-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Rush
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
1) Yes they do but its their first year of doing it pre-II I dont' think it will make much of a difference. And I wouldn't bother submitting a letter of intent Pre-II thats a little much....^ that, and does anyone know if Rush accepts update letters, I haven't gotten an interview but wanted to know if I should send an update with my intentions to attend as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
R, complete august
Brb adding 800 service hours for next year so I can be at Rush's average
Brb adding 800 service hours for next year so I can be at Rush's average
RedditorMD
Full Member
I got that "still being considered" email on Oct 1st, but nothing since then. App Comp 9/8
SmittyW
Full Member
yeah i got that one. sent an update tooSorry to everyone who got the R! Did any of you ever get the “still being considered” email back in sept? Pretty sure my rejection is coming lol
(New to this thread, hi!) Just got an II! Complete 8/3 and got the email about 30 minutes ago. I've only done MMIs before so I'm a little nervous! What's the interview like? I know the gist of the format from the info I got on the app portal but do they tend to ask more general questions about medicine or are they asking specific questions about your app? And are the open file interviews one on one or is it multiple faculty members?
Take a deep breathe 😉 go ahead and read the beginning of the thread all your questions are answered in this thread.(New to this thread, hi!) Just got an II! Complete 8/3 and got the email about 30 minutes ago. I've only done MMIs before so I'm a little nervous! What's the interview like? I know the gist of the format from the info I got on the app portal but do they tend to ask more general questions about medicine or are they asking specific questions about your app? And are the open file interviews one on one or is it multiple faculty members?
D
deleted985175
Pre-II R yesterday morning. My "still being considered" email was 10/01. Updated them twice since. Oh well~
Good luck everyone!
Good luck everyone!
D
deleted1011020
Here we go Rush hit me with that decision [emoji88]
Here we go Rush hit me with that decision [emoji88]
+2 it’s been too long fam
For data collection purposes I was put on Active Consideration on October 15th after interviewing in September. In mid December I was offered a spot on the wait-list.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hellofuturedocs
Full Member
New to SDN- how did today’s interviews go?! First impressions, overall opinions?
Which of the two interviews (40 min or 10 min) did you like?
Which of the two interviews (40 min or 10 min) did you like?
D
deleted850921
Have you already interviewed or are you asking for a future interview?New to SDN- how did today’s interviews go?! First impressions, overall opinions?
Which of the two interviews (40 min or 10 min) did you like?
hellofuturedocs
Full Member
Have you already interviewed or are you asking for a future interview?
I just know that 1/15 was an interview date and wanted to hear people’s opinions 🙂 I have not interviewed here no
Great! Many people have posted there interview experiences throughout this thread if you want to take a nice scroll 🙂I just know that 1/15 was an interview date and wanted to hear people’s opinions 🙂 I have not interviewed here no
hellofuturedocs
Full Member
around how many students per interview day?
around how many students per interview day?
My personal experience was about ~20 on a given day.
It was more than I expectedMy personal experience was about ~20 on a given day.
mushu22
Full Member
+2 it’s been too long fam
I'm so excited for this interview season to be over.
D
deleted1011020
not until I get that forbidden AI'm so excited for this interview season to be over.
Holy balls just got an invite this morning. Was not expecting this at all.
D
deleted894256
+1 —all the Wednesday’s 1/29 thru 2/19 available! Rush adcoms working overtimeHoly balls just got an invite this morning. Was not expecting this at all.
RedditorMD
Full Member
Congrats!! Complete date?+1 —all the Wednesday’s 1/29 thru 2/19 available! Rush adcoms working overtime
D
deleted894256
8/20 — got the “your app is still under consideration” email in mid SeptW
Congrats!! Complete date?
^ that, and does anyone know if Rush accepts update letters, I haven't gotten an interview but wanted to know if I should send an update with my intentions to attend as well.
YES you should, that's what i did and I got an interview.
Does anyone have any experience rescheduling an interview here, or know if they are receptive to it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just call! Also I would just remind you there are only so many dates left....Does anyone have any experience rescheduling an interview here, or know if they are receptive to it?
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
Yep!People that interviewed Jan 8 are suppose to hear back tomorrow right?
hopefulapplicant97
Full Member
Is there anything more I can do...
Secondary complete: 8/2/19
Still under consideration email 9/12/19
Letter of interest: 11/17/19
Really want those last remaining interviews[emoji24][emoji23]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Secondary complete: 8/2/19
Still under consideration email 9/12/19
Letter of interest: 11/17/19
Really want those last remaining interviews[emoji24][emoji23]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D
deleted904276
You're not alone - I'm in the same boat.Is there anything more I can do...
Secondary complete: 8/2/19
Still under consideration email 9/12/19
Letter of interest: 11/17/19
Really want those last remaining interviews[emoji24][emoji23]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So if we never received a “still under consideration” email, should we assume an R?
NoSo if we never received a “still under consideration” email, should we assume an R?
NopeHas anyone waiting for decision release heard anything??
Has anyone waiting for decision release heard anything??
I haven’t eitherNope
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
Interviewed on 1/8 and I was placed on hold basically? They were like it’s not a waitlist, we want to reevaluate your application again. What does this mean?
Interviewed on 1/8 and I was placed on hold basically? They were like it’s not a waitlist, we want to reevaluate your application again. What does this mean?
Isn't that the "still under consideration" email that people have been getting throughout the year? In any case, its better than a WL.
Waitlisted also
Dang, anyone at all get accepted from 1/8? I know last year even some of the mid-Feb interviewees were getting accepted outright.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still waiting...Anyone know when those under active consideration will hear back?
Any current Rush students here that wouldn't mind answering a few questions over PM? Not so much about the academics, more about the culture/community aspects of Rush 🙂
I just got waitlisted
When did you interview?
based on what my understanding from earlier in the interview cycle, it means that they wanted to be able to compare your application against a larger pool of applicants outside of your week. Definitely not an insult or a bad thing but they just needed more time. This is how I interpreted what they said. As someone who was waitlisted at 3 schools last year and never got in, I feel your pain. Keep pushing through though!Interviewed on 1/8 and I was placed on hold basically? They were like it’s not a waitlist, we want to reevaluate your application again. What does this mean?
Also 1/8When did you interview?