2019-2020 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^ that, and does anyone know if Rush accepts update letters, I haven't gotten an interview but wanted to know if I should send an update with my intentions to attend as well.

Members don't see this ad.

^ that, and does anyone know if Rush accepts update letters, I haven't gotten an interview but wanted to know if I should send an update with my intentions to attend as well.
1) Yes they do but its their first year of doing it pre-II I dont' think it will make much of a difference. And I wouldn't bother submitting a letter of intent Pre-II thats a little much....

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R, good luck everyone!!
Complete 8/23

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an R Pre II

• Sad
Extra crispy, smokin hot pre-II R. With pickles and sriracha mayo.

complete mid-July

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
R, complete august

Brb adding 800 service hours for next year so I can be at Rush's average

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Sorry to everyone who got the R! Did any of you ever get the “still being considered” email back in sept? Pretty sure my rejection is coming lol

Reactions: 3 users
I got that "still being considered" email on Oct 1st, but nothing since then. App Comp 9/8

Sorry to everyone who got the R! Did any of you ever get the “still being considered” email back in sept? Pretty sure my rejection is coming lol
yeah i got that one. sent an update too

(New to this thread, hi!) Just got an II! Complete 8/3 and got the email about 30 minutes ago. I've only done MMIs before so I'm a little nervous! What's the interview like? I know the gist of the format from the info I got on the app portal but do they tend to ask more general questions about medicine or are they asking specific questions about your app? And are the open file interviews one on one or is it multiple faculty members?

Reactions: 3 users
(New to this thread, hi!) Just got an II! Complete 8/3 and got the email about 30 minutes ago. I've only done MMIs before so I'm a little nervous! What's the interview like? I know the gist of the format from the info I got on the app portal but do they tend to ask more general questions about medicine or are they asking specific questions about your app? And are the open file interviews one on one or is it multiple faculty members?
Take a deep breathe ;) go ahead and read the beginning of the thread all your questions are answered in this thread.

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R yesterday morning. My "still being considered" email was 10/01. Updated them twice since. Oh well~

Good luck everyone!

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
For data collection purposes I was put on Active Consideration on October 15th after interviewing in September. In mid December I was offered a spot on the wait-list.

Reactions: 1 users
New to SDN- how did today’s interviews go?! First impressions, overall opinions?
Which of the two interviews (40 min or 10 min) did you like?

I just know that 1/15 was an interview date and wanted to hear people’s opinions :) I have not interviewed here no
Great! Many people have posted there interview experiences throughout this thread if you want to take a nice scroll :)

Holy balls just got an invite this morning. Was not expecting this at all.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

YES you should, that's what i did and I got an interview.

Does anyone have any experience rescheduling an interview here, or know if they are receptive to it?

Does anyone have any experience rescheduling an interview here, or know if they are receptive to it?
Just call! Also I would just remind you there are only so many dates left....

Is there anything more I can do...
Secondary complete: 8/2/19
Still under consideration email 9/12/19
Letter of interest: 11/17/19
Really want those last remaining interviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anything more I can do...
Secondary complete: 8/2/19
Still under consideration email 9/12/19
Letter of interest: 11/17/19
Really want those last remaining interviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're not alone - I'm in the same boat.

Reactions: 4 users
So if we never received a “still under consideration” email, should we assume an R?

Interviewed on 1/8 and I was placed on hold basically? They were like it’s not a waitlist, we want to reevaluate your application again. What does this mean?

Interviewed on 1/8 and I was placed on hold basically? They were like it’s not a waitlist, we want to reevaluate your application again. What does this mean?

Isn't that the "still under consideration" email that people have been getting throughout the year? In any case, its better than a WL.

Dang, anyone at all get accepted from 1/8? I know last year even some of the mid-Feb interviewees were getting accepted outright.

Still waiting...Anyone know when those under active consideration will hear back?

Any current Rush students here that wouldn't mind answering a few questions over PM? Not so much about the academics, more about the culture/community aspects of Rush :)

based on what my understanding from earlier in the interview cycle, it means that they wanted to be able to compare your application against a larger pool of applicants outside of your week. Definitely not an insult or a bad thing but they just needed more time. This is how I interpreted what they said. As someone who was waitlisted at 3 schools last year and never got in, I feel your pain. Keep pushing through though!