
Hey y'all! Is there anyone on here who has definitely decided on NYU? Looking forward to talking with some future classmates
Any current students know what the monthly price of Vilcek is including utilities? Trying to figure out what cost of living would come out to at NYU
Define low and then use MSAR to look up their published 10th percentile gpa.Anyone get into NYU with a low GPA?
Anyone get into NYU with a low GPA?
Any current students know what the monthly price of Vilcek is including utilities? Trying to figure out what cost of living would come out to at NYU
Attached are the updated monthly charges for each Vilcek apartment type next year! This includes all utilities (heat/water/gas/AC/internet).
View attachment 302425
Where can we find pictures/floor plans of the housing and of the medical school itself? I can't find any online...
There will be housing and campus tours during (virtual) revisit! Additional housing information can be found here: Housing for MD & MD/PhD Students | NYU Langone Health. If you scroll to where it says "Jan and Maria Vilcek Hall" and then click on the "Learn more about Vilcek Hall" link, it will download a PDF with more information and sample floor plans (although all the doubles are a little different).
If I remember correctly, the housing registration/assignment process takes place in late May.
Also wondering this. Really hoping that our classes won't start online.Does NYU plan on still starting in early August this year? Apparently washu is going to be starting 8 weeks later than they planned.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.