-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Ohio State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
did you submit your FASFA by the deadline?
not sure when the deadline was, but probably not since I only submitted as soon as I interviewed (early March)... I guess I was just hoping they could get packages to everyone accepted before 4/30
not sure when the deadline was, but probably not since I only submitted as soon as I interviewed (early March)... I guess I was just hoping they could get packages to everyone accepted before 4/30
I went back through my acceptance email and it says they expect to get them out by April 15th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted962695
Are interviews over here?
D
deleted962695
I really appreciate your well wishes, congrats on your acceptances! I have been having a hard time logging in to the portal unfortunately haha so I have not been able to check it at all. Hopefully I did not miss any important information, I am guessing it would have come via email anyway. And you're right, if they are interviewing from September through March, II's are probably long over.I think it's pretty likely over, unfortunately. I've been checking my Vitals every day this month hoping for a nice surprise, but their website says they interview from September through March (Deadlines| Ohio State College of Medicine). And since Tuesday is the last day of March, I'm guessing that's all she wrote. Fingers crossed on one or more of your waitlists coming through!
ravensfan78
Full Member
I guess it's about time to give up hope on an interview
I emailed them last week. They said all interview slots are full, but not all interviews have been conducted. So if someone cancels their interview, a slot will open up. If not, there will be no more interview invites
D
deleted621740
Has anyone on here received a merit scholarship offer yet? For some reason, it's hard for me to believe that not a single SDNer has gotten one yet given that they are supposedly given on a rolling basis.
Do they ever send pre-II R?I guess it's about time to give up hope on an interview
i didn’t get oneDo they ever send pre-II R?
Match Results | Ohio State College of Medicine 2020 released!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Grats! Did they say why they released decisions on a Thursday? Is that replacing this upcoming Tuesday?
Hm..I don't know. It surprised me too.
Were you originally deferred? If you don't mind me askingHm..I don't know. It surprised me too.
Yeah I was. Deferred 1/28. Accepted 4/2.Were you originally deferred? If you don't mind me asking
@md2be1122
Merit based scholarships have been issued, but that doesn't mean someone holding a merit based scholarship/OSU acceptance will attend. In the event that they withdraw (April 30?) you could be reconsidered for the scholarship money
got this info from the financial aid office
Merit based scholarships have been issued, but that doesn't mean someone holding a merit based scholarship/OSU acceptance will attend. In the event that they withdraw (April 30?) you could be reconsidered for the scholarship money
got this info from the financial aid office
Cool, thank you! It's good to know there's at least a shot. Hopefully if folks who are holding scholarships don't include OSU on their lists of three by the 15th, then the scholarships can be reallocated before the 30th, so that it would actually factor into decision-making!!@md2be1122
Merit based scholarships have been issued, but that doesn't mean someone holding a merit based scholarship/OSU acceptance will attend. In the event that they withdraw (April 30?) you could be reconsidered for the scholarship money
got this info from the financial aid office
mimifutureobgyn
Full Member
My apologies! Congrats on the other acceptances. What are your stats if you dont mindI still haven't received an actual email from OSU, but my Vitals finally acknowledged what I already knew... "R"
Congrats to those who made it!!
View attachment 301795
mimifutureobgyn
Full Member
Congrats! Stats?Acceptance this morning on Vitals!
Withdrew a few days ago, hopefully the spot will go to one of you, good luck!
Should be on your buckeyelink alreadyShould we expect a financial aid package by end of day April 15th?
Should be on your buckeyelink already
Thanks! On a related note, does anyone else feel that OSU overstates the value of in-state reclassification? The cost of attendance falls by $27-28k in M2 but then rises by roughly the same amount in M3-M4.
steponitpatrick
Full Member
Hi guys! I’m not seeing the financial aid on my account. Like there’s no aid year button available... does this mean that I got no aid or do I just have to wait until tomorrow?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YerAWizardKhalifa
Full Member
Me too, wondering the same!Hi guys! I’m not seeing the financial aid on my account. Like there’s no aid year button available... does this mean that I got no aid or do I just have to wait until tomorrow?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
steponitpatrick
Full Member
In addition to my last question, do u guys know where I can buy osu com apparel if at all?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has anyone received the Dean's Scholarship yet?
Last edited:
AlexCarusoStan
Full Member
It looks like scholarship notices were sent out around this time last year, so people should start hearing soon.Has anyone received about Dean's Scholarship yet?
D
deleted621740
I actually emailed them two days ago to ask about matching another scholarship offer that I have and they told me that scholarship funds are limited at this time, but any additional scholarships will be given out by the end of the month. They also said that scholarships will be redistributed throughout the spring and summer as funds become available (i.e., people withdraw their acceptances). So, my guess is that there are probably no more full scholarships atm...
Got the deferred status email - got a heart attack because the email started with congratulations..
to current students or anyone who knows, which model ipad does OSU provide through the tuition? thanks
On my iPad it says 6th generation! I am not sure whether it will be the same for next year, but that is what we currently have. Hope that is what you were looking for!
Thanks! On a related note, does anyone else feel that OSU overstates the value of in-state reclassification? The cost of attendance falls by $27-28k in M2 but then rises by roughly the same amount in M3-M4.
Yes the cost of attendance rises in M3-M4 but it rises for both in state and out of state students. So, while the total cost does increase, I think you save somewhere in the neighborhood of 60-80k over years 3 and 4 by switching to instate. It is definitely worth it and I do not think they overstate the value!
In addition to my last question, do u guys know where I can buy osu com apparel if at all?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At some point over the summer a link will be sent out where you can buy apparel. The OSU bookstore has one shirt that says college of medicine on it, but if you wait for the link there is a much larger selection!
Does anyone know if OSU does post-interview rejections?
I asked the same thing earlier in this thread. Someone said they do but I don't think any have been postedDoes anyone know if OSU does post-interview rejections?
Is a car needed for the first year or is the public transportation in Columbus sufficient to reach all clinical sites?
Depending on how close you live to campus, a car is not needed. I do not have one and I have been fine. The only thing you may need transport for is Longitudinal Practice, but you can request a site on OSU's campus if you do not have a car.
Hope this helps!
The deposit is due when we commit to enroll, right? We don’t have to submit it if we’ve only chosen plan to enroll so far?
Withdrew today. Hope one of you get my spot! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know how we withdraw? I clicked the link on the portal but nothing happened.
Anyone know how we withdraw? I clicked the link on the portal but nothing happened.
They will send you an email confirmation a while after!
Anyone know how we withdraw? I clicked the link on the portal but nothing happened.
All I did was click the link and that was it. Got an email a few hours later confirming it
Edit: Btw, good luck to everyone waiting on the WL!
D
deleted621740
Oof...withdrawn. This was a tough decision. I really like OSU.
Good luck to you all!
Good luck to you all!
mimifutureobgyn
Full Member
I am waitlisted at OSU but have an acceptance at another institution. I've paid my enrollment deposit because yesterday was the deadline. Can I commit to my accepted school and still wait on OSU.