You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Rush
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
December 11th, January 8th, January 15th, and January 22nd as of last Thursday when I got my IIDoes anyone know through which dates Rush is offering interviews at the moment?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just a quick question, is Administrative Interview also one-on-one interview?
Yup! Also goes by super fast!
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
What time did people get out of the interview?
4 or laterWhat time did people get out of the interview?
Great perseverance. Me first time applying Got my first acceptance couple of weeks ago and it was amazing relief from pressure of not getting. Four months into application so much pressure and self doubt. How have you sustained it for so long. Hats off to you.3rd cycle applying to medical school. First cycle no interviews, 2nd cycle waitlisted at schools with no luck, 3rd cycle...just received my first acceptance here today. Countless hours of effort, self-doubt, and stress to get to this point. Literally teared up when I got the email this morning. Beyond ecstatic to be given this privilege and finally make my dream come true. For those in a similar situation, keep pushing... you'll get there!
Do we know for sure they won't announce A's 12/27? Is 12/20 the last decision date for this Fall?
Last year 12/20 was the day they sent out active consideration decision
Congrats to all of you who have been accepted, and those of you still waiting, good luck! As an M1 at Rush, I remember this time last year between my interview and acceptance (it was, in fact, my only one) all too well. As we cross into the later interview season, most of you waiting are highly stressed. Unless you have important information to update for schools, I suggest you do everything possible to ignore your applications (just check your shared communication with schools for updates) and make time for family and friends during the holiday season. Don't let this cycle define your life because you are more than an applicant.
If you are lucky enough to be deciding between multiple acceptances and are unsure if Rush's flipped classroom style is for you, I'll give you some insight.
You study outside of class and review that material on cases in class. Each in-class session is guided by a practitioner per group of ~18 students and subdivided into 3 teams you share for a whole block. Subject experts walk around the hub (holds the whole class but is sectioned off) to clarify material for each group. We also start and end about a month later than most schools, but you will get 8 weeks off to study for Step 1 (more than most), and finish when others do as an M4. Beyond this, Rush's style is not vastly different from any other medical school.
If you really can't wait, here are the in-depth details:
A typical in-class week here involves a case on Monday and Thursday interspersed with occasional events, "mandatory" labs, and role sessions. Almost always 4-day weeks. You are responsible for studying cases (~100-300 pages) and preparing for other sessions (students tend to take less seriously) in whatever way you like. The faculty provide both written/slides and youtube format, and of course, you can use outside resources. The cases are followed by 10-question quizzes for 1% each. Formatives (midterms) are 5% each, and a summative (final) makes up the majority of the grade. The faculty are so demanding and receptive of feedback that it almost becomes annoying... I know it's a great thing, but still. You are also responsible for Comm Skill Assessments which is role-playing in a sim-center clinic. This is not part of your ranking, but you supposedly must ace each CSA to progress. CSAs are to prepare you for Step 2. Pre-clinical years are worth 20%, so clinical is worth 80% of your class rank. You need a 70% to pass each block as an M1/2 but are given chances to make up if you fail. Clinical is at Rush and County so you don't have to worry about getting a car to commute to hospitals your M3/4 year. Rush looks for community invested applicants, but the requirements once you get here are extraordinarily low. RCSIPs are plentiful. I suggest joining one if you think you'll enjoy it, but please don't feel like you have to do one. You can always accumulate community investment outside of Rush. Lastly, be aware of your commute (you will receive a student public transport pass). The winters are the same as any northern State, but the windy days can make it brutal so minimize the time you have to be outside. Luckily, once you get to Rush, all the buildings are connected on the fourth floor.
P.S. I'd like to check back in case you guys have questions, but there is also a good chance I'll forget. Happy Holidays!
If you are lucky enough to be deciding between multiple acceptances and are unsure if Rush's flipped classroom style is for you, I'll give you some insight.
You study outside of class and review that material on cases in class. Each in-class session is guided by a practitioner per group of ~18 students and subdivided into 3 teams you share for a whole block. Subject experts walk around the hub (holds the whole class but is sectioned off) to clarify material for each group. We also start and end about a month later than most schools, but you will get 8 weeks off to study for Step 1 (more than most), and finish when others do as an M4. Beyond this, Rush's style is not vastly different from any other medical school.
If you really can't wait, here are the in-depth details:
A typical in-class week here involves a case on Monday and Thursday interspersed with occasional events, "mandatory" labs, and role sessions. Almost always 4-day weeks. You are responsible for studying cases (~100-300 pages) and preparing for other sessions (students tend to take less seriously) in whatever way you like. The faculty provide both written/slides and youtube format, and of course, you can use outside resources. The cases are followed by 10-question quizzes for 1% each. Formatives (midterms) are 5% each, and a summative (final) makes up the majority of the grade. The faculty are so demanding and receptive of feedback that it almost becomes annoying... I know it's a great thing, but still. You are also responsible for Comm Skill Assessments which is role-playing in a sim-center clinic. This is not part of your ranking, but you supposedly must ace each CSA to progress. CSAs are to prepare you for Step 2. Pre-clinical years are worth 20%, so clinical is worth 80% of your class rank. You need a 70% to pass each block as an M1/2 but are given chances to make up if you fail. Clinical is at Rush and County so you don't have to worry about getting a car to commute to hospitals your M3/4 year. Rush looks for community invested applicants, but the requirements once you get here are extraordinarily low. RCSIPs are plentiful. I suggest joining one if you think you'll enjoy it, but please don't feel like you have to do one. You can always accumulate community investment outside of Rush. Lastly, be aware of your commute (you will receive a student public transport pass). The winters are the same as any northern State, but the windy days can make it brutal so minimize the time you have to be outside. Luckily, once you get to Rush, all the buildings are connected on the fourth floor.
P.S. I'd like to check back in case you guys have questions, but there is also a good chance I'll forget. Happy Holidays!
You are responsible for studying cases (~100-300 pages)
Just want to clarify, each case is 100-300 pages in length? My oh my
I mean its the entire basic science curriculum! Theyre long cause its all the basic science you will learn.Just want to clarify, each case is 100-300 pages in length? My oh my
D
deleted913806
Sorry if this has been answered but is Rush receptive to ITA requests?
Consensus is no.Sorry if this has been answered but is Rush receptive to ITA requests?
I just got accepted today!
-Interviewed 11/20,
- Active consideration 12/6,
- Submitted letter of intent/ update letter 12/8
Thank you, everyone, on this thread for being soo helpful! I wish all of you luck on this application cycle!!!
-Interviewed 11/20,
- Active consideration 12/6,
- Submitted letter of intent/ update letter 12/8
Thank you, everyone, on this thread for being soo helpful! I wish all of you luck on this application cycle!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are the chances of a waitlist turning into an acceptance?
No one can give you a good answer to that! But with a 70% post II percentage you have to imagine there is some movement!What are the chances of a waitlist turning into an acceptance?
yes, atleast it was during mine. it was very short but I felt that the interviewer came with specific questions after reading my app.Just a quick question, is Administrative Interview also one-on-one interview?
My interviewer asked 2 generic questions and I don’t think had reallt read mine over muchyes, atleast it was during mine. it was very short but I felt that the interviewer came with specific questions after reading my app.
Congrats! Anyone else from active consideration hear anything?? Im still waiting to hear back from it! I've already sent letters of interest/intent and more letters of recommendations!I just got accepted today!
-Interviewed 11/20,
- Active consideration 12/6,
- Submitted letter of intent/ update letter 12/8
Thank you, everyone, on this thread for being soo helpful! I wish all of you luck on this application cycle!!!
Congrats! Anyone else from active consideration hear anything?? Im still waiting to hear back from it! I've already sent letters of interest/intent and more letters of recommendations!
I was also accepted last week! I was placed on Active Consideration in October
californiadreamin19
Full Member
has anyone gotten a II recently?
Office Visit
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything who is on Active Consideration today? I have been on since November and hoping to hear something today and literally had a heart attack when I saw something from them, until I saw it was just a Seasons Greetings email...
same boat as you!Has anyone heard anything who is on Active Consideration today? I have been on since November and hoping to hear something today and literally had a heart attack when I saw something from them, until I saw it was just a Seasons Greetings email...
ilovelucy95
New Member
I also was accepted yesterday (Friday, 12/20). I interviewed on 12/4. This is my first acceptance and I am so excited! Happy Holidays to everyone! 🙂
My email subject said rush_Entering class and happy holidays. Don’t know if that’s a good sign hahhaa. Been on active consideration
So, when I was put on Active Consideration, admissions said that I would hear back before the end of the year... How is that possible with the school being on break..?
My only concern about it is the possible disorganization about it. The idea of large teams and over 100 people in a room with multiple professors rotating around concerns me that a lot will be lost. Am I incorrect for thinking this? I was accepted into another school that does flipped classroom/PBL as well but it's in one room with one facilitator and I feel like that's a more organized way to approach it. Is anyone able to comment that would disagree?
Sorry to reply so late, I’m interested in flipped classroom only - what is the other school you were accepted to? Thanks!
Bigmedicineguy
Applying 2019-2020 Cycle
Case WesternSorry to reply so late, I’m interested in flipped classroom only - what is the other school you were accepted to? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Latest interview invites?
did you end up hearing?My email subject said rush_Entering class and happy holidays. Don’t know if that’s a good sign hahhaa. Been on active consideration
Is active consideration same as waitlist??I was also accepted last week! I was placed on Active Consideration in October
Congrats! Anyone else from active consideration hear anything?? Im still waiting to hear back from it! I've already sent letters of interest/intent and more letters of recommendations!
How did you submit LORs? Did you upload through the portal or did you letter writers send directly to the school?
Anyone know how many interview dates are left?
Nope have not heard backdid you end up hearing?
Office Visit
Full Member
So I guess everyone on Active Consideration is going to hear back tomorrow then?? The email said that we would hear back no later than the first of the year...
RedditorMD
Full Member
They posted on their instagram the stats for the current cycle. Around 150 ppl have been accepted thus far.
D
deleted850921
I actually like this kind of update (I don’t think they did this last year). It’s not quite like an interview tracker but at least it clarifies where they areThey posted on their instagram the stats for the current cycle. Around 150 ppl have been accepted thus far.
And there are only about 65 people on the class FB page so that should tell you just about how many people plan to enroll so far.They posted on their instagram the stats for the current cycle. Around 150 ppl have been accepted thus far.
D
deleted850921
LOL I noticed that too and thought Rush had only given out 70 acceptances so farAnd there are only about 65 people on the class FB page so that should tell you just about how many people plan to enroll so far.
damn im super nervous! Getting into Rush is all i wanted this holiday!So I guess everyone on Active Consideration is going to hear back tomorrow then?? The email said that we would hear back no later than the first of the year...
imaginefym
New Member
Did anyone on Active Consideration not hear from Rush today?? I was expecting to hear back no later than today...
HopefulMD1996
Full Member
Did anyone on Active Consideration not hear from Rush today?? I was expecting to hear back no later than today...
I was hoping the same thing and didn’t hear anything. It’s a real shame I loved the school and have been waiting to hear back.
And there are only about 65 people on the class FB page so that should tell you just about how many people plan to enroll so far.
What is the name of the FB page?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got that email back in September about how they're still going through apps and to not fret. Nothing since. Anyone else in the same boat?
What is the name of the FB page?
Rush Medical College Class of 2024
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got that email back in September about how they're still going through apps and to not fret. Nothing since. Anyone else in the same boat?
+2
I didn’t get any emails since they told me my application was complete on 9/4

+3I got that email back in September about how they're still going through apps and to not fret. Nothing since. Anyone else in the same boat?