2019-2020 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the question "The mission statement of The Ohio State University College of Medicine is to “improve people’s lives” through innovation in research, medical education, and patient care. Please describe how your past experiences predict your potential to contribute in two of these three areas." are you answering it for innovation in research, innovation in medical education, and innovation in patient care or does the innovation not carry over? Idk if this question makes sense but I'm wondering if the medical education and patient care are stand alones lol
Medical education and patient care are separate. I did medical education and research.

Members don't see this ad.

For the question "The mission statement of The Ohio State University College of Medicine is to “improve people’s lives” through innovation in research, medical education, and patient care. Please describe how your past experiences predict your potential to contribute in two of these three areas." are you answering it for innovation in research, innovation in medical education, and innovation in patient care or does the innovation not carry over? Idk if this question makes sense but I'm wondering if the medical education and patient care are stand alones lol

Interpret the question however way you want. I interpreted it to be that innovation carries over to all three areas

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a complete email after vitals. I don’t even know what’s going on anymore

Reactions: 6 users
So what am i supposed to do after i create my osu account. It seemed kinda pointless?

Members don't see this ad :)
Vitals is the account that lets you see that OSU knows you exist. It is where your application updates will be sent.
Vitals is the account that lets you see that OSU knows you exist. It is where your application updates will be sent.
Awesome thanks! Will i be receiving that info when osu decides to catch up to the 21st century?

You created the OSU account to signal the IT department that you wanted a vitals account.
This is actually not always the case. I received an email about VITALS before I ever made my OSU account.

If I don't make a Vitals account, will they not see my app?

Did anybody else get the MSTP email today about picking alternate programs if not selected for MSTP?

Also, did any of y'all MSTP applicants realize we needed to send our transcripts to OSU separately from AMCAS?? Seems wild that they need two official transcripts... just another hoop to jump through

Last edited:
Did anybody else get the MSTP email today about picking alternate programs if not selected for MSTP?

Also, did any of y'all realize we needed to send our transcripts to OSU separately from AMCAS?? Seems wild that they need two official transcripts... just another hoop to jump through
Is that transcripts but MSTP only?

wait wait wait...do we actually need to send a transcript to osu? Normal MD applicant here

Reactions: 1 user
Is that transcripts but MSTP only?

Yes, I believe so!! Sorry for the confusion; I’ll edit my post now. The transcripts are getting sent to the Graduate and Professional Admission office, so I’m sure it’s for MSTP only!

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe in the future if you're accepted (hopefully I'll need to know that eventually), but for now, this is all you need according to the portal -- "An application is considered complete when all three required documents are received – a verified AMCAS application, a submitted supplemental application, and a valid MCAT score that meets the requirements set by the College. Faculty review is the next step in the process. Applicants invited for an interview will be notified via email. "
So it isn't even the portal is what this means. It would be used after your interview or maybe even after acceptance I imagine.

II this morning! IS LM 79, submitted mid July

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
To anyone looking here for questions at the notepad word processor dilemma, I wrote mine in word, cut and pasted to note pad, then cut and pasted back to word, and then copy and pasted to the portal. Formatting looked ok however I didn’t realized my apostrophes turned to question marks until after I submitted so make sure you check for that.

Reactions: 1 users
While the email I got didn't outright say I got rejected from the MSTP program, they did tell me that they're forwarding my application to the MD admissions office and the Office of Graduate Admissions and that I will be notified once my PhD applications are available. I'm going to take this as a silent R. Complete 7/18

I've been trying to fill out my secondary and I keep getting the below error message whenever I try to save the page. Anyone else have the same problem?

<?xml version="1.0"?><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>Client</faultcode><faultstring>An Error occurred processing this request (14098,286)</faultstring><detail><MSGS><MSG><ID>14200-557</ID><DESCR>External Academic Data - EXT_ORG_ID(SCC_STG_EXACDDT.EXT_ORG_ID) Invalid value - Check and try again</DESCR><MESSAGE_SEVERITY>E</MESSAGE_SEVERITY><PROPS><PROP><SCC_ENTITY_INST_ID></SCC_ENTITY_INST_ID><PROPNAME>EXT_ORG_ID</PROPNAME></PROP></PROPS></MSG></MSGS></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault>

I've been trying to fill out my secondary and I keep getting the below error message whenever I try to save the page. Anyone else have the same problem?

<?xml version="1.0"?><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>Client</faultcode><faultstring>An Error occurred processing this request (14098,286)</faultstring><detail><MSGS><MSG><ID>14200-557</ID><DESCR>External Academic Data - EXT_ORG_ID(SCC_STG_EXACDDT.EXT_ORG_ID) Invalid value - Check and try again</DESCR><MESSAGE_SEVERITY>E</MESSAGE_SEVERITY><PROPS><PROP><SCC_ENTITY_INST_ID></SCC_ENTITY_INST_ID><PROPNAME>EXT_ORG_ID</PROPNAME></PROP></PROPS></MSG></MSGS></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault>
Are you former military?

Still go check on the schools/transcript page and if there is anything with a weird school code just delete it.

I don't see any weird codes. Each of my colleges does have an school identifier number by it though

I don't see any weird codes. Each of my colleges does have an school identifier number by it though
Nothing like “00001” or something like that?

If not, then Darn. That is the extent of my knowledge. Sorry, that was my issue when I had that error code...

Does anyone remember if there was a place to upload a CV on the supplemental app?

Trying to pinch myself to wake up, but received II this morning!!!
OOS, Complete 7/22, LM 64

Reactions: 10 users