2019-2020 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After submitting, why is the page with the degree, school, graduation date etc. blank? I literally saved it multiple times, and everytime I logged out that page was blank and I had to rewrite everything. Literally quadruple checked that it was filled in before I submitted... Anyone else?
I just checked and mine was not blank. It might just be a glitch on your end.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 users
Did the Ohio State supplemental crash sss.gov?

"We apologize. Your request cannot be processed at this time because we are experiencing technical difficulties. One of our system components is not operational. We are aware of and are currently attempting to correct the problem. Please try again later."

Yeah I keep getting the same thing. I'm planning to try again tomorrow. If it doesn't work, I'll call.

For "improving people's lives through... patient care" I get the sense that you cant really back this up unless you have direct patient care experiences like being an ED tech or medic, guess I just gotta go with research and patient education...

Sorry I just want to say the OSU application portal is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

/end rant

Reactions: 9 users
Yeah I keep getting the same thing. I'm planning to try again tomorrow. If it doesn't work, I'll call.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! I've been trying to get on that website for an hour! I've also tried calling, but the ROBOT MESSENGER keeps hanging up on me!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
ONE TIP FOR ANYONE GETTING ERRORS:
-Check your academic institution page to ensure the "SCHOOL IDENTIFIER" is valid. I am a re-applicant and last years data was loaded. I had UCLA-Extension from last year with a valid identifier code, however, this year that institution is no longer in their database. I deleted this institution and every time I hit save application, there were no errors. It's possible your errors are occurring due to invalid data in certain fields. Goodluck!!!

Has anyone actually managed to get their activation code? I have tried over 20 times with as many combinations as I could think of and copy-pasted the username they gave me and still not a thing. No help on the IT website either

Also, I can't remember if they ask for your birthday or not, but if so, don't just type it in. Use the dropdown. It was finicky with me when I tried to type a date in a different spot.
There wasn't a dropdown option for my form. What browser were you using?

I use Chrome beta on my laptop. Is it asking for your bday? I couldn't remember.
Yeah. Something funky is clearly going on since I'm on chrome too. I emailed the IT department hopefully they can help me sort the stuff out.

On the bright side this stuff happened after I submitted my secondary so it shouldn't be pushing my review back at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah. Something funky is clearly going on since I'm on chrome too. I emailed the IT department hopefully they can help me sort the stuff out.

On the bright side this stuff happened after I submitted my secondary so it shouldn't be pushing my review back at all.
So to their credit they got back to me in about three minutes and fixed it. Still don't know why the form wasn't working but there you go

I am so glad I spent today spamming the UMich thread instead of filling out this secondary. I mean, eventually I will get it done...but this thing sounds like a nightmare.

I am so glad I spent today spamming the UMich thread instead of filling out this secondary. I mean, eventually I will get it done...but this thing sounds like a nightmare.
It is indeed a nightmare Catalyst is the worst program I've dealt with in existence. Far worse then any EMR system!
I worked with catalyst when I was at UC for undergrad (as a student just for the last semester and as an employee) also at Case as a graduate. I don't know why we switched other than $$ reasons cause it's super buggy.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! I've been trying to get on that website for an hour! I've also tried calling, but the ROBOT MESSENGER keeps hanging up on me!
Did the Ohio State supplemental crash sss.gov?

"We apologize. Your request cannot be processed at this time because we are experiencing technical difficulties. One of our system components is not operational. We are aware of and are currently attempting to correct the problem. Please try again later."

It works now!!!

What activation code are you talking about? At first I thought you were talking about the one in the initial email to set up a secondary account but then you said “after submitting” so now I’m confused lol

edit: oh, now I'm thinking you're referring to the second email that you get after submitting, which I have not gotten yet :S

Last edited:
What activation code are you talking about? At first I thought you were talking about the one in the initial email to set up a secondary account but then you said “after submitting” so now I’m confused lol

edit: oh, now I'm thinking you're referring to the second email that you get after submitting, which I have not gotten yet :S
I am literally so confused about this whole thing I don't know if the answer to this question is yes or no.

I successfully logged into the first portal but it didn't really tell us anything, then the second login from the second email won't let me log in with my AMCAS ID so I'm just going to assume that whoever gets the first II won't be me and will post how they got the invite. If it's through the portal then that's a problem for future meepdog

I am literally so confused about this whole thing I don't know if the answer to this question is yes or no.

I successfully logged into the first portal but it didn't really tell us anything, then the second login from the second email won't let me log in with my AMCAS ID so I'm just going to assume that whoever gets the first II won't be me and will post how they got the invite. If it's through the portal then that's a problem for future meepdog
uhhhh ok now i'm really confused haha. I got one email from them inviting me to apply to a secondary. there was a link there that took me to a website where i had to first create an account and then, after, enter the code that was in this same email and my birthdate. That opened up an application for me which is was then able to complete and submit.

What i thought you were referring to is the second email that comes after you submit saying you should expect another email from them. I have yet to get this one.

Not sure if I'm understanding the above posts correctly but for me, the activation code was just in the initial e-mail they sent me. I hadn't scrolled all the way down to notice it, so initially I was also waiting for a second e-mail which never came. There was no use of AMCAS ID or anything.

Reactions: 2 users
For me, the activation code was just in the initial e-mail they sent me. I hadn't scrolled all the way down to notice it, so initially I was also waiting for a second e-mail which never came.
My activation code was at the top of my secondary email...

Reactions: 3 users
What does it mean relationship to the diversity of others for the second question?

Has anyone received an e-mail with Vitals login credentials?

"Current applicants: Once you received an email from Vitals with your login credentials (this is different than your lastname.#), you can check your application status"

"Current applicants: Once you received an email from Vitals with your login credentials (this is different than your lastname.#), you can check your application status"

Not yet. I received an e-mail with my lastname.# but no email from vitals. I clicked on the "check app status" link and it was some gateway error.

Does anyone know how to access our application after we have activated the "name.#" username? I'm honestly so confused by this process

Does anyone know how to access our application after we have activated the "name.#" username? I'm honestly so confused by this process
I dont think you can access your app. But you do have access to their library system!

Nope. Still waiting for it.

ok. wtf was the point of the lastname# email. i made an account, what does it do?

Nope. Still waiting for it.
Looks like waiting is the na,e of the game:

"(Applicant Portal) Applicants for the 2020-2021 Academic Year- You will not have access to Vitals until you receive an email from Vitals with your log in credentials. In the meantime, if you have any questions about your application status please contact the Office of Admissions. (7/17/2019 9:14:42 AM - 1/1/2020 12:00:00 AM )"

@ my FAP peeps... do we have to submit some waiver request? The link doesn't have instructions for AAMC FAP people i don't think...
Nah I don't think you have to submit any documentation/waiver request if you have AAMC FAP.

I'm so confused... am I supposed to get an email right after submitting my secondary? I only got a receipt, that's it...

I'm so confused... am I supposed to get an email right after submitting my secondary? I only got a receipt, that's it...
It takes a few days to get OSU ID and it takes a few more to get VITALS log in

At least you can submit. I can't even log on anymore...

After you submit, a lot of things happen, none of which make any sense - - stay sharp everyone.

Is anyone else having trouble with the essay word counts? I typed my responses (that I had previously typed on word and were 247 words) directly into the text box and it said I'm over the word count.

Is anyone else having trouble with the essay word counts? I typed my responses (that I had previously typed on word and were 247 words) directly into the text box and it said I'm over the word count.

I've noticed these things can be a little wonky. I'll paste the essay in with several words removed, then re-type those exact same words within the text box, and it allows it... Something about the pasting, I guess.