-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Rowan (Cooper)
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted993760
when did you hear?Waitlisted...my least favorite school so far and I failed at the two people interview so not surprising at all. Interviewed 9/13 I want to say...
Ms. ChanandlerBong
New Member
First acceptance! Phone call at 9am PST. Good luck to the rest of y'all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just so you all know: if you get a call from this school, you're being accepted. You'll never get an email for acceptance unless they make a mistake with timing the emails and calls (they send an acceptance email a couple days after the call, at least, that's the plan).
Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile
Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile
D
deleted993760
How likely is it to get off the high priority waitlist?
D
deleted1007162
How likely is it to get off the high priority waitlist?
Very likely. High priority is mainly for in state students. As far as the other waitlist, I’m not so sure
Very likely. High priority is mainly for in state students. As far as the other waitlist, I’m not so sure
This may be true but I will say I am definitely OOS with no ties to New Jersey and I’m on the priority waitlist! So that’s not a strict rule
Hey! Just curious where you got very likely from? According to MSAR only 20 offers are made to the waitlist folks. I got placed on priority waitlist too yesterday (OOS, no ties).
Also, is there a difference between high priority and priority and just waitlist?
Also, is there a difference between high priority and priority and just waitlist?
Benskinner01
Full Member
Are there others from mid-August who have still not heard anything? I'm feeling nervous about all of this now!
I was complete 8/8 and still haven't heard anything. For the record I am IS and LM is 69Are there others from mid-August who have still not heard anything? I'm feeling nervous about all of this now!
D
deleted1007162
I spoke to someone from the medical school. They said that they are top 10 in waitlist movement. It probably doesn't factor out people who withdrew in that time. Typical HPWL, the person said, is mainly for IS students. I don't really know, honestly. I'm still super bummed by being WL-ed. I need all the hope I can get 🙁Hey! Just curious where you got very likely from? According to MSAR only 20 offers are made to the waitlist folks. I got placed on priority waitlist too yesterday (OOS, no ties).
Also, is there a difference between high priority and priority and just waitlist?
lavendershampoo
Full Member
I spoke to someone from the medical school. They said that they are top 10 in waitlist movement. It probably doesn't factor out people who withdrew in that time. Typical HPWL, the person said, is mainly for IS students. I don't really know, honestly. I'm still super bummed by being WL-ed. I need all the hope I can get 🙁
yikes, IS and still just got the plain old waitlist
same lolyikes, IS and still just plain old waitlist ♀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same...yikes, IS and still just got the plain old waitlist
D
deleted993760
does this school accept updates if you are waitlisted?
D
deleted1007162
does this school accept updates if you are waitlisted?
Yes but closer to spring not before March
Anyone heard anything today?
I got an email around 9:30 this morning that told me to check the applicant portal for new information. There was a tab for officially accepting the offer to attend. Still nothing about the deposit though.For those of you who were accepted, did anyone receive an email yet? And does accepting their offer mean we are committing officially?
D
deleted977121
I got an email around 9:30 this morning that told me to check the applicant portal for new information. There was a tab for officially accepting the offer to attend. Still nothing about the deposit though.
Do you think we have to accept the offer to pay the deposit? Can someone confirm this?
pineapple68
New Member
Do you think we have to accept the offer to pay the deposit? Can someone confirm this?
I accepted the offer because it says on their website that they want all accepted students to accept the offer within 2 weeks of receiving it. I don't think its binding (at least I hope!). I still haven't received any information regarding submitting a deposit, but it is also Sunday so who knows
D
deleted915325
I accepted the offer because it says on their website that they want all accepted students to accept the offer within 2 weeks of receiving it. I don't think its binding (at least I hope!). I still haven't received any information regarding submitting a deposit, but it is also Sunday so who knows
My app cycle was two years ago so take it for what its worth, but you can " accept" the offer but don't have to commit until April or May (the same day the rest of AMCA only allows you to hold only one spot)
You don't leave the building all day - everything's in the same building. Interview day was a few presentations, a tour, the interview, and then a meet and greet with students.For those that have interviewed, as we are heading into cooler temps, is the day primarily spent inside or do we head outside at all? Trying to figure out whether overcoat is needed. Any tips on what the interview day agenda looks like?
There's a short walk between the parking garage and the school that's outside, so you might want a coat for that. Otherwise, as previously stated, the whole campus is contained in the building, so you shouldn't need any additional layers.For those that have interviewed, as we are heading into cooler temps, is the day primarily spent inside or do we head outside at all? Trying to figure out whether overcoat is needed. Any tips on what the interview day agenda looks like?
D
deleted915325
You don't leave the building all day - everything's in the same building. Interview day was a few presentations, a tour, the interview, and then a meet and greet with students.
They recently opened the new research building (literally last week), which contains the new simulation center. I can't say for certain, but I wouldn't be surpised if they started taking interviewees there. It's just a quick 2 block walk from from the main school though.
ColdBrewChomps
Full Member
interviewing here on friday...can anyone go share what it's like, format, vibe (casual or high stress), etc? thank you!!
Interview is 30 minutes in length, done with one member of the admissions committee who has reviewed your file and one individual that has not had any access to your file. It is entirely conversational, and it's as stressful as you make it. I know it's cliche, but 'Relax and be yourself' are the best pieces of advice here.interviewing here on friday...can anyone go share what it's like, format, vibe (casual or high stress), etc? thank you!!
The rest of the day starts like most other interview days, several presentations including financial aid, student affairs, various other odds and ends. There are 29 other interviewees besides yourself, and you are broken up into three groups of 10 to rotate through three activities: The interview, a tour, and a wellness presentation/relaxation activity. After that, there's roughly an hour conclusion reception where you can casually interact with students and ask all of those burning questions you may have. The whole day starts a little early at 7:45, but it's done by 1 in the afternoon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ColdBrewChomps
Full Member
Super helpful thank you. Is it just one 30min interview with one adcom member and the other individual or is it 2 separate 30min interviewsInterview is 30 minutes in length, done with one member of the admissions committee who has reviewed your file and one individual that has not had any access to your file. It is entirely conversational, and it's as stressful as you make it. I know it's cliche, but 'Relax and be yourself' are the best pieces of advice here.
The rest of the day starts like most other interview days, several presentations including financial aid, student affairs, various other odds and ends. There are 29 other interviewees besides yourself, and you are broken up into three groups of 10 to rotate through three activities: The interview, a tour, and a wellness presentation/relaxation activity. After that, there's roughly an hour conclusion reception where you can casually interact with students and ask all of those burning questions you may have. The whole day starts a little early at 7:45, but it's done by 1 in the afternoon.
Just the one 30 minute block, both interviewers at the same time.Super helpful thank you. Is it just one 30min interview with one adcom member and the other individual or is it 2 separate 30min interviews
ColdBrewChomps
Full Member
in that "hour conclusion reception" are we still being evaluated or nothing we say or ask about during that time bears on the adcom's decision? granted we don't say some red flag things. just want to know if it's still part of the "interview"Interview is 30 minutes in length, done with one member of the admissions committee who has reviewed your file and one individual that has not had any access to your file. It is entirely conversational, and it's as stressful as you make it. I know it's cliche, but 'Relax and be yourself' are the best pieces of advice here.
The rest of the day starts like most other interview days, several presentations including financial aid, student affairs, various other odds and ends. There are 29 other interviewees besides yourself, and you are broken up into three groups of 10 to rotate through three activities: The interview, a tour, and a wellness presentation/relaxation activity. After that, there's roughly an hour conclusion reception where you can casually interact with students and ask all of those burning questions you may have. The whole day starts a little early at 7:45, but it's done by 1 in the afternoon.
D
deleted977121
in that "hour conclusion reception" are we still being evaluated or nothing we say or ask about during that time bears on the adcom's decision? granted we don't say some red flag things. just want to know if it's still part of the "interview"
Adcoms don't pay any attention to you. You're interacting with a circle of medical students and it's quite loud
^^^ We just hang out w/ yall and drink coffee and eat snax.
alwaysbepositive
Full Member
so quite here. those who had interviews in october, did you hear back from adcom? still waiting for my interview invite
Yes, they told us at the II that they try to get back to applicants within a week or two. Anyone who interviewed before oct 15 should’ve got communication on the 15th.so quite here. those who had interviews in october, did you hear back from adcom? still waiting for my interview invite
ps- has anyone heard about a deposit? I just clicked in the portal that I accepted the offer, but not further instructions have been given at all.
alwaysbepositive
Full Member
congrats!!!! when was your interview?
alwaysbepositive
Full Member
mind sharing your stats?Yes, they told us at the II that they try to get back to applicants within a week or two. Anyone who interviewed before oct 15 should’ve got communication on the 15th.
ps- has anyone heard about a deposit? I just clicked in the portal that I accepted the offer, but not further instructions have been given at all.
DopeAmine95
Full Member
I emailed admissions and they told me that accepted applicants should be expecting a message sometime soon regarding the deposit and next steps.Yes, they told us at the II that they try to get back to applicants within a week or two. Anyone who interviewed before oct 15 should’ve got communication on the 15th.
ps- has anyone heard about a deposit? I just clicked in the portal that I accepted the offer, but not further instructions have been given at all.
alwaysbepositive
Full Member
did anyone get an acceptance call or WL email this week?
IcedLattesAndCats
Full Member
WL 10/15
Does anyone know if they accept update letters?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone still waiting on an II? i was complete around 08/25
+1 complete mid Aug
Same+1 complete mid Aug
D
deleted820490
+3anyone still waiting on an II? i was complete around 08/25
+4 complete 8/04 LOL