2019-2020 Rowan (Cooper)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted...my least favorite school so far and I failed at the two people interview so not surprising at all. Interviewed 9/13 I want to say...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Priority Waitlist. For those wondering, it does specifically say priority waitlist in the email

Reactions: 1 user
Just so you all know: if you get a call from this school, you're being accepted. You'll never get an email for acceptance unless they make a mistake with timing the emails and calls (they send an acceptance email a couple days after the call, at least, that's the plan).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile

Very likely. High priority is mainly for in state students. As far as the other waitlist, I’m not so sure

This may be true but I will say I am definitely OOS with no ties to New Jersey and I’m on the priority waitlist! So that’s not a strict rule

Hey! Just curious where you got very likely from? According to MSAR only 20 offers are made to the waitlist folks. I got placed on priority waitlist too yesterday (OOS, no ties).
Also, is there a difference between high priority and priority and just waitlist?

Are there others from mid-August who have still not heard anything? I'm feeling nervous about all of this now!

Reactions: 1 users
Are there others from mid-August who have still not heard anything? I'm feeling nervous about all of this now!
I was complete 8/8 and still haven't heard anything. For the record I am IS and LM is 69

Hey! Just curious where you got very likely from? According to MSAR only 20 offers are made to the waitlist folks. I got placed on priority waitlist too yesterday (OOS, no ties).
Also, is there a difference between high priority and priority and just waitlist?
I spoke to someone from the medical school. They said that they are top 10 in waitlist movement. It probably doesn't factor out people who withdrew in that time. Typical HPWL, the person said, is mainly for IS students. I don't really know, honestly. I'm still super bummed by being WL-ed. I need all the hope I can get :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke to someone from the medical school. They said that they are top 10 in waitlist movement. It probably doesn't factor out people who withdrew in that time. Typical HPWL, the person said, is mainly for IS students. I don't really know, honestly. I'm still super bummed by being WL-ed. I need all the hope I can get :(

yikes, IS and still just got the plain old waitlist

For those of you who were accepted, did anyone receive an email yet? And does accepting their offer mean we are committing officially?

For those of you who were accepted, did anyone receive an email yet? And does accepting their offer mean we are committing officially?
I got an email around 9:30 this morning that told me to check the applicant portal for new information. There was a tab for officially accepting the offer to attend. Still nothing about the deposit though.

I got an email around 9:30 this morning that told me to check the applicant portal for new information. There was a tab for officially accepting the offer to attend. Still nothing about the deposit though.

Do you think we have to accept the offer to pay the deposit? Can someone confirm this?

Do you think we have to accept the offer to pay the deposit? Can someone confirm this?

I accepted the offer because it says on their website that they want all accepted students to accept the offer within 2 weeks of receiving it. I don't think its binding (at least I hope!). I still haven't received any information regarding submitting a deposit, but it is also Sunday so who knows

I accepted the offer because it says on their website that they want all accepted students to accept the offer within 2 weeks of receiving it. I don't think its binding (at least I hope!). I still haven't received any information regarding submitting a deposit, but it is also Sunday so who knows

My app cycle was two years ago so take it for what its worth, but you can " accept" the offer but don't have to commit until April or May (the same day the rest of AMCA only allows you to hold only one spot)

For those that have interviewed, as we are heading into cooler temps, is the day primarily spent inside or do we head outside at all? Trying to figure out whether overcoat is needed. Any tips on what the interview day agenda looks like?

For those that have interviewed, as we are heading into cooler temps, is the day primarily spent inside or do we head outside at all? Trying to figure out whether overcoat is needed. Any tips on what the interview day agenda looks like?
You don't leave the building all day - everything's in the same building. Interview day was a few presentations, a tour, the interview, and then a meet and greet with students.

There's a short walk between the parking garage and the school that's outside, so you might want a coat for that. Otherwise, as previously stated, the whole campus is contained in the building, so you shouldn't need any additional layers.

You don't leave the building all day - everything's in the same building. Interview day was a few presentations, a tour, the interview, and then a meet and greet with students.

They recently opened the new research building (literally last week), which contains the new simulation center. I can't say for certain, but I wouldn't be surpised if they started taking interviewees there. It's just a quick 2 block walk from from the main school though.

interviewing here on friday...can anyone go share what it's like, format, vibe (casual or high stress), etc? thank you!!

interviewing here on friday...can anyone go share what it's like, format, vibe (casual or high stress), etc? thank you!!
Interview is 30 minutes in length, done with one member of the admissions committee who has reviewed your file and one individual that has not had any access to your file. It is entirely conversational, and it's as stressful as you make it. I know it's cliche, but 'Relax and be yourself' are the best pieces of advice here.

The rest of the day starts like most other interview days, several presentations including financial aid, student affairs, various other odds and ends. There are 29 other interviewees besides yourself, and you are broken up into three groups of 10 to rotate through three activities: The interview, a tour, and a wellness presentation/relaxation activity. After that, there's roughly an hour conclusion reception where you can casually interact with students and ask all of those burning questions you may have. The whole day starts a little early at 7:45, but it's done by 1 in the afternoon.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview is 30 minutes in length, done with one member of the admissions committee who has reviewed your file and one individual that has not had any access to your file. It is entirely conversational, and it's as stressful as you make it. I know it's cliche, but 'Relax and be yourself' are the best pieces of advice here.

The rest of the day starts like most other interview days, several presentations including financial aid, student affairs, various other odds and ends. There are 29 other interviewees besides yourself, and you are broken up into three groups of 10 to rotate through three activities: The interview, a tour, and a wellness presentation/relaxation activity. After that, there's roughly an hour conclusion reception where you can casually interact with students and ask all of those burning questions you may have. The whole day starts a little early at 7:45, but it's done by 1 in the afternoon.
Super helpful thank you. Is it just one 30min interview with one adcom member and the other individual or is it 2 separate 30min interviews

Super helpful thank you. Is it just one 30min interview with one adcom member and the other individual or is it 2 separate 30min interviews
Just the one 30 minute block, both interviewers at the same time.

in that "hour conclusion reception" are we still being evaluated or nothing we say or ask about during that time bears on the adcom's decision? granted we don't say some red flag things. just want to know if it's still part of the "interview"

in that "hour conclusion reception" are we still being evaluated or nothing we say or ask about during that time bears on the adcom's decision? granted we don't say some red flag things. just want to know if it's still part of the "interview"

Adcoms don't pay any attention to you. You're interacting with a circle of medical students and it's quite loud

^^^ We just hang out w/ yall and drink coffee and eat snax.

Reactions: 2 users
so quite here. those who had interviews in october, did you hear back from adcom? still waiting for my interview invite

so quite here. those who had interviews in october, did you hear back from adcom? still waiting for my interview invite
Yes, they told us at the II that they try to get back to applicants within a week or two. Anyone who interviewed before oct 15 should’ve got communication on the 15th.

ps- has anyone heard about a deposit? I just clicked in the portal that I accepted the offer, but not further instructions have been given at all.

Yes, they told us at the II that they try to get back to applicants within a week or two. Anyone who interviewed before oct 15 should’ve got communication on the 15th.

ps- has anyone heard about a deposit? I just clicked in the portal that I accepted the offer, but not further instructions have been given at all.
mind sharing your stats?

I emailed admissions and they told me that accepted applicants should be expecting a message sometime soon regarding the deposit and next steps.

Reactions: 3 users
anyone still waiting on an II? i was complete around 08/25

have any accepted students received their BANNER ID number yet?